View RSS Feed

Sarge47

Review of the “RANGER RICK DIGEST;” vols. I-IX.

Rate this Entry
CHAPTER 2: THE BAD
There is a “flip side to all of this and here it is:
1.) The books have been made small enough to fit inside a BDU cargo pocket, and therefore have been printed with a fairly small font. I had to use a magnifying glass to read most of it, and when some things were reprinted in the digests, like newspaper articles, for example, even that didn’t help.
2.) The material is not organized, but is placed in the books in random order. As more digests were printed, more material was often included that added to previous articles. Again, even a Table of Contents would have helped
3.) In one of the books he recommends the Victorinox “Swiss Champ,” which is a pretty awkward knife for someone to hold in their hand. The late Ron Hood, also an Army veteran, discourages it’s use.

There is ALSO a lot of “dissing of officers” throughout these digests with jokes, put-downs, and even profanity, yet A.R.R. seems to continue to encourage young people to enlist in the military!

Submit "Review of the “RANGER RICK DIGEST;” vols. I-IX." to Digg Submit "Review of the “RANGER RICK DIGEST;” vols. I-IX." to del.icio.us Submit "Review of the “RANGER RICK DIGEST;” vols. I-IX." to StumbleUpon Submit "Review of the “RANGER RICK DIGEST;” vols. I-IX." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments