View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Field Dressing

I probably should have posted this part first, but oh well. I have come across a few field dressed deer that looked to me like had a lot of extra work in them. I wanted to post up a slightly simpler way that is equally effective and will get you back out on the road so you can get your meat home quicker.

Field Dressing 101
    If it is going to take a while to get your deer home, most people prefer to gut the deer in the field. I personally dont gut them where I kill them, because ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Proper skinning using "fisting"

Brought this over to the blogs as suggested by my buddy Beowulf.

I rode with my uncle on saturday to the game processor to drop off his quarters. While I was there, I mentioned that we had spoken before about getting "good hides" and that I'd pay for good ones If he'd save them out for me...
    Well, he had a wheelbarrow full and brought out 6 good sized ones. I saw a lot of meat and a few knife marks right off, but said 'what the heck'. If these were your deer, you'd ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. semi-sleep

I don't know what blogs are for so I'll just rant.
    It came up in a discussion on the forums a while back about how we go through life asleep, unaware of the world around us. This is true. I believe some people are more awake than others and some I think move through life in a state of semi-sleep. The ones who are asleep are very self centered and detached. They think they are the only one that is important and are oblivious to the web of life around them. Selfish.
    Others, like the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Are You The Sheep Or The Wolf?

Survival is a personal choice. A choice that should not be taken lightly. In the event of a disaster, whether man made or natural. You have to decide one of three choices. 1- Depend on the government to help you. 2- Be a sheep and roll yourself into a fetal position or 3- Be the wolf and survive..period. Me personally I choose to take care of myself and loved ones. Having a poor plan or in the process of buiding one is better than no plan at all. I build a little each week on mine and hope to God ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Parallel worlds Modern America/Native America

Beyond a Shadow of a doubt Native Americans were/are the best survivalists this Nation has ever seen. I'm not saying that other cultures/countries did not have the equal to them in their respective places. Just that they were the best here in our country. Even Mountain Men learned from them and shared with other mountain Men.
    As a child I dreamed of Indians. I wanted the Cowboys to lose so that their lifestyle could continue. Of course that was TV and everything had already passed on into ...

Updated 08-11-2009 at 12:05 AM by pocomoonskyeyes (spelling correction)

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast