Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nutritional Value of Mushrooms

Owl girl have you even ever ben in a McDonalds they have salads milk and other healthy meals as well and yes even the worthles mushroom is there. I was lost in the wildernes the other and looked down and there was some mushrooms and then I looked up and there was a McDonald which one was chosen? Apples are loaded with sugar wich is quickly converted to energy. So now we are comparing apples to mushrooms a resonable person giving the choice that they needed the energy in order to not perish would choose the apple if we are in to kitchen choose what we want but when in a down and dirty survival you beter make the right choice mickey Ds doesn't stay open late in the woods. It would not suprise me that the nutrition info you refer to is published by the mushroom growers who just want your money. there are probably more minerals in dirt, ditamasious earth is some healthy stuf but it taste like dirt.
    KNOWLEDGE the ulitmate survival tool

I AM HURT BUT NOT SLAIN, I WILL LIE DOWN AND BLEED A WHILE THEN I WILL RISE UP AND FIGHT AGAIN.

Sorry, Hop. The saying is, "Comparing apples to oranges" not "Apples to mushrooms". Now, if I stumbled across an orange in the wild, I'd pick that unless it was an orange mushroom. I'd pass that by. Not much fat on an orange mushroom.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

How about mushrooms to a big fat rabit, trout , squirel or deer or Wendys and don't try to tell me that little red headed girl would serve any thing with out the I am going to make it out of here deffinition of food.
    KNOWLEDGE the ulitmate survival tool

I AM HURT BUT NOT SLAIN, I WILL LIE DOWN AND BLEED A WHILE THEN I WILL RISE UP AND FIGHT AGAIN.

I know that I'm going to regret making this post but I can't stop myself. Can I plead insanity up front?

It's hard to bring a disagreement to a conclusion when both sides have some degree of right in their argument. Given that there is some nutrition to be found in some mushrooms and also given that there are usually better choices to be made for diet, safety becomes the deciding factor for me. I'm sure that there are experts out there who can identify all mushrooms at all times without error but I ain't one of them. Now, if a mistake was going to make me a little sick and I'd get over it that would be one thing but that's not how it is with mushrooms. Mistakes with mushrooms kill and it's not like you just go to sleep and don't wake up. The poison in mushrooms attack your liver. That is one of the worst ways to go. It's all about survival and for me that means that I just don't take that risk.

Blog Entries

Don't do shrooms, to me mushroms are a fungus and I don't eat fungus... plus just don't like them. More plants in the forest, woods, mountains, or river bottoms to eat then a frig'n fungus. But then again I don't frig'n frogs either
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

You're right, Semper. Ain't gonna work. I tried the same thing back about post #28 and we're now at....what?....46? They stepped on me like one of Beo's frig'n fungi and kept on walkin'. Spore juice on the sole of their boots, that's all I was. I didn't stand a chance. You won't, either.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Wink Soloution.

OK, I agree that all mushrooms are bad! So anybody finding or hanging onto any Morels, send them to me for immeadiate disposal. It's the least I can do for my fellow Wolves.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    OK, I agree that all mushrooms are bad! So anybody finding or hanging onto any Morels, send them to me for immeadiate disposal. It's the least I can do for my fellow Wolves.
    haha Sarge you tell them,BTW I'll help you dispose of them!

Default promised myself I wouldn't cry

But that man's willingness to sacrifice himself for the wolf-pack..well....give me a minute I have to catch my breath. God bless you Sarge, God bless you.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Blog Entries

If everyone would just agree with me it would be a great world.
    Beowulf for President!!!!!!!!! Trax for Vice Pre, Sarge as Moderator CIA ran by Eplodingearth so he can get files on some people, Nell-Owl Girl-Lady Trapper to Supreme Court, Chris as National Security Advisor, and this WILL BE a dictatorship!!! And no shroom eating or frog licking!!!
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Bro, if you're the prez it'll be a Dick-tatorship, LMAOOOOOOOOOO
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Blog Entries

In Beowulfifstan (the new name for the U.S.) it's my way or the highway.
    Next we take Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf65 View Post
    In Beowulfifstan (the new name for the U.S.) it's my way or the highway.
    Next we take Canada
    Tell you what, save yourself a lot of bloodshed, I'll sell it to you for a stack of blankets, a few rifles, steel axes and some pretty shiny beads....no wait, that's been done already...never mind.

Blog Entries

I know one thing I'd get rid of the reservations. Give the Native Americans the States of Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Minnasota, North & South Dakota, Montana, and Kansas and all that goes with them to run as they see fit. Some of the Eastern States also. But that's a whole new issue

Default but Beo, sir, we're not supposed to discuss politics

See...in Traxistan (still easier to spell) I'll just set my self up as President, Supreme Commander, Emissary of God, and Generalissimo Grande for Life.You'll all get good jobs. No power tripping here dude, I promise to take good care of all the people. If you call the Presidential Palace and get the machine...me and Nell are out mushroom picking....

Blog Entries

Or frog licking

hmmm, nope, no frogs in Traxistan Pretty sure they'd all be devoured by my southern neighbors, Beowulfistanians

You guys realize, don't you, that you've probably tripped every computer in the NSC and CIA? All this talk of overthowin' the government. Anarchy and such. (Note to Feds. I had no part, nor do I sanction any form of revolution) but I'll be happy to be a character witness for both of you. God knows you're both characters.

Just doin' my patriotic bit, Rick.

Oh, sure. You'll be singin' O' Canada while they cart poor Beo off.

Beo - You gotta stick with your own pack. You're gonna get in trouble playin' in the next valley like that.