View RSS Feed

Beo

1. Trail & Camp Foods

I do a lot and I mean a lot of historical trekking where you only take what they used in the 1750s to 1790s from the colonials of America to the Daniel Boone and Simon Kenton era, what I have found is the foods they ate are just as good today, here are a few recipes in case ya wanna give them a try.

Parched Corn:
    How to Make Parched Corn:
    One of the staples of the early longhunters and native Americans was parched corn. It was said that it could feed a native with nothing ...

Updated 08-12-2008 at 01:54 PM by Beo

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. My Bug Out bag...

This has been a hot topic here for a while and if one should or should'nt have one or really need one, but in the end I think something is needed not for just a BOB but in case something just happens cause ya never know.
    So this past weekend I made my first Bug Out Bag here are my contents. The suggested contents of a BOB vary and I think each person knows what he or she wants and can add or delete items as they adjust to their needs, this is kept in the back of my SUV in an old large A.L.I.C.E. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. More on Knife Sharpening

Here is the quick easy to sharpen, to me.
    Actually more like basics of knife Sharpening.
    The mistakes that are commonly made in sharpening knives are uncontrolled bevel angles, failure to establish a new edge, and leaving the final bevel too rough.
    Pick an angle to sharpen your knife. If you already know what angle your knife is sharpened at, you probably wish to sharpen at this angle again. If you don't know your angle but wish to, ask the manufacturer of your knife or inquire ...

Updated 08-11-2008 at 09:21 AM by Beo

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Knife Sharpening

Alot of people talk on sharpening knives, I do too. So how do you sharpen a knife? Well this is how I do it. A well sharpened knife can give you and edge in the wilderness.

"Note: All the following were gleaned from the bible of knife sharpening called "The Razor Edge Book of Sharpening" by John Juranitch published by Warner Books. This book is great to have in your library and I love mine.
    • The specific angle is not as important as keeping a constant angle.
    • When

Updated 08-11-2008 at 08:54 AM by Beo

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Cold Weather Survival

An important but overlooked topic:
    Cold Weather Survival: Most on here do not want to have to be in a cold weather survival situation, or hate the cold. Personally I think the cold can be your friend if you keep some things in mind. But ask the members from Alaska and Canada about this to get advice from pack members in the real cold environments.
    One of the most difficult survival situations is a cold weather scenario. Remember, cold weather is an adversary that can be as dangerous ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast