View RSS Feed

Beo

My Bug Out bag...

Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average.
This has been a hot topic here for a while and if one should or should'nt have one or really need one, but in the end I think something is needed not for just a BOB but in case something just happens cause ya never know.
So this past weekend I made my first Bug Out Bag here are my contents. The suggested contents of a BOB vary and I think each person knows what he or she wants and can add or delete items as they adjust to their needs, this is kept in the back of my SUV in an old large A.L.I.C.E. Pak or Ruckscak.

Enough food and water to last for seventy two hours. This includes:
4 litres (1 gallon) of water per person per day, for washing, drinking and cooking.
spoil-free food. Can foods duh.
water purification supplies.
cooking supplies.
cutlery and cups/dishes.
A first aid kit.
A disaster plan including location of emergency centers, rallying points, possible evacuation routes etc.
Professional emergency literature explaining what to do in various types of disaster, studied and understood before the actual disaster but kept for reference. (Mainly for the wife as she wants these.)
Maps
Standard camping equipment, including sanitation supplies.
Clothes and bedding. (Tent and such)
Enough medicine to last an extended evacuation period if, for example, one's home were destroyed.
Radio.
Lighting: battery operated flashlight(2), 6 Chemlites or glow sticks.
Crowbar.
Cash, as electronic banking transactions may not be available during the initial period following an emergency or evacuation or any situation.
My primitive survival gear gets chucked in as well if I need to Bug Out, never really thought of having one just thought it might be nice to have in the event something ever happened. One never knows when they might get stranded in their car or whatnot.
This is only my gear, hope you like and maybe it'll help you prepare for what you might want to carry.
Beo,

Submit "My Bug Out bag..." to Digg Submit "My Bug Out bag..." to del.icio.us Submit "My Bug Out bag..." to StumbleUpon Submit "My Bug Out bag..." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments