PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else watch History channel surviving Armagedon?

SARKY
01-05-2010, 11:42 PM
First off I want to say it is a miracle that any of the family survived more than a week, That is how stupid they were. Although the son could hot wire a car he was a spoiled stupid brat who should have been back handed after his first mistake. EMT boy sure as hell didn't need to roam around the entire "CLOSED" hospital before stealing medical supplies. Then the idiot takes a shotgun away from a feral child and doesn't keep it to protect his own family.
There truely are times I wish some like this event would happen to weed out the worthless in our society. We've coddled them so long they can't and won't stand on their own two feet.

hoosierarcher
01-06-2010, 12:26 AM
First off I want to say it is a miracle that any of the family survived more than a week, That is how stupid they were. Although the son could hot wire a car he was a spoiled stupid brat who should have been back handed after his first mistake. EMT boy sure as hell didn't need to roam around the entire "CLOSED" hospital before stealing medical supplies. Then the idiot takes a shotgun away from a feral child and doesn't keep it to protect his own family.
There truely are times I wish some like this event would happen to weed out the worthless in our society. We've coddled them so long they can't and won't stand on their own two feet.

I missed it. As to your last paragraph, I feel you, my brother, I feel you.

rebel
01-06-2010, 01:06 AM
Yea, I watched it and posted in another section about 10 minutes after you did.

pocomoonskyeyes
01-06-2010, 02:13 AM
Same here.It does seem interesting,even though mistakes are made.As was mentioned,Those who weren't prepared had to learn along the way. Talk about a Cram course!!

hunter63
01-06-2010, 11:23 AM
I watched it, thought it was interesting, from the point of view, that we were supposed to be seeing a normal family, not prepared in any way.
I missed the first 15 min, but with the expects interjecting along way, probably gave a fairly reasonable presentation.

I do think that the "Holy carp what just happened?" attitude would be accurate for a lot of people, as well as the tendency to look toward authority where ever you can find it is accurate also.
Hope it's on again.

Supposed to be another one on this evening, sort of a Man vs Armageddon type.
Have to check that one out.

Old GI
01-06-2010, 11:35 AM
AHHH, that whole scenario is preposterous! Everybody knows the government will save all of us.:innocent:

pocomoonskyeyes
01-06-2010, 11:58 AM
It is supposed to be coming back on,on Saturday for those that missed it,and would like to see it.

trax
01-06-2010, 12:03 PM
AHHH, that whole scenario is preposterous! Everybody knows the government will save all of us.:innocent:

thanks GI, I hadn't actually spewed coffee on my monitor for a while.

SARKY
01-06-2010, 12:36 PM
Well they were the crapiest scavangers I've ever laid my eyes on. They had at least 3 oppurtunities to arm themselves and did it only once, how stupid can you be and still survive.
I also want to say that the kid would have gotten one warning about that video camera then he would have been pooping it out the rest of his short miserable spoiled life.
The "experts" talked about paring down their gear to essentials (once they were on foot) and speaking of that, what the hell!, didn't he have a spare tire on that damm expensive SUV? back on track..... since when is a video camera essential gear???

hunter63
01-06-2010, 12:45 PM
back on track..... since when is a video camera essential gear???

Well, duh, for uTube silly.
Oh wait, no net, well, just in case, reality show?, oh, no TV, batteries are dead anyway.
OMG, my batteries are dead, what am I gonna do, better tweet that, opps no service......
This a bad!!!!!!

It was intersting... and hopefully will send a message?

oldsoldier
01-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Couldn't find it was it maybe after armegeddon? Sounds like something I'd like to watch.

pocomoonskyeyes
01-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Couldn't find it was it maybe after armegeddon? Sounds like something I'd like to watch.

Yes OS that was the name of it - "After Armageddon", It is supposed to be airing again on Saturday.

Rick
01-06-2010, 06:55 PM
I thought it odd that 25 years later the video camera batteries were still viable. I have to get new ones every 4 or 5 years for mine.

I didn't get to see all of it just the last part but it was okay. I guess when you look in the crystal ball you're bound to get some things right and some wrong. Still, it's food for thought regardless of the cause.

TomChemEngineer
01-09-2010, 09:40 PM
It is on now...Saturday night on History Channel. 8PM-10PM. After Armageddon.
Sort of an introduction to the concepts. A Hollywood treatment, but a good start.

Themeek
01-15-2010, 01:28 PM

I hear ya. Heck I work with a few that can't even survive in an office without help...And that's with everything working.