View RSS Feed

Notes from Prairie Refuge

In the next several years, I will be undertaking a massive new project. I plan to document what I have time to here within the blog.

1. On the Edge - A Glance At WW3's Beginnings

Anyone recall the history surrounding the change in our global economies, cultures, and the events leading up to WWII? Better yet - think about this - in many ways - WWI itself set things in motion that led to the second World War.....

Fast Forward. Today we've been engaging in the Middle East directly for how long? Stage is set, conditions are changing, stability is changing across the region.

Ready for this? Just a few thoughts....

Here's my slightly ...
    Tags: iran, wwiii
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Super Mobile Camper CP Survival Project

Quote Originally Posted by paratrooper_rick View Post
    made excellent progress today up until I ran into a few wires I'm going to have to reroute. Have most of the fuse blocks now in place. Going to most likely wire the 110V AC outlet for the controller soon as I thaw out from today's efforts. Neat little trick today with my propane torch: It was so cold the thing would practically do nothing, so took a standard propane canister that was subzero and heated it to a useful temp by filling a sink with warm water, letting the tank warm back up - and voila!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Super Mobile Camper CP Survival Project

Update for this week:

Snow caught me off guard. Was making great progress fine tuning things after I did a good cold weather test of the many built in heat systems.

However, - discovered that the old univolt charge controller is in fact shot beyond help. Resurrecting her after all those years of no use was too much for the univolt. I am now in the middle of completely rebuilding the 12 volt electrical system. Good thing is, it ensures the electrical system is more
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Super Mobile Camper CP Survival Project

Ok - not sure what the name is going to be yet - guessing I'll document the project in this thread. Here's a pic of what I'm working with:
    Attachment 6331

Now before you ask - there are a few more pics but I need to get them from the phone to here. They'll come a bit later once I get time.

Specs: 31 Foot - 1970 Airstream.
    Cost: $2800
    Model: Sovereign Twin
    Estimated cost of upgrades to date: $1400

Keep in mind
    Categories
    Uncategorized