View RSS Feed

Sarge47

1. The way of the Scout!

This is the 1st post I posted in the thread of the same name. Just thought it should be where everybody could access it.

"I've made it no secret how I feel about the role Boy Scouts have played in learning so much about the outdoors. That's the key to Outdoors Survival; not to "Survive" in the outdoors, but to "THRIVE" in the outdoors. Yes, crap can still happen, but a good outdoors-person is ready for just about anything that comes their way. I want to share ...

Updated 04-25-2008 at 11:46 PM by Sarge47 (Deleted unessasary line.)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Pop Quiz! pt #2.

Okay, I just realized that something may not be included in the Forum posts so I'll post something I've been saving for the WIKI:

SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT

I. The Survival Knife.

The 1St thing that every “Survival Enthusiast” needs to understand that there is no “One” knife that fits everybody. We’re all different; our hands fit most comfortably around a certain thickness of handle, for example and we all ...

Updated 11-19-2009 at 11:06 PM by Sarge47 (Dementia.)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Pop Quiz!

Post your answers on the thread I'm going to start for this right after I post the blog. This is just a quiz to see how much many of you who want to know more already know:

1.) List the "Rule of Threes".

2.) What are the 4 Essentials to Survival?

3.) when is it okay to drink urine?

4.) The human body requires a minnimum of ___________water per day.
    a.) 1 to 2 pints.
    b.) 1 to 2 quarts.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Proenneke vs. McCandless, an observation.

With all the "Bear vs. Les" stuff we had on the site I couldn't help noticing the stories of these two men who followed their dream to live in the wilds of the Alaskan Wilderness. Both Chris McCandless (CM) & Dick Proenneke (DP) set out to actually live their dream, only one made it. The following are my observations and opinions only based on what I've seen & read.

1st, DP, was a realist while CM was a romantic dreamer. DP faced the actual reality of what ...

Updated 04-25-2008 at 11:27 PM by Sarge47 (Corrected spelling.)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. For The "Newbys"; Part II.

Here are, in my personal opinion, some mistakes made by a lot of new-comers to this site as well as to the field of Survival:

1.) Oft-times we 1st hear from a "Newby" regarding the most facinating piece of Survival equipment imaginable, the Knife! the allure of a large bladed knife, in some cases, sporting a hollow handle to stash more Survival stuff, seems to draw the new-comer like a magnet, adding fuel to their great belief that they are the next "Rambo". ...

Updated 02-22-2010 at 10:04 PM by Sarge47

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast