View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. Knife Sharpening

Alot of people talk on sharpening knives, I do too. So how do you sharpen a knife? Well this is how I do it. A well sharpened knife can give you and edge in the wilderness.

"Note: All the following were gleaned from the bible of knife sharpening called "The Razor Edge Book of Sharpening" by John Juranitch published by Warner Books. This book is great to have in your library and I love mine.
    • The specific angle is not as important as keeping a constant angle.
    • When

Updated 08-11-2008 at 08:54 AM by Beo

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Parallel worlds Modern America/Native America

Beyond a Shadow of a doubt Native Americans were/are the best survivalists this Nation has ever seen. I'm not saying that other cultures/countries did not have the equal to them in their respective places. Just that they were the best here in our country. Even Mountain Men learned from them and shared with other mountain Men.
    As a child I dreamed of Indians. I wanted the Cowboys to lose so that their lifestyle could continue. Of course that was TV and everything had already passed on into ...

Updated 08-11-2009 at 12:05 AM by pocomoonskyeyes (spelling correction)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Dakota Fire Pit

Fire is one of the first survival tools one needs in a survival situation, a good fire helps to cook food, create warmth, and can save your life. Here is what a found on the Dakota Fire Pit.
    A little known survival aid related to wilderness fire making skills is the Dakota Fire Hole, also known as the Dakota Fire Pit. This handy device is easy to construct and has marked advantages over other types of camp fire constructs. Once you make a Dakota fire hole and try it out, you may choose to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Barrel Browning Your Flintlock

Barrel Browning your Flintlock or other guns
    By Beowulf65

Alot of ya wanna know how I browned the barrel of my flintlock (guess ya saw the pics on here) so here's a good method.
    First thing, buy a bottle of Laurel Mountain Forge Browning Solution. I have had good luck with it. You can order from Dixie Gun Works or Track of the Wolf or any number of other gun shops. The second thing is to draw file and sand the barrel to the desired finish. You only need to draw file if ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Proenneke vs. McCandless, an observation.

With all the "Bear vs. Les" stuff we had on the site I couldn't help noticing the stories of these two men who followed their dream to live in the wilds of the Alaskan Wilderness. Both Chris McCandless (CM) & Dick Proenneke (DP) set out to actually live their dream, only one made it. The following are my observations and opinions only based on what I've seen & read.

1st, DP, was a realist while CM was a romantic dreamer. DP faced the actual reality of what ...

Updated 04-25-2008 at 11:27 PM by Sarge47 (Corrected spelling.)

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast