View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. My NS to Maine Canoe & Trek

So ya wanna know how my trip went? It was a really really good time, we drove up to Maine (actually to the end of the route in Auburn) and went across to NS where we took a bus up to Fort Louisbourg, we pitched camp Friday night (we got there at about 6pm) just outside the fort and had a good time, the reenactors were still coming in and setting up so we set up off to the far side of them to stay outta their way. It was the 250th anniversary of the fort and a lot of people were there. I gave a class ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Regarding Cody's book: "98.6 Degrees..."

I've decided to post Rick's Review of Cody's book here as well as the follow up that transpired between Rick, Myself & Cody Lundin Himself. Somethings need to be kept out front where they can be seen at any given moment.

"I just completed 98.6 Degrees. The Art of Keeping Your *** Alive by Cody Lundin, I told Sarge I would provide a review so here it is.

As the title suggests, this book looks more at the physiology as well as the psychology of keeping you ...

Updated 07-28-2008 at 03:09 PM by Sarge47

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Historical Trekking

Some on here (8 more to be exact) have asked me once again what exactally is Historical Trekking and how is the group I go with different from todays hikers other than clothing. So, real good questions and here what is needed and you'll learn when joining our group The Miami Valley Historical Trekkers.
    The Specific And Primary Purpose And Objectives Of This Association Are:
    Promote study and research into the life and customs of early America from 1750s through 1780s.
    Promote ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Barrel Browning Your Flintlock

Barrel Browning your Flintlock or other guns
    By Beowulf65

Alot of ya wanna know how I browned the barrel of my flintlock (guess ya saw the pics on here) so here's a good method.
    First thing, buy a bottle of Laurel Mountain Forge Browning Solution. I have had good luck with it. You can order from Dixie Gun Works or Track of the Wolf or any number of other gun shops. The second thing is to draw file and sand the barrel to the desired finish. You only need to draw file if ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Tempering Steel

Tempering steel for your flintlock
    By Beowulf65

Many of us will eventually make parts for our flinters which require hardening. This presentation is an attempt to help people understand what they are doing and how to accomplish it. A more complete explanation can be found in Machinery's Handbook in its many editions.
    Tempering refers to heating steel above a critical temperature, then cooling it rapidly to freeze it in a very hard state followed by rewarming it to an intermediate
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast