Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Helping Forum Members

Default Helping Forum Members

A lot of recent posts got me thinking (I know, I know - dangerous on a good day). Anyway - We're all going through some tougher economic times right now. Some have been hit a little harder than others. I was thinking - if you have something extra laying around - something you don't use any more that maybe somebody could use, then post it here in this thread. Anybody that could use it to help them out could send a PM and work out the exchange. I don't mean selling stuff, but rather giving it to somebody that needs it and can't afford it right now. Gotta be good for your Karma right? Thoughts?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I think it's a great idea. I donate items to charities all the time. It would be nice to see items go to someone I know so they can use it. Good idea!!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

This is a great idea! It should be ok to post what you need also, right?
    Last edited by Camp10; 01-09-2010 at 09:33 AM.

Blog Entries

Fantastic idea! But I doubt I'll be able to participate. Good luck with the idea anyway.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Blog Entries

Cool What????

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Fantastic idea! But I doubt I'll be able to participate. Good luck with the idea anyway.
    Dang! & I was going to post that I could use some Scones!

Anyway, I like the idea, even though I don't believe in "Karma" I do believe in compassion! This is like the "Freecycle" thing going on right now across the country. I'll see what I might be able to find for the needy.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Oh I could always rustle up some Scones for you, Sarge, don't think they travel well though.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Ditto what Winnie said! I hope it works out well!!!

Sure you could, Winnie. We have other folks on here from the UK and surrounding countries.

You should be able to post if you are looking for something. If you need deer antler for scales or handles, for example, post away.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Sure you could, Winnie. We have other folks on here from the UK and surrounding countries.

You should be able to post if you are looking for something. If you need deer antler for scales or handles, for example, post away.
    Rick you just gave me an idea with your post. If anyone has any tips of antlers left after making scales I could use one or two for knapping arrowheads. Probably about 4"-5" tips is what I would be needing I think. I know you can use Copper wire and such,but the antler also can be used for burnishing leather and such.

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think it's a great idea. My resources are kinda tapped right now, but I got lots of animal goodies if they'll help anybody out. Poco, I'll see if I have any horns that would be suitable and I'll pm you. I have a couple that I use myself, but I have a couple others I haven't done anything with. Mostly spikes and such that the hunters weren't proud enough of so I got everything but the meat
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. Helen Keller

My Plants
    My skills
    Eye Candy
    Plant terminology reference!
    Moving pictures

I've moved the thread and made it a Sticky. So, if you have something you don't need that somebody might be able to use - be it children's clothing, a blanket, sleeping bag, cook ware, whatever - post it. Those that could use it but might not be able to afford it can ask for it. Ask via PM if you'd like. If you could use something, but might not be able to afford it, feel free to ask. Please don't be embarrassed. We're all friends (well, most of us) and sometimes we need a little help or can give a little help.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmm.....

Very good, Crash. Also, if somebody needs something but feels a bit to embarassed to ask the whole group, PM me, or, if'n they don't mind, one of the other mods. We'll post your request without your name & hook you up, if possible, with the right person via PM.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Good idea Sarge. Thanks.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Absolutely!! Great idea, Sarge. There is no shame because you've hit a stretch of bad luck. We've all been down that road. I'd be happy to help.

Blog Entries

Cool Aww shucks!

Thanks guys. So when &/or how do I get "double testes" on the rep boxes?
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

You have it?!

WOW!! Talk about growing a pair!!!

Next time you post you should have em hanging.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Looks like you gotta pair to me Sarge!
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Oh they were hanging before you even posted Crash!! LOL See my post above yours!