View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Tempering Steel

Tempering steel for your flintlock
    By Beowulf65

Many of us will eventually make parts for our flinters which require hardening. This presentation is an attempt to help people understand what they are doing and how to accomplish it. A more complete explanation can be found in Machinery's Handbook in its many editions.
    Tempering refers to heating steel above a critical temperature, then cooling it rapidly to freeze it in a very hard state followed by rewarming it to an intermediate
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Tuning a Flintlock

Tuning Your Flintlock
    By Beowulf65

Got a lot of questions on how I work on my flinter, well here's hoe I "tune" my flintlock, hope this helps.
    GEOMETRY
    When flintlock geometry is referred to, it's usually one of two areas, cock to pan or frizzen snap over.
    The Cock Area When the cock is in the down position the shoulder of the cock should rest on the lock plate and the tumbler should have slight clearance from the bridle. The bridle is the backup
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Tuning a Flintlock

Tuning A Flintlock: Continued

PANS, POWDERS AND PRICKS
    Priming the pan - The pan should never be filled to the point where powder covers the touch hole. If the touch hole is covered, powder will have to burn down until it uncovers the touch hole before the main charge can ignite. The key is to be sure that the touch hole is clear so that the hot gas flash can get through the touch hole to the main charge. A technique used is to carefully place the charge away from the hole and
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. God can help you in a survival situation...

I've been in some pretty hairy spots in my 42 years on this rock. From the military, marriage, to survival in the wilderness and one thing I have found helps me in every situation (other than my knowledge and skills) in trusting in the Lord. Now I'm not preaching at anyone here and everyone knows I love to "Stir the Pot" and get things going on here but its all in good fun.
    But... when out in the wilds of wherever you are, or no matter how bad it seems look to the Lord for advice ...

Updated 06-11-2008 at 10:45 AM by Beo

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Ever Red Radish

I love these veggies, does anyone else include them in there gardens or as a food source. I tote them into the woods and put them in my infamous wilderness stew and use them as a trail snack with my parched corn. Hope this information helps to add this great veggie to your garden.
    The radish (Raphanus sativus) is an edible root vegetable of the Brassicaceae family that was domesticated in Europe in pre-Roman times. They are grown and consumed throughout the world. Radishes have numerous varieties, ...

Updated 06-11-2008 at 10:00 AM by Beo

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast