View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. Making a Gourd Canteen or Water Bottle

I use a gourd canteen and my son uses a gourd water bottle when out trekking, we make our own so I thought I'd share how I make them for us and friends.
    The type of gourds that were most used for lasting containers were of the type Lagenaria whose white blossoms open towards evening and grow on aggressive vines. They require a long growing season to mature and are extremely cold sensitive. They are mostly light green with sometimes some white mottling, never brightly colored. They have a woody ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Survival Story #1.

If you want Survival Stories; here's one.

Exclamation The shocking reality!
    Here's the skinny, boys and girls, until you're literally faced with a life or death situation, no one knows for sure what they're gonna do! It's easy to sit inside the safety & comfort of our homes and hit the keys on our computer writing all these words down, or even go out into the woods on our own little solo trips & come home okay...but no one really believes that really bad things can ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Tempering Steel

Tempering steel for your flintlock
    By Beowulf65

Many of us will eventually make parts for our flinters which require hardening. This presentation is an attempt to help people understand what they are doing and how to accomplish it. A more complete explanation can be found in Machinery's Handbook in its many editions.
    Tempering refers to heating steel above a critical temperature, then cooling it rapidly to freeze it in a very hard state followed by rewarming it to an intermediate
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Proper Pelt Care

Check it out babypops, you went to all the trouble of preparing your traps and then trapping your furbearing animal, and now what. Here are a few things I do and the way I do it.
    Proper Pelt Care
    REMOVAL FROM TRAPS
    Care should be taken when removing animals from traps especially if they are frozen. Simply prying an animal out of a trap may remove portions of fur and damage pelts. If furbearers are completely frozen in traps, it would be wise to take the furbearer still in the trap ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. My Response to Army Ranger Rick.

A response to "Army Ranger Rick!"
    To those of you that don't know, our "good old boy" member Army Ranger Rick has decided to "diss" forums like this, it's members, and mods on his website. I was going to reprint it but it was too long, possibly under copyright, & I don't want to give him another platform to vent his spleen, of void his bowels, whatever. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast