View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Further insight/Survival.

Basically, I don't consider myself a "Survivalist", but a "Survivor". I will be a Survivor until the day I die, then it won't matter. 1st & formost I'm a camper, everything else stems from that point and radiates outwards. Hunting, fishing, hiking, and even "playing" at survival by testing equipment & skills & using various "scenarios". If I were to go camping for a while and made it back just fine, that's what I expect. So I "err on ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Am I a Survivalist

We come here and say we're survivalist, but are we? I don't know if I consider myself a survivalist or just an outdoorsmen. I enjoy hiking, camping, scouting & tracking, hunting, fishing, trekking and the like, I know I can build a lean-to, debris hut, or other emergency shelter. I know alot of edible plants not all of them, I know alot of medicinal plants not all of them, I know I can track an animal in the forest and mountains as well as any man and for that matter I can and have tracked men ...

Updated 02-21-2008 at 04:06 PM by Beo

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Why I'm into Survival.

I've always enjoyed the outdoors. Fishing, camping, hiking, hunting(small game), & just being out in the woods.I never really thought about "Survival" as a "stand-alone" concept until I read Stephen King's book: "The girl Who Loved Tom Gordon."

The story is about a 9 yr. old girl who gets separated from her mom and older brother while on a 6 mile hike on the Maine to New Hampshire branch of the Appalachian Trail. With just the clothes on her ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Camping with my son.

Camping with my Son.
    Okay WarEagle69 wanted us to keep track of what we did in the forest so my son and I did, here goes.
    Friday we left at 1715 (5:15) and arrived at the farm I do land management for (280 acres) and trek’d it out to until we found our campsite at around 1845 or 1900, by a stream that feeds into the Great Miami River it was 54°, first order of business was getting a fire started. It took 4 minutes to start, we dug a shallow pit and lined it with stones from the river ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Bears, bears everywhere!

New to this blog thing, so thought I would start off with a story I had wrote about my first experiences bear hunting years ago. Here in Nova Scotia is it legal to hunt over bait and there are times that we do. I wont make excuses for that, but have found it to be the best way for good shot placement on an animal that deserves to be taken quick and humanely. 'Nuff said...
    be forewarned...it is rather lengthy...here is my story.

You ain't going without me!!!"
    My ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized