Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Helping Forum Members

I knew that. I did! I knew that!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I knew that you did, and that your post was just a public service announcement.

See that folks. He's always looking out for us.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Uh....yeah. That's right. Good of the forum and all.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned

Ok I offer these one more time before they go toSalvation Army or MOPH

OK.... I have a pair of almost new Cabelas flannel lined Jeans in waist - 48 (they seem larger to me) x 30" inseam. I lost a ton of weight and swim in them now, so they go to a good home that needs a warm pair of jeans. Free of charge to the USA all 50, I pay the postage. If in another country, please pay postage to you. They have been washed and ready to wear. WARNING: they are really warm, dang near a furnace on their own...perfect for a tree stand or long term standing in the icey woods.

Please send me in a PM your name and address and in a POST send an I'll take them (to serve as a time stamp), IN THIS THREAD.........first come, first served....there will be NO whinning or moaning about missing the opportunity.......

I will have a lot more stuff for shipping or for local pick up.....give me a week or so...

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

A very generous offer. I'd probably just turn them into knife handles though.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Mil-Dot Firearms Academy Kosuki's Avatar

Not a bad idea. I make alot of Paracord bracelets(real 7 strand 3 ply). I guess I could donate some. What would be best is to have one person we send everything to. Maybe someone with a huge barn, basement, someone who could store stuff. Then people go to him/her for the items they need and cant afford that are donated.

Well to expand on the helping each other out thing, what if we allow fellow members that are travelling to camp out in our yards in case they cant afford, or don't want to rent motels, or maybe pull a motorhome or travel trailer in for the night. Now, I wouldn't let a person camp in my yard unless thay were an old member that I at least know and have a level of trust with, but there are already several people here that I would gladly extend that invitation to, even Rick as long as the hong stays out of sight
    But honestly, Crash, Sarge, Hunter, Rick, Kyrat, would all be welcome here if they needed a safe place to pull in and layover for a night or 2. I am not showing partiality but they are the ones I know well enough to feel comfortable with. Everybody on this forum will eventually build trust for certain people, so you never know, it could work....................couldn't it?
    Whadya think gang?

Mil-Dot Firearms Academy Kosuki's Avatar

The Wildthang rest stop? lol I like the idea... Will there be gas pumps?

Quote Originally Posted by Kosuki View Post
    The Wildthang rest stop? lol I like the idea... Will there be gas pumps?
    Hey now, let's not get carried away this early in the game

If anyone is in Colorado PM me and I'll see if I can help you out with a few things or some weekend training in the montains.

I understand that this is an old thread, but it's pinned and worth the revive. If anyone is in financial straits, I do have some basic gear I can part with. I have a few basic cheap knives, flashlights, bandanas, fishing lures, a few athletic water bottles, that could go to a new home. The gear isn't valuable, more like a collective bunch of odds and ends, but it sits around and someone else could use it. Send me your information via PM.

My father told me that when you give to someone, then god would give it back to you in a different way. I'm always happy to help.
    Last edited by Adventure Wolf; 11-23-2014 at 12:45 AM.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

If any REGULAR member*of the forum ever visits the interior of Alaska, I make a good tour guide.

*Does not apply to idjits who want to run off to the wilderness.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

What if I don't want to run off to the wilderness but I'm just an idjit?

She'll guide you into the wilderness. Getting back.....well.....that might be a challenge.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    What if I don't want to run off to the wilderness but I'm just an idjit?
    Then you're in the right place.

I will be watching what people need and will gladly take part in this goodwill mission. I will be glad to share and ship needed items I have.
    Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stimestar View Post
    If any REGULAR member*of the forum ever visits the interior of Alaska, I make a good tour guide.

*Does not apply to idjits who want to run off to the wilderness.
    If any of the forum members want to go hunting or fishing around Falls Lake near Raleigh, I will gladly be their guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    Well to expand on the helping each other out thing, what if we allow fellow members that are travelling to camp out in our yards in case they cant afford, or don't want to rent motels, or maybe pull a motorhome or travel trailer in for the night. Now, I wouldn't let a person camp in my yard unless thay were an old member that I at least know and have a level of trust with, but there are already several people here that I would gladly extend that invitation to, even Rick as long as the hong stays out of sight
    But honestly, Crash, Sarge, Hunter, Rick, Kyrat, would all be welcome here if they needed a safe place to pull in and layover for a night or 2. I am not showing partiality but they are the ones I know well enough to feel comfortable with. Everybody on this forum will eventually build trust for certain people, so you never know, it could work....................couldn't it?
    Whadya think gang?
    Looks like an enjoyable HONG night!
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

Well. I have been inviting people over to Malaysia since day one I joined this forum...yet to see any takers.....Y'all still welcome !
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

great section.i'll definitely be watching it.

edit..i have a walker with hand bakes,a seat,and a wire basket that use to belong to my mom,if anyone needs it for themself a family member relative friend or who ever.
    Last edited by jimLE; 03-18-2019 at 10:40 AM.
    Preparation through education is less costly than learning through tragedy.