Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: damascus Sgian Dubh

that's beautiful.

mine's stainless, and while it's a great blade which i use for everything, as god intended, yours is a thing of beauty. i love patterns welded blades.
    Last edited by canid; 01-13-2010 at 12:57 AM.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Excellent Sgian Dubh, just had one made for my son's wedding this summer.
    Bear Clan

I was born with nothing,
    with hard work and deligence I still have most of it
    this week a lot less...must be a hole in my pocket

Quote Originally Posted by gryffynklm View Post
    I asked a friend to make me a Sgian Dubh Scottish knife to go with my uniform for the pipe band I'm in. I just picked it up a few days ago. Nice pattern and wicked sharp. The stone on the end is amber. Now I have to make sheath. I'm quite pleased.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    That's beautiful. Does your friend make them comercially? Could you share his contact info?

The closest I ever got to a Sgian Dubh was the Gerber Guardian I called all through my teen an college years. Being a McIntyre it seemed like the natural thing to do. I have yet to wear a kilt though, that's a group activity IMO. One man in a kilt, people wonder, twenty men in kilts, they cross the street. Mac
    The Colhane Channel TV for guys like me.

Nice knife!

Seems a lot of us of the gewd blood on these boards. My mother is a Davie and my father's mother was a Cameron. Most of my cousins that come to visit are from my grandmother's clan McCann or the Wilson clan that my aunt married into.

My mother was born in raised in Glasgow.

I asked my dad once what we were. He said,

"You're half Scotch, the rest is water."

True it is.

Mac
    The Colhane Channel TV for guys like me.

My mom was a McChesney. My dad was a smooth talker...apparently.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by gryffynklm View Post
    I have three of his blades. A damascus skinner with a laminated canvas handle. and a stag horn handled utility 5.5" knife. Here is his link.

http://caldwellmetalart.com/new_page_5.htm
    Hi lucznik,

Above is Dan's web page and has contact info. I don't know what you mean by make them commercially. Like buying a lot of six???????

Dan makes custom knives and other ornamental iron work. This isn't his full time gig so its not a here is my catalogue pick what you want arrangement. I put down a deposit and waited patiently for my knife. His work is excellent and the knives are meant to be used. A knife like that should go for around $250 to $300 ebony handle amber stone and costume silver work.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.