View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Learning the basics, part 5.

V. STOP!!!!
    That’s right, when in trouble, stop! Forget that yahoo on TV that runs headlong through briar & bramble challenging his camera crew to endanger their lives by trying to keep up with him. If you think it’s easy running while trying to focus and hold a “steady cam” think again!

Whether you’re solo or with a group, as soon as you recognize that you’re in trouble, STOP! Unless you find that you’re in the middle of a life-threatening situation & ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Learning the basics, part 4.

IV.DEFINING SURVIVAL.

“What,” you may ask, just is survival?” Reading the 1st 3 paragraphs of chapter 12: Survival Preparedness, here’s what we discover:

“Every day of our lives, we are engaged in surviving. Continually, we need air to breathe, food & water to nourish ourselves, and protection from the elements. As a society, we’ve created networks of food production, distribution, & storage that can put fresh fruits on our tables in the dead ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Learning the basics, part 3.

III.SURVIVAL PREPARDENESS: THE WAY OF THE SCOUT!

The Three Tools of Survival.

Many people, new to understanding survival, do not truly appreciate what it is & means. Some believe that it’s the latest “extreme sport,” romanticized by TV stars who drink urine & eat all kinds of disgusting things in order to dramatize what it is they’re doing. These “posers” run headlong through the outdoors, setting a poor example for those who watch in the hopes of learning ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Learning the basics; (continued.)

THE BOOK: (Note, the 1984 Fieldbook is pictured at the bottom of this blog page, far left book.)

In 1984, if you were a Boy Scout, or even a leader, you would, more than likely, carry a copy of this book in your pack. It covers everything you need to know: While I'll be only going through the chapter on “Survival,” the following is the table of contents so you can see all of the important topics that are covered. Any notations that I’ve added are in red. ...

Updated 06-19-2011 at 08:26 PM by Sarge47

Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Group 6 046.jpg 
Views:	874 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	6715  
  5. Learning the basics.

THE WAY OF THE SCOUT
    By Sarge47

INTRODUCTION

I wrote this with a particular type of person in mind. I didn’t write it for the experienced outdoors folks who already know way more than what I’m writing here. They have their knowledge that they’ve gained in their own paths that they’ve walked.

I didn’t write it for the Numpties who already believe that they know everything since they’ve watched all of the reality shows, read ...

Updated 12-31-2010 at 12:17 AM by Sarge47

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast