1. Ron Hood's Videos review.

I ordered 7 of the Ron Hood Videos as follows:

1.) Woodsmaster DVD's : Vol 2 - Shelters and Priority

2.) Woodsmaster DVD's : Vol 3 - Survival Kits

3.) Woodsmaster DVD's : Vol 10 - Survival Camping

4.) Woodsmaster DVD's : Vol 11 - Solo: Quest for Survival

5.) Woodsmaster DVD's : Vol 14 - Crafts for the Field

6.) Woodsmaster DVD's : Vol 15 - Sticks, Stoves and Stitches

7.) Woodsmaster DVD's : Vol 21 - Hoods ...

Updated 12-26-2012 at 12:48 AM by Sarge47

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. USMC Force Recon Survival Kit.

I received my USMC F.R. S.K. today and was debating weather to go ahead and open it up or just leave it in it's tough, original packaging until I needed it. Logic swayed me as I figured that if I waited what would I do if the items were broken or missing, so I went ahead and opened it. The following is my review of the items:

Side A: Shelter and Food Gathering Side:

Fishing Kit, Emergency 4220-00-244-0764: Well made with everything you might need to catch fish or even
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. A book review of "Stay Alive Survival Skills You Need!" by John D. McCann.

Recently John McCann became a member of this forum. He is the author of the well known book, "Build the Perfect Survival Kit." This book is jam packed with good info on instructing those who desire to know how to make their own SK! John ranges from "ultra small kits" to a full-size Backpack and shows you the items that can go into each and every one, based upon size, need and budget. The photos are black and white, but very well done none the less. Every newcomer to the ...

Updated 02-03-2013 at 11:05 PM by Sarge47

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. About bugging out...

There's always a lot on this site about "BOBs," bugging out, and bag contents. Books have been written about them and what to take. Many times these books seem to focus on young, single, strong males that have nobody else tnd are able to shoulder their huge, heavy bag, grab their rifle, and head off into the wilderness, if'n they have any nearby, like Dan'l Boone or somebody.

Little is said about families with young children, families with elderly folks, elderly folks by ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Whitetail Fever

While some on here are not Big Buck Hunters or Trophy Hunters, if a Large Doe and Big Buck came into range when hunting, 95% would take the big buck. Here's my take on deer hunting either sex.
    I have been hunting big game, mostly deer, for over twenty years and I am still surprised by the lack of preparation most hunters take before the season starts. Most of my buddies simply throw some gear in the back of a truck on opening day and head for the woods. By the way, most of my friends are not ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast