WSF Knifemakers

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Camp10
    Camp10
    Thanks for the info welderguy! I havnt been through it very far yet but I will sit down with it soon.
  2. COWBOYSURVIVAL
    COWBOYSURVIVAL
    Anyone have any file work tutorials or pdf's or even pics? I wanna try it.
  3. panch0
    panch0
  4. COWBOYSURVIVAL
    COWBOYSURVIVAL
    Thanks Poncho! That is exactly what I was after. Now i need a round bastard! Or maybe i am good enough with my grinder!
  5. COWBOYSURVIVAL
    COWBOYSURVIVAL
    YCC, Any tips on an inlayed gator hide sheath? I'll be using cowhide for durability but would like to inlay some gatorhide?
  6. panch0
    panch0
    I have a 3/4" contact wheel attachment on my grinder that I used on a damascus knife and it worked great. The spine was close to 3/16" thick. I don't think I would try it on a 1/8" thick blade though.
  7. Camp10
    Camp10
    Pancho, you use the contact wheel for doing file work? I'm trying to make a rig for my 1/2" wheel to cut fullers in a blade but it isnt working yet. Have you tried to cut fullers yet? If so, how?
  8. panch0
    panch0
    What is a fuller? Is it the finger choil? I just mark the spine and touch the belt at a 45 degree angle. The use the tri angle file for the sharp points in the vine. The go back to the grinder and slowly round off the edges. I will post pics of the one I did with my grinder. I also have a variu speed control on my grinder so it helps with control.
  9. Camp10
    Camp10
    A fuller is another name for a blood groove. I've never thought to use the grinder for file work...I will have to try this.
  10. your_comforting_company
    your_comforting_company
    went to the blacksmith show this weekend and wanted to share the pics with you guys. To my knowledge photobucket is safe again so rather than post all those pics here, I'll just link you guys to my album. I asked a lot of questions so if you guys have any questions, MAYBE I can answer them. I don't know much about steels or smithing, etc. so I probably didn't ask the right questions, but I tried lol.
    http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/g...ksmith%20Show/
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast