Knife Nutz

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. pgvoutdoors
    pgvoutdoors
    I've posted a few pictures of knives I use on a regular basis. All good quality and for the most part pretty common. I buy knives and tools mostly to be used but not many for collecting purposes. I don't have as many as I use to; a couple a years ago I had many knives stolen along with other equipment. But now and then I'll see something I like and pick it up. I've been studying knife making and would like to get into that some day soon.
  2. tonester
    tonester
    very nice blades pgv. is the big black knife a ranger RD-7 or 9? looks like one just not sure. thanks for the pics!
  3. chiye tanka
    chiye tanka
    PGV, great pics, used to have one of those Gerber Parabelums. Mine didn't change blades though.
    I'm still working on my pics, it's taking longer then I thought.
  4. Blood Groove
    Blood Groove
    Is the knife that looks like a Ka-ar really a Ka-bar, or is it one of those Ontario marine knives that looks just like a Ka-bar. I've seen them in Gander Mountain.
  5. pgvoutdoors
    pgvoutdoors
    The large black Knife is a Ontario Knife "RTAK"
    http://www.survivalsheath.com/knives/index.htm
  6. pgvoutdoors
    pgvoutdoors
    The Ka-Bar style knife is actually made by Camillus. I carried it for a few years while in the USMC.
  7. Blood Groove
    Blood Groove
    Ahh yes I remember now that Camillus made a knife that looked likethe Ka-bar. So you used those knifes in the Marines?! Wow, did they let you use the knives you wanted?
  8. Blood Groove
    Blood Groove
    Pgvoutdoors how did that Hornby survival knife work for you while in the marines? I've heard kind of negative things about hollow handle survival knives but never gotten a chance to talk to someone who used one. So how was it?
  9. chiye tanka
    chiye tanka
    Ok, that's the crappy pics of my CS collection.
  10. pgvoutdoors
    pgvoutdoors
    The Hornby is a great knife. It's heavy, 1/4 inch thick at it's thickest. The stainless steel held a sharp edge plus it chopped like a hatchet. No sign of weakness at the handle. That knife would crush many other knives!
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast