View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Dakota Fire Pit

Fire is one of the first survival tools one needs in a survival situation, a good fire helps to cook food, create warmth, and can save your life. Here is what a found on the Dakota Fire Pit.
    A little known survival aid related to wilderness fire making skills is the Dakota Fire Hole, also known as the Dakota Fire Pit. This handy device is easy to construct and has marked advantages over other types of camp fire constructs. Once you make a Dakota fire hole and try it out, you may choose to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Survival Story #2.

Here's the 2nd one.

Before I get suspected of only being negative here I want to quote Mr. Fears from the same book I did earlier to show you something positive, if you can call it that!
    WILL TO LIVE: "the following story is true. Granted, it is brutal and not even typical of emergency survival situations, but it shows man can survive far more than most of us would expect-if he is determined to live.

"During the week before Christmas, Timothy Moore, ...

Updated 06-10-2008 at 10:15 PM by Sarge47 (oops.)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Survival Story #1.

If you want Survival Stories; here's one.

Exclamation The shocking reality!
    Here's the skinny, boys and girls, until you're literally faced with a life or death situation, no one knows for sure what they're gonna do! It's easy to sit inside the safety & comfort of our homes and hit the keys on our computer writing all these words down, or even go out into the woods on our own little solo trips & come home okay...but no one really believes that really bad things can ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The way of the Scout!

This is the 1st post I posted in the thread of the same name. Just thought it should be where everybody could access it.

"I've made it no secret how I feel about the role Boy Scouts have played in learning so much about the outdoors. That's the key to Outdoors Survival; not to "Survive" in the outdoors, but to "THRIVE" in the outdoors. Yes, crap can still happen, but a good outdoors-person is ready for just about anything that comes their way. I want to share ...

Updated 04-25-2008 at 11:46 PM by Sarge47 (Deleted unessasary line.)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Pop Quiz! pt #2.

Okay, I just realized that something may not be included in the Forum posts so I'll post something I've been saving for the WIKI:

SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT

I. The Survival Knife.

The 1St thing that every “Survival Enthusiast” needs to understand that there is no “One” knife that fits everybody. We’re all different; our hands fit most comfortably around a certain thickness of handle, for example and we all ...

Updated 11-19-2009 at 11:06 PM by Sarge47 (Dementia.)

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast