View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Learning the Basics II: Hiking: Part 3.

Let's look for a moment at equipment for a simple fair weather day hike. In Scouting a newcomer to the troop is called a "Tenderfoot." That term dates back to the frontier days and refers to someone completely new to the wild outdoors at that time. If you are new to all of this, then you are a "Tenderfoot," and hopefully not a "Numpty." A "Numpty" is someone who refuses to learn, thinking they already know everything about the outdoors, survival, rocket ...

Updated 01-03-2012 at 01:26 PM by Sarge47

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Learning the Basics II: Hiking: Part 2.

(Caveat: The following list & information is geared towards traveling on foot in the mid-West during the warm months of the year.)

Even a simple day hike requires much preparation. Rule #1, never leave home without ALL of the equipment, knowledge, and clothing that you will require; remember, this isn't some "half-azzed" game or the latest "extreme sport!" Survival is "Life or Death!" Even a simple day hike can turn deadly if you don't take the proper ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Learning the Basics II: Hiking: Part 1.

I started posting this on a thread on the forum page, however it quickly went way beyond what my original intent, which was to encourage those new to the outdoors to get out & learn to enjoy and love it! So I've deleted the thread & am starting several series of blogs here on Hiking, Camping, & fishing; starting with Hiking. The following post was my 1st post on that thread, more will follow.

Updated 06-10-2011 at 11:25 PM by Sarge47

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. On the Edge - A Glance At WW3's Beginnings

Anyone recall the history surrounding the change in our global economies, cultures, and the events leading up to WWII? Better yet - think about this - in many ways - WWI itself set things in motion that led to the second World War.....

Fast Forward. Today we've been engaging in the Middle East directly for how long? Stage is set, conditions are changing, stability is changing across the region.

Ready for this? Just a few thoughts....

Here's my slightly ...
    Tags: iran, wwiii
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Group dynamics

The following are not solely my thoughts, but an amalgam of information gathered through education and research. I posted this once in the regular forum during a debate with a former member. This is also my first ever blog. Group dynamics play a bigger role in survival then many give it credit for. Group dynamics is also vital to the survival of this forum.

Group dynamics is the study of groups, and also a general term for group processes. Relevant to the fields of psychology, sociology, ...

Updated 02-02-2011 at 11:04 PM by klkak

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast