Blog Comments

Yes, my feelings exactly. Scouting was the main influence on the man I became. Most of my memories from age 8-18 involve either scouting or times spent with my friends from scouting. I learned more about how the government worked in scouting than in my high school and college civics classes. More importantly, I learned about myself and about life. I did my first resume in scouts, wrote my first letter to an elected representative, did my first home repairs, learned how to do the knot for a neck tie, how to light a campfire without a box of matches, how to pitch a tent, how to cook over an open fire, and countless other little things that have served me well in life.

I know this blog post was old but I just read it and had to chime in.
    could you toss in some detail on the basics of whats included in the fishing kit?
    standard test of line and better type of hooks.
    i know it depends on the region, but if there could be a generic/basic version i'd greatly appreciate it
    Thanks for the outline.
    I have an old version that is very informative for the 101 level skills that we all need to refer back time and time again.
    I too like the bsa field book, i am a scout and have used it alot.I have found it very relyable.
    Well said.
    Now Sarge...When I went to enlist, they told me my IQ was too high for the Corps, and I'd have to go Army...lol This Ranger Rick guy sounds like a Saturday morning kids cartoon. Hulk Hogan in the lead role, maybe? I tend to agree with JC...ARR probably has a cobb up his butt from being banned for spamming a few too many times.
    Great blog Sarge. Very good list. I enjoyed watching Lundin's survival show on Discovery channel.
    I, for one, do not "hover" on multiple forums. In fact, this is the only one I am a member of, and the only one I visit (unless I'm searching for something). The mods here do a great job of keeping the peace.
    Well said Sarge, I read that stuff on his site too,, He claims to know a lot of stuff about how a forum works for somebody who claims to hate them ? LOL I have a feeling he 'Army Ranger Rick" is just a little bitter because he kept getting banned for spamming his JUNK on Forums,, ;)
    I had read this before but was worth reading again, Thanks !
    thats a good way to put it
    I know 2 people who are just to darn stubborn to die: me, and my ex-wife!
    Good info,I always carry a small eye glass repair kit,seems like I'm rough on glasses,always buy Four BIC lighters in the plastic also.
    Excellent info, thanks a lot, Sarge.
    The way I see it the test is passed by the one who is mature/smart enough to know that if you don't create any crap, there's a better chance of their not being any crap.

You can create much of your own luck, whether it's good or bad. I agree. "Prepare for the worst, hope for the best."
    You say "psycho" I say "well educated". He gets my respect.
    Thank's Sarge. It needed to be said and you said it well!
    If he going to do it again you should have left him there so he didn't have to go thought the trouble of getting lost again!!!!
    He sounds like a Psyco. If he's married tell his wife good luck!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast