View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Saplings

Saplings, they just jump right up out of nowhere. We all know, we’ve all been cheated once, twice or if you are like me, many times by the little stick. We won’t talk about the 3D shoots where my old friend Allan, right before I shoot says, “now don’t you hit that sapling.” I laugh as the sapling is about 2 feet away from the target, Fwap! Yup, hit the sapling.

My first struggle with a sapling happened many years ago during my first venture to Paradise with Leon. It was a cold ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Lost Treasures

Lost treasures. We’ve all had them. There was that bow that you traded away; it shot very well but a “better” bow came along or maybe you needed more room in the den. So you sold it, only to regret it years later.

There are those bows that you keep as wall hangers because they have a special meaning, like the first self bow you made or the bow that was given to you by that Old Fart bow hunter you so highly respect. Then there are those that you wanted to keep, but for some awful ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Corvus Egor III

When I was a kid, 9th grade, I got a baby crow. Three had fallen out of the nest, I took one, Drew took one, and Vance took one.

As soon as I got "Corvus Egor III" (the III just sounded good), I promtly started him on wet catfood. I never caged him and used a perch and leather thongs to keep him put. I fed him and cleaned up crap for a month until his wings started to fill out.

I then would take him into the backyard and while holding his legs, raise him up ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Survival Garden

Survival Garden
    I don't actually do survival gardening but have a garden about 75x75 foot space, it works for us and I don't buy much in the way produce but for our off-the-gridders this what I see as a good to survive using a garden. I may be wrong, WildWoman, WarEagle, BraggSurvivor and others may know better than me. Sijohn a good friend of mine explained this as his way (not mine) and I try to do it here at home even though I have the luxary of going to the store. It has been said that ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Survival Garden Continued

Here are what I call the survival garden crops, and my ways of doing it, everyone who gardens grows some things just because they enjoy the taste. This is great, and we all do it. But in hard-core homesteading such as what my friend Sijohn does, he must consider his basic needs, as well.
    He needs to grow enough grain and corn for himself and his livestock. This can be done by hand, in a relatively small plot, provided that his poultry and livestock needs are small. If you need more grain, ...

Updated 06-11-2008 at 03:27 PM by Beo

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast