PDA

View Full Version : Dryed Foods.

dilligaf2u2
11-14-2007, 12:31 AM
I buy a lot of foods from the Mormon pantry. You do not have to be Mormon to use it. Don't expect them to try to convert you either. Contact them and they will let you know where and when you need to be there.

I got 4 cases of #10 cans of dried potato's chunks from the pantry this week. There potato buds are the best. I also got 4 cans of dried onion flakes too. I order from Allison's pantry too. I love dried strawberries.

For camping food and for survival these places are worth looking into. Saves a lot of money on my camping food by breaking it down to double portions.

Don

Beo
11-14-2007, 11:04 AM
Jerked meat, parched corn is all I tend to carry on treks and hunting ventures, in a survival situation as in storing food I stock about just any canned foods and MRE's.

Tony uk
11-24-2007, 01:53 PM
I make some pemmican and get some jerky from the local bucher, I also carry some dried fruit and nuts with plenty of herbs for flavour 9i like some dried corriander leaf to eat, has a nice flavour and better than gum)

Rick
11-24-2007, 02:29 PM
You might check these folks out. I've order quite a bit from them and the quality is always good. Most of their stuff comes in 2lb cans but they have just started selling items in smaller batches. Powdered eggs and powdered milk (Kroger brand) come in pretty handy sometimes.

They have dried fruits as well.

http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/

Nativedude
11-26-2007, 01:39 AM
I dry different foods and meat every year when I come back to visit my family for the holidays.

Right now I am drying a bunch of herbs and fruits. Next week I will be drying & smoking some Venison, Caribou, Moose, Elk, and Bear meat that my friend and I got this fall.

I am going to take all my wares with me when I go back. I dry the fruits and vegs. in a 14qt. Dutch Oven and I will dry and smoke the meat in a Terracotta smoker I made a few years back.

HOP
11-26-2007, 07:05 AM
Powdered egs and milk are good items to purchase as they are extremely hard to make your self.
I smoke meat and fish and dehydrate prepared meals for back packing.