View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Strategy for Hunting Boars

Prehunt preparations can make a hunting spot better or it can ruin a hunt, it all depends on what the hunter's intentions are. There are several kinds of hunts a hunter will be preparing for. Long Term Hunting, Short Term Hunting and Quick Hunts or all types of hunting conditions that hunters may be faced with. Preparing for each one will be vastly different. The preparation for Long Term Hunting would involve lots of activities such as sawing limbs or small trees and cutting grass with a weed eater ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Boar Hunting At Night... ohhh Spooky

Heading out to the stand for a long hunt at night will require some thought too. There are methods and things to know that can make the hunt easier and more successful. Remember to bring some extra corn with diesel on it. This corn should be spread out, not piled, in any visible areas from your the stand. This can really help because when hogs get up and start moving at night it's usually at a steady fast walk. Keep in mind that not every hog walking by the stand knows about the baited area that ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Bear Calling & Hunting

I've only been bear hunting one time in my life, not using bait but by calling in bear country, this is how I understand Bear Calling is done. Remember this just how the guy (good friend) taught me and others may do it different.
    Calling and Hunting Bear
    While there are calls designed exclusively for bears, one can attract bears using common predator calls. The key to calling bears is to call non-stop until the animal is within firing range. When you stop calling, the bear will stop ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Whitetail Fever

While some on here are not Big Buck Hunters or Trophy Hunters, if a Large Doe and Big Buck came into range when hunting, 95% would take the big buck. Here's my take on deer hunting either sex.
    I have been hunting big game, mostly deer, for over twenty years and I am still surprised by the lack of preparation most hunters take before the season starts. Most of my buddies simply throw some gear in the back of a truck on opening day and head for the woods. By the way, most of my friends are not ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Whitetail Fever Continued

Once you have done your work at home and in the field, you can decide what type of hunting technique you want to use. Some folks like to sit and wait, others prefer to stalk, and many more prefer a tree stand. Me, I prefer a tree stand with my compound bow or shotgun for a number of reasons. But stalk with my longbow and flintlock. I rarely sit very still and I suspect most hunters are the same way, so sitting at ground level is not a good option for me. I have discovered that I make too much noise ...

Updated 03-03-2008 at 03:16 PM by Beo

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast