View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Guns, Loads, and the such..

Alot has been asked and said on here about what shotgun would be best, what rifle is best, and what loads most people would use in the wilds for a bush or brush gun.
    So after being a Range Instructor in the Army for 3 years (yeah you military guys know me as the one hollering on the line and then you walking up and saying NO BRASS NO AMMO in a loud booming voice), and curently being a range instructor for my department, and teaching hunting/shooting skills at my gun club here is what I say ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. For The "Newbys"; Part II.

Here are, in my personal opinion, some mistakes made by a lot of new-comers to this site as well as to the field of Survival:

1.) Oft-times we 1st hear from a "Newby" regarding the most facinating piece of Survival equipment imaginable, the Knife! the allure of a large bladed knife, in some cases, sporting a hollow handle to stash more Survival stuff, seems to draw the new-comer like a magnet, adding fuel to their great belief that they are the next "Rambo". ...

Updated 02-22-2010 at 10:04 PM by Sarge47

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Wolf-Pack definition index.

People come here at times and don't understand some of the terms we use. this list should help clear that up a bit:

1.) BOB: Bug-Out Bag. A bag packed with survival items to be grabbed in an emergency when taking off into a safer (hopefully) area.

2.) TSHTF: The Sh*t Hits the Fan! Things are going bad!

3.) TEOTWAWKI: The End Of The World As We Know It! Self-explanatory.

4.) NUMPTY: U.K. for "idiot".

5.) TBWN: ...

Updated 12-31-2009 at 04:32 PM by Sarge47 (addition.)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. For the "Newbys".

Oft-times I'm asked by those just getting started in the "Survival Arena" as to where they might start and what they might learn & study. I'm putting my answers here and will refer to them in the future whenever asked this question again. The 1st thing you have to do, no matter what, is to prepare yourself mentally to accept the advice you're given here, even if it doesn't fit in with what you think it should. Pick up a good book on survival, yes, but also study all the threads ...

Updated 12-30-2007 at 12:37 AM by Sarge47

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. saying hello

Just joined this site and I am looking forward to exchanging stories and thoughts. I have a trap line in northern ontario and am in the bush steady. I read lots of the blogs on this site and then decided to sigh up.
    Categories
    Uncategorized