Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bleeding

Default Bleeding

To control bleeding, elevate the wounded area above the heart and apply pressure using either gauze, or a clean cloth. Use pressure at the pulse point between the injured area and the heart if bleeding fails to stop.

If bleeding still persists, use a tourniquet between the injury and the heart. This method should only be used in extreme situations. After bleeding has been controlled, wash the wounded area with disinfectant and apply a dressing and bandages.

Blog Entries

Cool Oh geeze...

Do you believe this guy? Oh mighty survival guru, thank you for your infinite wisdom & teaching! Do you know any good recipes for "long pig?"
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

And pray do tell, how long ago was this little nugget of info picked up? tourniquets are a last resort when all else fails.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Plagiarized from Wilderness Surival Guide: First Aid and Health

http://www.bcadventure.com/adventure...ival/first.htm
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Do you believe this guy? Oh mighty survival guru, thank you for your infinite wisdom & teaching! Do you know any good recipes for "long pig?"
    Haaaaa Haaaaaa Haaaaa Haaaaaa Haaaaa Haaaaaa Haaaaa Haaaaaa!!!
    Stop it I cant take this anymore. Haaaaa Haaaaaa!!!
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

These threads aren't going to die.....are they?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

no.

to be fair, what else where we gonna do all day? wait, i think i have some work to do...
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Well - we can have fun with the banned Numpty for a bit, but I see all of the threads he started being merged into the Numpty thread before long.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I cant believe I missed this guy when I logged in this morning! He must have just been getting warmed up then. What got him banned? We could have gems like this to laugh at all day long!!

Quote: "use a tourniquet between the injury and the heart"

Do you need a knife to get to this spot?

yes, and extra tourniquets to keep the patient alive while you get to it...
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

After being warned about spamming he made a post with all his web site pages in it and I canned him. Sarge, Crash and I had all warned him but.....

It was a true K.O.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    After being warned about spamming he made a post with all his web site pages in it and I canned him. Sarge, Crash and I had all warned him but.....

It was a true K.O.
    Well, thanks kindly but I wish I had been able to get into the fun!

Well, you still can. Everyone else is.

“It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.” Mark Twain.

that's what i've been doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    “It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.” Mark Twain.
    So...I cant join in??

I posted that for our banned friend but I can see why you might have thought that. Nope. Not to you. I do it all the time so jump on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayos View Post
    To control bleeding, elevate the wounded area above the heart and apply pressure using either gauze, or a clean cloth. Use pressure at the pulse point between the injured area and the heart if bleeding fails to stop.

If bleeding still persists, use a tourniquet between the injury and the heart. This method should only be used in extreme situations. After bleeding has been controlled, wash the wounded area with disinfectant and apply a dressing and bandages.
    I disagree. The first thing should be to find somebody that you are compatible with. Then after a brief courtship......

Oh - BLEEDING. Never mind.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    I disagree. The first thing should be to find somebody that you are compatible with. Then after a brief courtship
    God forbid this Numpty should ever procreate.
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by klkak View Post
    God forbid this Numpty should ever procreate.
    Lol... Haaaa Haaaa!!! Haaaa Haaaa!!! Haaaa Haaaa!!! Haaaa Haaaa!!!
    Come on now, there's a goat out there for everyone.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.