PDA

View Full Version : searching...

your_comforting_company
01-04-2010, 11:11 PM
Can someone real savvy with this twitterbox tell me how to find what I'm looking for?
Some searches return nothing, then I'll change a little wording or something and get 100 pages of results.. is there no happy medium?

we need a sticky for dummies like me who don't know how to search and refine their searches to find what they are looking for.

sorry, I'm a dunce!

crashdive123
01-04-2010, 11:22 PM
The V-Bulletin search feature is not the best, or most user friendly. Sometimes putting it in quotes helps if you know exactly what you are looking for. Are you looking for a thread, or a post? If a post, do you know who posted?

your_comforting_company
01-04-2010, 11:34 PM
I was searching to see if there were any older threads about a topic before I posted a new one. I didn't want to make a new post about something that already has 10 threads lol. I would be looking for key words, just for example "Fat Lamps" or "tallow lamps" or "fuel sources". That's not what I was looking for but maybe that'll give you an idea what I mean. Like I don't know exactly what I'm searching for but I know the general topic.. does that make sense?

Here's a pic of me after searching for 30 minutes
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg184/your_comforting_company/miscellaneous%20pics/caveman-1.jpg
SH!*

crashdive123
01-04-2010, 11:38 PM
Ah - post away. Good info is worth repeating. Erunk has done some on oil lamps, I did one on a fungus lamp. If anybody squawks about it Sarge will send them to their corner.

your_comforting_company
01-04-2010, 11:52 PM
hehe. okie dokie. thanks!