View RSS Feed

Sarge47

Review of the “RANGER RICK DIGEST;” vols. I-IX.

Rate this Entry
Summary:
I would like to see this material up-dated for relevancy to the current military, organized, and printed in a more “reader-friendly” font. If anyone is interested in purchasing these digests, the good news is that US Calvary has knocked the price down from $5.50 per digest to $.88 each! I visited A.R.R.’s Survival website and was amused to see that, like me, he doesn’t think that much of the Ritter survival kits and goes on to explain why: http://www.survivaloutdoorskills.com..._kits_tips.htm
Then he promotes his “SOS” line of survival kits. IMHO, I call them a line of “POS” survival kits. They include the stupid wire saw, the top of a bic lighter, that will not work when wet, and many other teeny, tiny things. I advise any reading this who’s considering getting a survival kit, to make their own, using quality components; that’s what every Survival author worth their salt recommends!

The final note to the digests is that I rate them 7 stars. There is a lot of useful info there. Why not 10? It loses a star for the font. It loses one for the lack of organization, and loses one for the personal garbage that A.R.R. drug into them. Take care and happy trails!

Submit "Review of the “RANGER RICK DIGEST;” vols. I-IX." to Digg Submit "Review of the “RANGER RICK DIGEST;” vols. I-IX." to del.icio.us Submit "Review of the “RANGER RICK DIGEST;” vols. I-IX." to StumbleUpon Submit "Review of the “RANGER RICK DIGEST;” vols. I-IX." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

His drawings are awful. That's why the books now cost 88 cents!