Thread: 6 Volt Lantern Battery Hack

Unhappy 6 Volt Lantern Battery Hack

My son sent me a little video re 6 volt batteries. Basically, if you pry the top off of a 6 volt lantern battery and snip the wires inside you will have 32 AA cells. Since a 6 volt lantern battery retails for about 5 or 6 bucks, well you figure the savings. I tried to attach the video, but I don't think it worked.

Oops - disregard the above and beat me to death with the club of stupidity.....
    Last edited by Hawgs_Fan; 01-11-2010 at 08:53 PM.

Blog Entries

Cool Hi!

So why don't you head over to the "introduction area & tell us about yourself so we know who we're listening too?
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Actually, that's a fake. There are no batteries inside.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

What the he!! is 6 Volt Lantern Battery "Hack" ?
    Is that a secret back way into the battery... I'm just saying, I'm just asking.
    Yeah, hack your way over to the intro section and say hi.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

I can see we're going to have to drag you kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

Hacking (English verb to hack, singular noun a hack) refers to the re-configuring or re-programming of a system to function in ways not facilitated by the owner, administrator, or designer.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

also to find a clever or innovative solution.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

One new concept at a time, please. He's over heating as it is.

Blog Entries

And that is why I should've been born in the 1750s or actually before so I could tary in the ohio country, use candles people!!!!
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Actually it's spelled that way in the Snopes report, so that tells me it was spelled that way in the video.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Blog Entries

Use Candles People!!!

candles? high tech sorcery!
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.