Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you carry .22LR ammo in?

Default What do you carry .22LR ammo in?

Specifically your bug out bag. Film cans? Baggies? Original box? Just looking for a waterproof way to cram as many rounds in a container in my BOB. Thought I'd post it here to get some ideas rolling around.
    Regards,

Mountaintrekker
    BEAR CLAN
    "Evolution stops when stupidity is no longer fatal."

I do not store .22 in my BOB. Small Tupperware containers would keep it dry if that is your goal.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Over Taxed Under Paid Swamprat1958's Avatar

For everyday carry I have an old leather holste my Srilva Ranger came in, it holds 3 boxes. In my BOB I carry a plastic box that holds 500 rounds.

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I keep them in the extra space in the end of my gun case, past the end of the barrell. soft case with a strap and proofed with driz-a-bone. not LR, but same idea.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. Helen Keller

My Plants
    My skills
    Eye Candy
    Plant terminology reference!
    Moving pictures

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

For the Single Six I use a leather snuff can carrier (got years ago) with a plastic snuff can. I don't have any idea how many rounds it holds, but enough for me. Ammo cans at home.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole WV Coot View Post
    For the Single Six I use a leather snuff can carrier (got years ago) with a plastic snuff can. I don't have any idea how many rounds it holds, but enough for me. Ammo cans at home.
    Now that's an idea, thanks, man.
    Right now, most are stored in standard box w/masking tape holding them together.
    Got them every where, box here, box there, BOB, gun cases, glove boxes, tackle box, some tool boxes, night stands........
    Carry in magazines for 10/22's, MKIII's, but the snuff can would be good for the Single Six.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

i have a rifle with a 12rnd tube magazine, so i made a couple 'speed loaders' from a damages aluminum arrow shaft. they are permanently plugged at one end, with a compression fitting 'cork' plug at the other.

they fit perfectly in the end of the mag tube, and the .22lr rounds fit perfectly inside them. the only downside is the length, because otherwise, they are only slightly larger in diameter than the ammo.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

I use the zipper style freezer bags (they are thicker than standard) (not the ziplock). A 1 quart bag holds a ton of .22 ammo. Then that goes into one of the large pockets off of an old large Alice pack,
    I know what hunts you.

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

Default Yep

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Now that's an idea, thanks, man.
    Right now, most are stored in standard box w/masking tape holding them together.
    Got them every where, box here, box there, BOB, gun cases, glove boxes, tackle box, some tool boxes, night stands........
    Carry in magazines for 10/22's, MKIII's, but the snuff can would be good for the Single Six.
    I got them scattered everywhere also. I also carry extras for the 10/22 in mags and I keep one marked mag with the mag ammo so I don't get them mixed up. I usually have it loaded when I head out the door anyway. Ammo cans are cheap at flea markets around here.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

Ziploc quality freezer bags for everything.

I have a little shoulder contraption that holds two 50-round 10/22 mags with one regular 10/22 mag and five little pouches for those neat little boxes they come in (two boxes each).
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

Blog Entries

I reckon one of these days I'm gonna have to put together a Bug-Out-Bag so I wont be the only one on this site that don't have one.

Wait a minute.....I don't need no stinking bug out bag. I have a vest with every thing I need .

But seriously, When I head out the door I take what ammo I think I'll need for the days trek. Usually in the box it came in stuffed into my left front pocket.
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

I keep mine in a small Lock & Lock container. Mine will hold a 550 Remington box.

http://www.organize.com/lolofostco.html
    The Pride

Tobacco "dip" can or M&M's candy plastic cylinder shaped case similar to a very long 35mm film can (about 4 1/2" long). Look for it in the candy isle at Walmart, drug store, ect. Both are pretty water tight. Best

Those are pretty good, Glockcop. They come in three different lengths. I carry some EZ Towels (just add water) in one of them. Snap close lid ensures everything will stay inside. PLUS!!! you have to eat the M&Ms to get the container.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    PLUS!!! you have to eat the M&Ms to get the container.
    There's a man, using his head!

Now, if bacon came in better containers.....

...I think I just had another marketing idea!!!
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Blog Entries

I keep my in extra mags in a zip lock bag, stacked inside a small tupperware container.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Quote Originally Posted by canid View Post
    i have a rifle with a 12rnd tube magazine, so i made a couple 'speed loaders' from a damages aluminum arrow shaft. they are permanently plugged at one end, with a compression fitting 'cork' plug at the other.

they fit perfectly in the end of the mag tube, and the .22lr rounds fit perfectly inside them. the only downside is the length, because otherwise, they are only slightly larger in diameter than the ammo.

Awesome idea!!! Now I can do something with the arrows in the back of my closet!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Those are pretty good, Glockcop. They come in three different lengths. I carry some EZ Towels (just add water) in one of them. Snap close lid ensures everything will stay inside. PLUS!!! you have to eat the M&Ms to get the container.
    Rick, you know what they say..."Great minds think alike". Now you just need to find another great mind because mine has fallen off of the grid . Take care, Brother.

I made my own little box out of wood. It has my name on it and inside it has holes to but ammo in.