View RSS Feed

Sarge47

Sarge's "Survival Kit."

Rate this Entry
Okay, this is not going to impress some of you, but that's the way it is. My idea of a "Survival Kit" is an overall. comprehensive system that starts at the top of your head & ends at the soles of your feet. Here's what I'm talking about:

You consist of 3 elements: Body, Mind, & Spirit! Let's start with these 3 elements!

YOUR SPIRIT: is "the will to live." Also called "the instinct of self-preservation;" without this you die! It's that simple. You MUST have it to survive!

YOUR HEAD: is the "mental" arena where you store memories & knowledge. You fill it with what you read & watch, then you apply that knowledge with experience by actually learning how to do it thus creating memories. (It's the main reason I think learning 1st Aid is so important.) Take Fire-starting, for example. You can learn 8 different ways to start a fire, but if you don't actually practice those things, when the time comes you stand a very good chance of failing. The same about constructing a shelter. 1st, you need to do it; 2nd, you need to be sure you did everything right. Now look at your "survival gear;" if you haven't ever practiced with it so that you know how to use it you're going to be in trouble!

YOUR BODY is what keeps you going, It needs to be able to function properly in order for you to stay alive. Proper clothing is very important. Learning to layer that clothing is also essential. The clothing you wear is more important than the knife you carry. Lose your knife, you can make another, lose your clothing & see what happens. This is the general outline of my "kit." Hope it helps!

SARGE47.

Submit "Sarge's "Survival Kit."" to Digg Submit "Sarge's "Survival Kit."" to del.icio.us Submit "Sarge's "Survival Kit."" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sarge's "Survival Kit."" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments