Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What do you carry .22LR ammo in?

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

He is still around, just not here.

I don't think we held him in the high regard he felt for himself so he ambled along, hit a half dozen other forums, got the same response, and finally went to Your Tube exclusively.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4b...xPTEJsPFkURNNQ
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Oh....So now he's a big star and doesn't hang out with the "little people" any more.......
    Guess we should have OOH'ed and AAH'ed more.......
    Oh well.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eastree View Post
    Actually I bought something like that a couple years back. It never came in handy. I didn't like it for pellets (there are 'pellet pens' and narrow drinking straws that suffice for my purposes, and trying to dig a few out from seams isn't so much fun), and I prefer magazines for my ammo (I don't have any single shot firearms). However, it would come in handy for slingshot ammo. Maybe I need to carry a slingshot, too, when I find my pouch. More plinking fun!

They do a pretty good job of holding what's in them. The flaps inside work great for that.
    I can see how the seams would be a problem with airgun pellets. I need to look into straws or something like that. I was also concerned it might spill but that happens with almost all tiny ammo containers. Never liked airgun for hunting only target practice due to more expensive rifle, heavier etc for same range and fire power as .22lr and although it is not easy to buy .22lr I can generally find 200-1000 rounds per week for 4.5-8 cents each. Yesterday there were 300 round boxes of CCI mimi mags at Academy Sports for $24 but I did not buy any (my preferred tiny round) because I already have over 3000 of that type. I was shopping for a scope.

Unlike some people who are picky about what they eat I like small game and have eaten a wide variety of small to tiny animals. Leaving a lot of dead guts and flesh just telegraphs to all predators and other humans where you are and wastes your time. I like to travel light and fast.
    Last edited by TXyakr; 07-01-2015 at 06:20 PM.