View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Hunting Buddies

The year was, oh it does not matter. It was New Jerseys, second or third ever archery deer hunt. Stosh and Casey were linemen for what use to be called Ma Bell. Their schedules were such that they always seemed to be off at the same time and this meant deer hunting in the winter, and trout fishing in the summer.

Stosh lived in a small house on the side of what use to be a creek. He ran a trap line from Beverly Road all the way down to the Delaware River. The money he made trapping ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Saplings

Saplings, they just jump right up out of nowhere. We all know, we’ve all been cheated once, twice or if you are like me, many times by the little stick. We won’t talk about the 3D shoots where my old friend Allan, right before I shoot says, “now don’t you hit that sapling.” I laugh as the sapling is about 2 feet away from the target, Fwap! Yup, hit the sapling.

My first struggle with a sapling happened many years ago during my first venture to Paradise with Leon. It was a cold ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Lost Treasures

Lost treasures. We’ve all had them. There was that bow that you traded away; it shot very well but a “better” bow came along or maybe you needed more room in the den. So you sold it, only to regret it years later.

There are those bows that you keep as wall hangers because they have a special meaning, like the first self bow you made or the bow that was given to you by that Old Fart bow hunter you so highly respect. Then there are those that you wanted to keep, but for some awful ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Corvus Egor III

When I was a kid, 9th grade, I got a baby crow. Three had fallen out of the nest, I took one, Drew took one, and Vance took one.

As soon as I got "Corvus Egor III" (the III just sounded good), I promtly started him on wet catfood. I never caged him and used a perch and leather thongs to keep him put. I fed him and cleaned up crap for a month until his wings started to fill out.

I then would take him into the backyard and while holding his legs, raise him up ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12