View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. Tempering Steel

Tempering steel for your flintlock
    By Beowulf65

Many of us will eventually make parts for our flinters which require hardening. This presentation is an attempt to help people understand what they are doing and how to accomplish it. A more complete explanation can be found in Machinery's Handbook in its many editions.
    Tempering refers to heating steel above a critical temperature, then cooling it rapidly to freeze it in a very hard state followed by rewarming it to an intermediate
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Proper Pelt Care

Check it out babypops, you went to all the trouble of preparing your traps and then trapping your furbearing animal, and now what. Here are a few things I do and the way I do it.
    Proper Pelt Care
    REMOVAL FROM TRAPS
    Care should be taken when removing animals from traps especially if they are frozen. Simply prying an animal out of a trap may remove portions of fur and damage pelts. If furbearers are completely frozen in traps, it would be wise to take the furbearer still in the trap ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. My Response to Army Ranger Rick.

A response to "Army Ranger Rick!"
    To those of you that don't know, our "good old boy" member Army Ranger Rick has decided to "diss" forums like this, it's members, and mods on his website. I was going to reprint it but it was too long, possibly under copyright, & I don't want to give him another platform to vent his spleen, of void his bowels, whatever. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Preparing Traps For Use

Preparing traps is also very important so here's what I do. Others don't use this method but I sell my furs in Friendship Indiana so I take these steps, it helps me hope it helps you.
    Step #1 Cleaning
    The first thing that needs to be done to all your traps is for them to be cleaned . Whether the traps are new or used they need to be cleaned properly before dyeing and waxing.
    Cleaning is accomplished by boiling the traps in water with baking soda. Or for those real nasty traps, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Group dynamics

The following are not solely my thoughts, but an amalgam of information gathered through education and research. I posted this once in the regular forum during a debate with a former member. This is also my first ever blog. Group dynamics play a bigger role in survival then many give it credit for. Group dynamics is also vital to the survival of this forum.

Group dynamics is the study of groups, and also a general term for group processes. Relevant to the fields of psychology, sociology, ...

Updated 02-02-2011 at 11:04 PM by klkak

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast