Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Natural Aspirin

i do have lots of mint growing on my property-good suggestion thanks
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

Your welcome. This is one of my areas, if you read my intro. It is something I learned years ago because of no health insurance, & has become somewhat of a passion.
    Chari

"The past gives us experience and memories; the present gives us challenges and opportunities; the future gives us vision and hope."

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    WOW, that is COOL........"ACID" wow acid.....dude heavy stuff man, wow you be talking Salicylic Acid, acid man, thats heavy....I can dig-it, or should I say I can shovel it. Right-on man, or is it right arm man. Like man don't that Bayer Co. use synthetic salicylic acid, it is like not the same "SH!T" man. But you be cool........You like teach this stuff man..........you cool. You do some heavy "cut and Paste" man.......Peace.
    Bayer has been around before the fda. I believe it was FDR that founded the fda. And. Before that all natural remedies wear fully legal. And common knowledge to everyone. Since then all companies had to find a means to keep the people healthy. Therefore they had to go synthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by amateur survivalist View Post
    Bayer has been around before the fda. I believe it was FDR that founded the fda. And. Before that all natural remedies wear fully legal. And common knowledge to everyone. Since then all companies had to find a means to keep the people healthy. Therefore they had to go synthetics.
    You not likely get a comment for Sourdough....as you can see he was banned some time back.

Haven't really ever tried using willow medically.....and there are all kinds of different willow....but do know that when stripping the back to make a willow back,(kind of a Native American chair back)....fingers got all tingly and I didn't feel well.......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

To prepare aspirin, salicylic acid is reacted with an excess of acetic anhydride or ethanoic anhydride. A small amount of a strong acid is used as a catalyst which speeds up the reaction. The excess acetic acid will be quenched with
    the addition of water. The aspirin product is not very soluble in water so the aspirin product will
    precipitate when water is added. The melting point range of pure aspirin is 138-140 C and the melting point range of the salicylic acid. If impurities are present in your crude sample, the melting point range
    for your product will be lower than the range of pure aspirin. Then compress or place in a gel cap.
    I Dream of a Time when Chickens could Cross Roads and not be Questioned about thier Motives

Seems like an awful lot of work to save $3 for a bottle of 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Seems like an awful lot of work to save $3 for a bottle of 100.
    I agree.....good to know how to make your own though.....just in case the first aid kit gets "gone".

Just a note....the aspirin carried around in your FAK seems to go bad real fast...open the container and the sour smell will hit you.
    Prepackaged singles seem to last a lot longer.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27