View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Learning the basics; (continued.)

THE BOOK: (Note, the 1984 Fieldbook is pictured at the bottom of this blog page, far left book.)

In 1984, if you were a Boy Scout, or even a leader, you would, more than likely, carry a copy of this book in your pack. It covers everything you need to know: While I'll be only going through the chapter on “Survival,” the following is the table of contents so you can see all of the important topics that are covered. Any notations that I’ve added are in red. ...

Updated 06-19-2011 at 08:26 PM by Sarge47

Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Group 6 046.jpg 
Views:	902 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	6715  
  2. Learning the basics.

THE WAY OF THE SCOUT
    By Sarge47

INTRODUCTION

I wrote this with a particular type of person in mind. I didn’t write it for the experienced outdoors folks who already know way more than what I’m writing here. They have their knowledge that they’ve gained in their own paths that they’ve walked.

I didn’t write it for the Numpties who already believe that they know everything since they’ve watched all of the reality shows, read ...

Updated 12-31-2010 at 12:17 AM by Sarge47

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Hunting.

I hunt. But not anything. I hunt animals that I can eat, and I do eat everything I hunt. I respect the animal that I hunt. I do not hunt just for fun. I hunt to keep my skills sharp and my connection with the nature true. I hunt to learn about the animals I hunt and the places I hunt in. I hunt to be able to hunt if needed.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Skill

I believe in skill. Skill is an extension of knowledge. To have a skill you need to know how to achieve a certain goal. You also have to train your body to complete the tasks needed for achieving that goal. Once your mind and body are in harmony when you work to achieve that goal, you have a skill. When making a knife blade you might know where to strike with the hammer, but your muscles and nervous system might not be able to deliver the strike with the precision needed. In this case you don't ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. My Response to Army Ranger Rick.

A response to "Army Ranger Rick!"
    To those of you that don't know, our "good old boy" member Army Ranger Rick has decided to "diss" forums like this, it's members, and mods on his website. I was going to reprint it but it was too long, possibly under copyright, & I don't want to give him another platform to vent his spleen, of void his bowels, whatever. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast