PDA

View Full Version : over and out

volsouth
11-13-2007, 02:41 PM
To all my friends, all members, and the moderator.

A while back i was given a warning after being accused of "insulting" other members. I found this "verdict" silly and void of any validity, especially after reading what others are able to get away with...for we surely have a different definition of "insults". (it is the "old man" vs. "fraud" difference for example)

Since then, I have been "blocked"...meaning my posts and PMs are not visible to participants. In a word, i have been "silenced"...
I realize now that the accusations of a "certain member" were just an excuse to get rid of me...which has been it seems one of the moderator's priority since before he was moderator, calling me a liar, a fraud, and making fun of my profession every other post...without accepting any consequences for it. Even thinking about banning me under the influence of a single post by an unknown member...that is worth a thousand words, for it shows your intentions...Sarge.

If you say something silly or incoherent (HOP, Sarge, MR.Chesnut...), if you tell me i am a fraud (which by the way is a pretty big accusation)...or if you threaten me in any way (RIM), i will play the game, and return the favor in an intelligent way...but some of you are obviously lacking in that department, and you have to resort to censoring and silencing, accusations and "punishment" that can only be described as hypocritical and childish.

So be it.
And so it is my pleasure, to let you go...
To all that have supported my work and participation here...thank you...thank you for knowing how to read.
volwest

Saint Ex.
the little prince;

It was then that the fox appeared.
"Good morning," said the fox.
"Good morning," the little prince responded politely, although when he turned around he saw nothing.
"I am right here," the voice said, "under the apple tree."
"Who are you?" asked the little prince, and added, "You are very pretty to look at."
"I am a fox," the fox said.
"Come and play with me," proposed the little prince. "I am so unhappy."
"I cannot play with you," the fox said. "I am not tamed."
"Ah! Please excuse me," said the little prince.
But, after some thought, he added:
"What does that mean--'tame'?"
"You do not live here," said the fox. "What is it that you are looking for?"
"I am looking for men," said the little prince. "What does that mean--'tame'?"
"Men," said the fox. "They have guns, and they hunt. It is very disturbing. They also raise chickens. These are their only interests. Are you looking for chickens?"
"No," said the little prince. "I am looking for friends. What does that mean--'tame'?"
"It is an act too often neglected," said the fox. It means to establish ties."
"'To establish ties'?"
"Just that," said the fox. "To me, you are still nothing more than a little boy who is just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you, on your part, have no need of me. To you, I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world . . ."
"I am beginning to understand," said the little prince. "There is a flower . . . I think that she has tamed me . . ."
"It is possible," said the fox. "On the Earth one sees all sorts of things."
"Oh, but this is not on the Earth!" said the little prince.
The fox seemed perplexed, and very curious.
"On another planet?"
"Yes."
"Are there hunters on that planet?"
"No."
"Ah, that is interesting! Are there chickens?"
"No."
"Nothing is perfect," sighed the fox.
But he came back to his idea.
"My life is very monotonous," the fox said. "I hunt chickens; men hunt me. All the chickens are just alike, and all the men are just alike. And, in consequence, I am a little bored. But if you tame me, it will be as if the sun came to shine on my life. I shall know the sound of a step that will be different from all the others. Other steps send me hurrying back underneath the ground. Yours will call me, like music, out of my burrow. And then look: you see the grain-fields down yonder? I do not eat bread. Wheat is of no use to me. The wheat fields have nothing to say to me. And that is sad. But you have hair that is the color of gold. Think how wonderful that will be when you have tamed me! The grain, which is also golden, will bring me back the thought of you. And I shall love to listen to the wind in the wheat . . ."
The fox gazed at the little prince, for a long time.
"Please--tame me!" he said.
"I want to, very much," the little prince replied. "But I have not much time. I have friends to discover, and a great many things to understand."
"One only understands the things that one tames," said the fox. "Men have no more time to understand anything. They buy things all ready made at the shops. But there is no shop anywhere where one can buy friendship, and so men have no friends any more. If you want a friend, tame me . . ."
"What must I do, to tame you?" asked the little prince.
"You must be very patient," replied the fox. "First you will sit down at a little distance from me--like that--in the grass. I shall look at you out of the corner of my eye, and you will say nothing. Words are the source of misunderstandings. But you will sit a little closer to me, every day . . ."
The next day the little prince came back.
"It would have been better to come back at the same hour," said the fox. "If, for example, you come at four o'clock in the afternoon, then at three o'clock I shall begin to be happy. I shall feel happier and happier as the hour advances. At four o'clock, I shall already be worrying and jumping about. I shall show you how happy I am! But if you come at just any time, I shall never know at what hour my heart is to be ready to greet you . . . One must observe the proper rites . . ."
"What is a rite?" asked the little prince.
"Those also are actions too often neglected," said the fox. "They are what make one day different from other days, one hour from other hours. There is a rite, for example, among my hunters. Every Thursday they dance with the village girls. So Thursday is a wonderful day for me! I can take a walk as far as the vineyards. But if the hunters danced at just any time, every day would be like every other day, and I should never have any vacation at all." ??So the little prince tamed the fox. And when the hour of his departure drew near--
"Ah," said the fox, "I shall cry."
"It is your own fault," said the little prince. "I never wished you any sort of harm; but you wanted me to tame you . . ."
"Yes, that is so," said the fox.
"But now you are going to cry!" said the little prince.
"Then it has done you no good at all!"
"It has done me good," said the fox, "because of the color of the wheat fields." And then he added:
"Go and look again at the roses. You will understand now that yours is unique in all the world. Then come back to say goodbye to me, and I will make you a present of a secret." ??The little prince went away, to look again at the roses.
"You are not at all like my rose," he said. "As yet you are nothing. No one has tamed you, and you have tamed no one. You are like my fox when I first knew him. He was only a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But I have made him my friend, and now he is unique in all the world."
And the roses were very much embarrassed.
"You are beautiful, but you are empty," he went on. "One could not die for you. To be sure, an ordinary passerby would think that my rose looked just like you--the rose that belongs to me. But in herself alone she is more important than all the hundreds of you other roses: because it is she that I have watered; because it is she that I have put under the glass globe; because it is she that I have sheltered behind the screen; because it is for her that I have killed the caterpillars (except the two or three that we saved to become butterflies); because it is she that I have listened to, when she grumbled, or boasted, or ever sometimes when she said nothing. Because she is my rose. ??And he went back to meet the fox.
"Goodbye," he said.
"Goodbye," said the fox. "And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
"What is essential is invisible to the eye," the little prince repeated, so that he would be sure to remember.
"It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important."
"It is the time I have wasted for my rose--" said the little prince, so that he would be sure to remember.
"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. You are responsible for your rose . . ."
"I am responsible for my rose," the little prince repeated, so that he would be sure to remember.

trax
11-13-2007, 02:51 PM
That's one of my all time favorite books you quoted there mr vol-directions, and I even get the message!

but what are you going to do without my witty banter and sparkling repartee? You know you're gonna miss me!!!:D

FVR
11-13-2007, 05:20 PM
Volwest,

If you're ever on this side of the US, please stop by. You're always welcome at my fire.

Just bring your own cup, I do prefer tea to coffee and yes, there is always a stash of Wild Turkey to start the conversation.

FVR

trax
11-13-2007, 06:57 PM
Wild Turkey? Why did you even bring up tea and coffee???

FVR
11-13-2007, 07:24 PM
Wellll, the tea and coffee is just for pc.

HOP
11-13-2007, 07:37 PM
Censored , blocked threatened Sir you set way to much value on your input Opinions are like spincters everyone stink except ours, life is a learning experence not a teaching one my self I am paticular who I drink with.

Sarge47
11-13-2007, 07:40 PM
To all my friends, all members, and the moderator.

A while back i was given a warning after being accused of "insulting" other members. I found this "verdict" silly and void of any validity, especially after reading what others are able to get away with...for we surely have a different definition of "insults". (it is the "old man" vs. "fraud" difference for example)

Since then, I have been "blocked"...meaning my posts and PMs are not visible to participants. In a word, i have been "silenced"...
I realize now that the accusations of a "certain member" were just an excuse to get rid of me...which has been it seems one of the moderator's priority since before he was moderator, calling me a liar, a fraud, and making fun of my profession every other post...without accepting any consequences for it. Even thinking about banning me under the influence of a single post by an unknown member...that is worth a thousand words, for it shows your intentions...Sarge.

If you say something silly or incoherent (HOP, Sarge, MR.Chesnut...), if you tell me i am a fraud (which by the way is a pretty big accusation)...or if you threaten me in any way (RIM), i will play the game, and return the favor in an intelligent way...but some of you are obviously lacking in that department, and you have to resort to censoring and silencing, accusations and "punishment" that can only be described as hypocritical and childish.

So be it.
And so it is my pleasure, to let you go...
To all that have supported my work and participation here...thank you...thank you for knowing how to read.
volwest

Saint Ex.
the little prince;

It was then that the fox appeared.
"Good morning," said the fox.
"Good morning," the little prince responded politely, although when he turned around he saw nothing.
"I am right here," the voice said, "under the apple tree."
"Who are you?" asked the little prince, and added, "You are very pretty to look at."
"I am a fox," the fox said.
"Come and play with me," proposed the little prince. "I am so unhappy."
"I cannot play with you," the fox said. "I am not tamed."
"Ah! Please excuse me," said the little prince.
But, after some thought, he added:
"What does that mean--'tame'?"
"You do not live here," said the fox. "What is it that you are looking for?"
"I am looking for men," said the little prince. "What does that mean--'tame'?"
"Men," said the fox. "They have guns, and they hunt. It is very disturbing. They also raise chickens. These are their only interests. Are you looking for chickens?"
"No," said the little prince. "I am looking for friends. What does that mean--'tame'?"
"It is an act too often neglected," said the fox. It means to establish ties."
"'To establish ties'?"
"Just that," said the fox. "To me, you are still nothing more than a little boy who is just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you, on your part, have no need of me. To you, I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world . . ."
"I am beginning to understand," said the little prince. "There is a flower . . . I think that she has tamed me . . ."
"It is possible," said the fox. "On the Earth one sees all sorts of things."
"Oh, but this is not on the Earth!" said the little prince.
The fox seemed perplexed, and very curious.
"On another planet?"
"Yes."
"Are there hunters on that planet?"
"No."
"Ah, that is interesting! Are there chickens?"
"No."
"Nothing is perfect," sighed the fox.
But he came back to his idea.
"My life is very monotonous," the fox said. "I hunt chickens; men hunt me. All the chickens are just alike, and all the men are just alike. And, in consequence, I am a little bored. But if you tame me, it will be as if the sun came to shine on my life. I shall know the sound of a step that will be different from all the others. Other steps send me hurrying back underneath the ground. Yours will call me, like music, out of my burrow. And then look: you see the grain-fields down yonder? I do not eat bread. Wheat is of no use to me. The wheat fields have nothing to say to me. And that is sad. But you have hair that is the color of gold. Think how wonderful that will be when you have tamed me! The grain, which is also golden, will bring me back the thought of you. And I shall love to listen to the wind in the wheat . . ."
The fox gazed at the little prince, for a long time.
"Please--tame me!" he said.
"I want to, very much," the little prince replied. "But I have not much time. I have friends to discover, and a great many things to understand."
"One only understands the things that one tames," said the fox. "Men have no more time to understand anything. They buy things all ready made at the shops. But there is no shop anywhere where one can buy friendship, and so men have no friends any more. If you want a friend, tame me . . ."
"What must I do, to tame you?" asked the little prince.
"You must be very patient," replied the fox. "First you will sit down at a little distance from me--like that--in the grass. I shall look at you out of the corner of my eye, and you will say nothing. Words are the source of misunderstandings. But you will sit a little closer to me, every day . . ."
The next day the little prince came back.
"It would have been better to come back at the same hour," said the fox. "If, for example, you come at four o'clock in the afternoon, then at three o'clock I shall begin to be happy. I shall feel happier and happier as the hour advances. At four o'clock, I shall already be worrying and jumping about. I shall show you how happy I am! But if you come at just any time, I shall never know at what hour my heart is to be ready to greet you . . . One must observe the proper rites . . ."
"What is a rite?" asked the little prince.
"Those also are actions too often neglected," said the fox. "They are what make one day different from other days, one hour from other hours. There is a rite, for example, among my hunters. Every Thursday they dance with the village girls. So Thursday is a wonderful day for me! I can take a walk as far as the vineyards. But if the hunters danced at just any time, every day would be like every other day, and I should never have any vacation at all." ??So the little prince tamed the fox. And when the hour of his departure drew near--
"Ah," said the fox, "I shall cry."
"It is your own fault," said the little prince. "I never wished you any sort of harm; but you wanted me to tame you . . ."
"But now you are going to cry!" said the little prince.
"Then it has done you no good at all!"
"It has done me good," said the fox, "because of the color of the wheat fields." And then he added:
"Go and look again at the roses. You will understand now that yours is unique in all the world. Then come back to say goodbye to me, and I will make you a present of a secret." ??The little prince went away, to look again at the roses.
"You are not at all like my rose," he said. "As yet you are nothing. No one has tamed you, and you have tamed no one. You are like my fox when I first knew him. He was only a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But I have made him my friend, and now he is unique in all the world."
And the roses were very much embarrassed.
"You are beautiful, but you are empty," he went on. "One could not die for you. To be sure, an ordinary passerby would think that my rose looked just like you--the rose that belongs to me. But in herself alone she is more important than all the hundreds of you other roses: because it is she that I have watered; because it is she that I have put under the glass globe; because it is she that I have sheltered behind the screen; because it is for her that I have killed the caterpillars (except the two or three that we saved to become butterflies); because it is she that I have listened to, when she grumbled, or boasted, or ever sometimes when she said nothing. Because she is my rose. ??And he went back to meet the fox.
"Goodbye," he said.
"Goodbye," said the fox. "And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
"What is essential is invisible to the eye," the little prince repeated, so that he would be sure to remember.
"It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important."
"It is the time I have wasted for my rose--" said the little prince, so that he would be sure to remember.
"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. You are responsible for your rose . . ."
"I am responsible for my rose," the little prince repeated, so that he would be sure to remember.

Hey Freddie, make sure of your facts before you start spewing Crap!:mad:
I had nothing to do with you being "blocked", as you put it. There have been some official complaints about you that were passed on to higher authority. If, indeed things were as you say then it wasn't me, not that you seem to care about the truth. Don't forget, others here are entitled to there opinions as well as you! But so what! You come here with this nonsense and expect to be taken seriously? Don't let the door slam when you leave!:mad:

Beo
11-13-2007, 08:06 PM
Still think he's a dick :D Just kidding folks.

FVR
11-13-2007, 08:22 PM
I'm curious, Volwest = Volsouth, why did he not choose Voleast? Volsouth would go with Volnorth.

Kind of makes you think, why. Is there a hidden message?

owl_girl
11-13-2007, 08:28 PM
I'm curious, Volwest = Volsouth, why did he not choose Voleast? Volsouth would go with Volnorth.

Kind of makes you think, why. Is there a hidden message?

Well he is on the west coast and more south then north I think. That’s my thoughts anyway.

FVR
11-13-2007, 08:35 PM
That's is, So. Cal., = VolSouth. Hmmmm............I know your reading, I can see you.

trax
11-13-2007, 08:38 PM
He'll wind up back where he started from. Then it'll have to be vol-up and vol-down I reckon. (I'm a simple country boy at heart, your fast paced world confuses and frightens me...never mind)

corndog-44
11-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Volwest plays the love him or hate him card and all who gets into the game follows suit. He's a true attention getter. :D

volsouth
11-13-2007, 09:47 PM
Thank you for proving my point Sarge.

You using my "real name", and saying that i "spew crap" speaks volume doesn't it.
Yes indeed others are entitled to their opinions, but you seem to only listen to what could benefit your own opinions.

I don't expect to be taken seriously...you on the other hand, that is all you can cling too...being blocked is a fact. Chris not being around is a fact. You not liking me is a fact. You being childish and subjective is a fact. You being dense is a fact. "Official complaints" are a way for you to rationalize your poor behavior as a "super moderator"...and that is also a fact.

I have more people behind me than "official complaints". If i was who you think i am, everyone would "not like me"...but this is not the case, and that is also a fact, and you cannot stand it.

The door is indeed being slammed...by you.
You can call me "Freddy" all you want, and tell me that i am spewing crap, the facts remain, and the history proves it.

I never called anyone a **** face, an *** hole or a *****, a **** or a **** up...i never told anyone to go **** themselves...i never called anyone a butt pirate, or even a punk.
And yes those are indeed insults....
Instead, i have called people incoherent, limited, unreasonable, narrow minded, or lost, which are not insults but intelligent words that point to a certain state of mind...Me calling someone incoherent is not going to smother their opinions yes ?

Anyway, you and few other members thinking that "limited" is an insult have obviously bigger issues in life, and i am sorry for that...it shows your lack of intelligence and your fragility. As for "old man"...hey, that is what i call my father in law for example, i don't know where you got it was an insult, and when you got offended by it, i found it amusing and ran with it...but thinking it is an insult is way beyond anything recognizable by any of my colleagues.

Don't worry Sarge, i leave you your forum, and all the joy you take in making it a wolf pack...I have never been a wolf myself, it's just too simplistic of an image to tantalize my dreams of seeing Man un**** himself. Wolves and magic tricks are the signs of an unresolved teenage mind after all...and all of this punctuated by little "emoticons", that you abuse to carry in your posts a sense of make belief emotions...ah, you are silly.

FVR,
West, east, north and south, has nothing to do with longitude and latitude.
But everything to do with our nature.
I can explain...in private.

Strider
11-13-2007, 09:52 PM
U definately do have a thing with proving ur point... well said... :):)

Sarge47
11-13-2007, 10:01 PM
Thank you for proving my point Sarge.

You using my "real name", and saying that i "spew crap" speaks volume doesn't it.
Yes indeed others are entitled to their opinions, but you seem to only listen to what could benefit your own opinions.

I don't expect to be taken seriously...you on the other hand, that is all you can cling too...being blocked is a fact. Chris not being around is a fact. You not liking me is a fact. You being childish and subjective is a fact. You being dense is a fact. "Official complaints" are a way for you to rationalize your poor behavior as a "super moderator"...and that is also a fact.

I have more people behind me than "official complaints". If i was who you think i am, everyone would "not like me"...but this is not the case, and that is also a fact, and you cannot stand it.

The door is indeed being slammed...by you.
You can call me "Freddy" all you want, and tell me that i am spewing crap, the facts remain, and the history proves it.

I never called anyone a **** face, an *** hole or a *****, a **** or a **** up...i never told anyone to go **** themselves...i never called anyone a butt pirate, or even a punk.
And yes those are indeed insults....
Instead, i have called people incoherent, limited, unreasonable, narrow minded, or lost, which are not insults but intelligent words that point to a certain state of mind...Me calling someone incoherent is not going to smother their opinions yes ?

Anyway, you and few other members thinking that "limited" is an insult have obviously bigger issues in life, and i am sorry for that...it shows your lack of intelligence and your fragility. As for "old man"...hey, that is what i call my father in law for example, i don't know where you got it was an insult, and when you got offended by it, i found it amusing and ran with it...but thinking it is an insult is way beyond anything recognizable by any of my colleagues.

Don't worry Sarge, i leave you your forum, and all the joy you take in making it a wolf pack...I have never been a wolf myself, it's just too simplistic of an image to tantalize my dreams of seeing Man un**** himself. Wolves and magic tricks are the signs of an unresolved teenage mind after all...and all of this punctuated by little "emoticons", that you abuse to carry in your posts a sense of make belief emotions...ah, you are silly.

FVR,
West, east, north and south, has nothing to do with longitude and latitude.
But everything to do with our nature.
I can explain...in private.

Still yakking after saying you're leaving is a fact. Taking up forum space by quoting half the Library of Congress is a fact. Boring some of us to tears is a fact......:eek:

Strider
11-13-2007, 10:04 PM
k i suppose while i was away i missed something... sarge and vol are now enemies or somethin?
:confused:

Sarge47
11-13-2007, 10:21 PM
Folks I don't have the ability here to "Block" somebody although I wish that I did. Seems pretty cool to me, and now that I think about it I realize why VW (or VS) was so "quiet" these last couple of weeks. I did give him a very mild infraction as a result against a "formal" complaint filed against him as a Troll. Nothing really happens as a result of those, only an outright ban can do that, which you all may realize I had to do with Otay and his many aliases. Any action such as VS (formerly known as VW) is describing could only come from elsewhere, however I'll assume the blame since he's so convinced I did it. Seems like our "former" Wolf has a very fragile ego and thin skin. BTW, if I knew how to "block" him I'd of done it when he showed back up. No regrets or apologies. I'm just getting tired of his crap!:rolleyes:

Strider
11-13-2007, 10:36 PM
ok... doesnt seem really nice, but... ur the leader... :confused:

volsouth
11-14-2007, 04:30 AM
Again...you prove my point.
Again...thank you.

I said i was leaving, and i am...patience...
That you view "blocking" as "cool" is pretty disturbing...i mean, you crave power that much ? Now you are trying to justify some of your actions towards my participation by admitting it all started from a "..."formal" complaint against me for being a troll "?

Ah.
1st. it is not the reason you gave me. You said it was a formal complaint (without " " ) for insulting members. You are a shady character...and the rabbit hole goes deeper.
I am now willing to bet there was never a complaint to start with.

2nd. "elsewhere" does not apply here...since it is besides the point. You saying that if you knew how to block you would have blocked me upon my return, once again shows your true colors.

"no regrets or apologies" is what we get from you..."i am what i am"...and you are a moderator ? wow, you do fit the job description.
Now, as for my ego, well, what do you know about egos ?
Nothing much...you still think it is there to be repressed, you still think of the ego as a vague description made 100 years ago...and just like with everything else, you unveil your dichotomies for all of us to marvel at the incoherence you wear as a badge of honor. You know nothing of the ego...and i find it extremely amusing you would use that word in a sentence made to...put me down ?
lolll

I know you love to use the "thin skin" repertoire, you have used it before, like a recycled concept that means absolutely squat...or at least not in the adult world you are supposed to live in. If i had this "disease" you like pronouncing, i wouldn't be here explaining to you how your "pack" is just an infantile projection of your desires to be an alpha male.
Your name (Sarge), your "rank" (super moderator), and your projections are all working towards this desperate effort to be in charge...to be an alpha male...your fascination with this concept, this idea, surfaced early on when you started threads about groups and leaders, and alpha males...Deep down, i am sure you were hoping for that leader role in our fun scenario, that you sabotaged in the end, because you could not stand the fact that "your wolf pack" elected me as the leader...even after i said i was not one.

I could go on, but at this point i am not sure it is even fair to...your ego.
After all, i am just a fraud...because to you, if by any chance i am not, it would be dramatic. Keep telling yourself i am a fraud, keep saying over and over that i don't even exist, it is fine by me...you see, my advantage here is that i am familiar with that denial...i am familiar with rejection, and unlike you, i do not fear it...i even like it a little.

All of your accusations point to the same pattern...and i will make it simple and clear...you want to be the alpha male of a "forum" for lack of the real thing. You want people, somewhat free individuals, to look to you as a leader. You want them to say "good job Sarge! ;):rolleyes:;):)"
You see...my intentions are somewhat different...i want people to look at themselves and think, and be free for real, with no leaders but themselves...no pack, no alpha, no pretend, no substitute, no fears...
I am of the church of coherence and reason, of intensity and passion, of biodegradability and equanimity.

You...you are of the church of chains and patches, packs and therefore leaders, incoherence and doubts, silencing and denial, narrow views and opinions, compulsions and habits...

FVR,
Tea sounds great.

nell67
11-14-2007, 06:45 AM
FVR I'll have a cup of that Wild Turkey...err I mean tea or coffee too iffn ya dont mind??Coffe straight up or if that bottle of Wild Turkey accidently spills into it thats ok too!

I think its time for a major pow wow around the campfire,anyone gotta peacepipe?????

Beo
11-14-2007, 09:56 AM
Tea is for sissy's :D jk, anyway I agree and disagree with both Sarge and VW, sometimes VW does get a bit long winded on subjects that don't have a thing to do with wilderness-survival, wilderness, or survival, and it takes up waaaay to much space and can get on a bodies nerves. Now I like VW make no mistake about it, he's a dick(just like me)... gets on peoples nerves and whatnot (so do I) :D But he makes you read, and no atter what you read you learn something, be it the Art of War, or a tale of whatever.... VW makes me laugh, I like to laugh its good for the soul... he ticks me off with his comments (sometimes), but that is his opinion and I'd rather have it than not... and this is free forum chat so I support his right to give his opinion. Does this make sense to anyone other than me?????? :confused:
Now on the other hand... I like sarge, he makes me laugh, is knowledgeable on what he speaks on, and has a good sense of humor. I consider both of these guys my friends (as far as e-forum friends go) and would trek, hike, camp, hunt, scout, canoe, or whatever (no WWE wrestling shows:D) with either one... what I'm trying to say here is I think Chris ought to get both sides of the story (if he has my bad) ad ake the decesion, although I think Sarge does a good job as moderator.
Does this make any sense to anyone other than me??
P.S. I sometimes think some of us get so dam* politicaly correct and sensitive here, just RELAX cause I don't care if its a sensitive issue(depending on what it is, I'm no heartless jackazz), I'm poking fun at it... but thats just me.
Beo,

MCBushbaby
11-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Well the fact of all facts remains: you were banned by a higher power (probably Chris) and he doesn't go around banging the ban hammer like a gavel. He saw a definitive reason to ban you.

Doesn't that say something to you? Maybe you weren't punished as a child so you don't know what to do next. Like a kitten that just got squirted with water for jumping on the counter...

Take the hint. You did something(s) wrong and it upset people. Maybe you should reform instead of rejoining and continuing your rants?

Just my $0.02

Beo
11-14-2007, 11:32 AM
I agree with Mitch he makes a lot of sense.

trax
11-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Wolfpackians! (packistinians? packers? packophiles? whatever....) We have to bring Supermod Sarge and Vol-directional together and put them out in the bush and build them a nice campfire and they have to just sit there and sing "koom-by-yah" and the "iko iko" song (you know..."my grandma saw your grandma, sittin' by the fire, my grandma told your grandma gonna set your flag on fire, talk about hey now, hey now Iko Ikn i yaay..."

until one of them breaks down crying and just gives in, or they form some kind of weird bond.

nell67
11-14-2007, 12:49 PM
Wolfpackians! (packistinians? packers? packophiles? whatever....) We have to bring Supermod Sarge and Vol-directional together and put them out in the bush and build them a nice campfire and they have to just sit there and sing "koom-by-yah" and the "iko iko" song (you know..."my grandma saw your grandma, sittin' by the fire, my grandma told your grandma gonna set your flag on fire, talk about hey now, hey now Iko Ikn i yaay..."

until one of them breaks down crying and just gives in, or they form some kind of weird bond.

dont forget the peacepipe or the Wild Turkey trax,they gonna need that

Sarge47
11-14-2007, 01:00 PM
I've just e-mailed Chris for his input. In the meantime thanks to all you guys who PM'd me showing your support. I'm now awaiting Chris' decision.:cool:

Sarge47
11-14-2007, 01:02 PM

I'm into "Weird Bonds". What do you know about them?:rolleyes:

Chris
11-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Volwest wasn't banned. He was put on something called a global ignore.

It is a sneaky setting. See, sometimes when you ban someone they get angry and try to retaliate (see Otay), this global ignore is a neat feature when you have a troll who is possibly just trying to get attention you make it so no one can see their posts but they do not realize it.

So, if the purpose of a troll is to bait people into giving him attention and arguing with them, this ignore feature basically destroys their bait and the end result is hopefully the lack of attention (what they want) then gets them to moderate their behavior, all without making them overty defensive/retributive with a ban.

Now, in addition to intel from Sarge keeping me aprised of things, I did get quite a few complaints with Volwest, nothing he did was specifically against the rules blatantly, but he was trolling and baiting people into arguments. One particular email stands out where the person said that they had just registered but felt so unwelcome they did not think they would ever return.

Alas, Volwest figured it out. So so much for being sneaky. So, Volwest, your behavior has been a problem. You can choose to indeed leave these forums, you can choose to change your behavior, but you cannot stay if your behavior is not changed. I leave the choice up to you.

If you want to stay let me know and I'll restore your main username to full status so you can go back to use it.

trax
11-14-2007, 01:08 PM
I'm into "Weird Bonds". What do you know about them?:rolleyes:

That, sir, I will leave to you and vol-persona at the campfire, and please bear in mind that discretion is the better part of valor. :D

nell, (MSN---My Sweet Nell, stealin ideers from dilli) the pipe I'd recommend they try would probably go well with the Wild Turkey, or you know...so I've heard...:D

(Maybe they'll find a lovely mushroom patch out there, too...);)

Beo
11-14-2007, 01:12 PM
Just "hug it out bit*h" as Michael Scott from the Office would say.
Oh and Nell I got a wierd bond thing for ya ;)

trax
11-14-2007, 01:30 PM
Just "hug it out bit*h" as Michael Scott from the Office would say. Oh My God, Yes...that was hilarious!! I remember the scene.
Oh and Nell I got a wierd bond thing for ya ;) Hey, did I say Our Sweet Nell? I don't think so there puppy, LOL.

Beo
11-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Vol come back baby... come back!!! :D I see ya peeking... come back.

volsouth
11-14-2007, 02:36 PM
Chris,

I will reply to you here, because it is clearer for everyone that way.

The problem i have with your very posed post and explanations of what happened...is that instead of you or Sarge telling me what was happening, you just went directly to "sneaky mode". I wasn't born yesterday, i figured out after 2 days that i was "globally ignored" (or as i call it silenced), since this setting also affects PMs.

Now, maybe it is just me, but the role of the moderator is by definition to moderate. Something Sarge never did with me, at least not as an adult to an adult...but on top of that, the "warning" was issued for a very specific reason which is not the reason that is surfacing now.

You also clearly state that "nothing i did was blatantly and specifically against the rules"...but you go on to say that i was "trolling". You guys have to make up your minds.

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to finally tell me what you think and where you stand. I think this little "adventure" speaks volumes on the state of our culture, of our time...we have become so sensitive and so politicly correct that as soon as it gets a little uncomfortable we ban, we get sneaky, we make more rules...etc...
Not to mention our intellectual laziness, where a post longer than a paragraph has become a chore.

Comfort, is what survival is about isn't it...our tolerance for an uncomfortable position has gone way down over the decades...and so we invent ways to be more comfortable, that it be in the wild, or in our minds. How can certain individuals start threads on the subject of survival, sometimes role playing certain situations, and not be able to hear a simple word like "incoherent", or "old man" ?

It is not the cold or hunger most have to survive from, it is their own ideas...i came here for a very specific reason, and it is ironic that i will leave for an unspecific reason...Of course my stay here was controversial to say the least, but i brought something that i feel is paramount to survival...and yet so misunderstood and overlooked.

If what i have been posting was indeed "boring Sarge to death", i doubt i would have had the responses i got...making in the end for a versatile forum, some even say entertaining.
I will take the example of my encounter with Trax.
Trax and i had a great dynamic, we had a couple of intense conversations, and since none of us are greedy, sneaky, lazy, and since we do not hold grudges, we were able to i think, gain some great personal insight, at least i did.

Look, Sarge said it himself, upon my return he wanted to ban me...what is objective about that "intel" ? What is objective about this state of mind ? What in this "opinion" spells moderator ?
I have spent more time here holding hands and explaining my intentions than actually "working" or having an adult rapport.

Some say, well Mitch said, that the fact was that i was banned for a reason, and that this should tell me something. Well, no. It does not tell me anything about my behavior, but the way he thinks that it should tell me something, indeed tells me something.
That kind of "primitive thinking" is exactly what i have been addressing, always going back to survival, even if some do not see it.
During the inquisition, people were banned for thinking differently, sometimes even burned to the stake. Does that tell me something ? Our need for "numbers" and automatically loosing our own vision to what these numbers represent is to be addressed...at least questioned. Our need for comfort has become a plague.

Beo upon arriving called women whores, and that they were great entertainment. Well, i like the guy i do, i think he is quiet coherent with himself actually. And as i recall, we, as a group, talked to him as an adult, and he got the point. Nobody got sneaky, nobody got dramatic about it...nobody got childish and pouty. Waiting for him at every corner to jump and say: "hey, this has nothing to do with survival!"

The art of war thread is another example of the "i made up my mind already"...it could have been an interesting way to look at preparedness, both physical and mental. But no. Same all routine, VW this and VW that...and then when i reply, i am being a "troll".

So...i appreciate your "proposition".
But i cannot accept it, for my "behavior" has nothing to do with how people interpret and read what i have to say. You should not worry about "retaliations" or who knows what, i was never that guy.

So i will indeed leave, once we are done with this very telling and interesting thread.

Beo
11-14-2007, 02:50 PM
First of all I did not call women whores, I stated a line from a movie that said "a good wh**e is entertainment" what I said is "You know what, a good wh**e is a form of entertainment just like the old days." Although wrong it is not the same thing, and back then a brothel was legal :D
Anyway quit being a poopy pants and come back:D I need smeone to argue with and... well... yeah... I miss ya, not the over long banter (although I d it myself sometimes) but the general banter.

trax
11-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Beo...you gonna need a moment alone there pumpkin? You gettin' all verklempt?

trax
11-14-2007, 03:04 PM
and considering the concept of being part of some grand experiment, a thought crosses my mind (I hope it packed a lunch for it's going to be a long and lonely trek for that little thought)

If what vol is doing is trolling, or trying to bait people into arguments....then we're all helping him succeed by responding to this thread with anything more considerate than bathroom wall humor. If it was indeed his goal in the first place he can sit back, read all these posts, rub his hands together maniacally and chortle an evil laugh over the glow of his computer monitor with a nasty gleam in his eye (that's right, my little rats, add something else to the thread. Yes! Do it! Do it!)

We can all choose to respond to or ignore anyone or anything that we want, even me! Although, why in the world anyone would want to ignore me is just too bewildering to consider :D

Did any one else think of that? Because if you did the best thing to do is not answer. If, on the other hand, vol is just trying to defend his position and state his case, then by all means we should all continue to throw in our opinions and support him or not, let the chips fall where they may.

If, as a third option, I continue this little rant any further, than I am indeed just as yappy, pointless, longwinded and may in fact be spamming or trolling or what the hell ever, LOL. OK, I'll stop now.

owl_girl
11-14-2007, 03:23 PM
I think we all have a little troll in us. Mine is deeply suppressed along with a bunch of other demented stuff I’m not about to unleash but oh yea it’s there :D.

trax
11-14-2007, 03:28 PM
No no no, please, by all means, unleash...:D

Beo
11-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Someone said leash... that in my mind means tie up and... Owl Girl you there... hello... lol... really now, I don't give 2 hoots(lol) who comes on here and talks... chats... hoots(lol)... at us as long as its not offensive (?) or racist.
P.S. bet I can tame ya ;)

MCBushbaby
11-14-2007, 03:48 PM

I HATE SHORT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*breathing heavily*
*trying to catch breath*
I DO NOT LIKE SPICY FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*hyperventilating*
*being punched by midgets with jalapeños*
IRONICUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Beo
11-14-2007, 03:50 PM
Dichotomy... damn I had to look that one up... lol... okay new rule *NO SENENTYFIVECENT WORDS* i hate having to look things up cause then I time out (no not in a small chair lol) and gotta sign in again.

A dichotomy is any splitting of a whole into exactly two non-overlapping parts. In other words, it is a mutually exclusive bipartition of elements. i.e. nothing can belong simultaneously to both parts, and everything must belong to one part or the other. They are often contrasting and spoken of as "opposites."
Hmmm. didn't know that or really care, but it did make me look it up, VW i'm reading :D

Beo
11-14-2007, 03:51 PM
Wasn't IRONICUS a roman soldier or statesmen :D

owl_girl
11-14-2007, 04:50 PM

Whhhtttch *cracks a whip* lol

volsouth
11-14-2007, 04:53 PM
What you believe, what i believe...

Can you understand that if you use a machine made for "communication", it is because at some point, somewhere, there was a certain coherence in a multiplicity of values ?

Can you hear the fact, that the society you leave your children is an explosion of individual beliefs that just like you (any of you) looks for their own belly buttons, and only finds a social cohesion made to ban, divide and push away ?

Can you conceive that one out of two will get a cancer ?
You or me ?
This steaming from the division of the self and the scattering of cohesion...the liver that says **** you to the stomach, the heart that acts up without your feet catching up.

This is a place, created to exchange points of views and experiences about survival...and more precisely, wilderness survival...I would be amazed if this did not include our physiology, our biology, our psychology...since all are wild.

You cannot have internal cohesion without re-assembling all the "cast away"...You cannot live in your body a common project if all your organs do not go in the same direction...that they are individualized and conscious of being individualized or not.
In the same way, there is not a society or a group of individuals that will function if the common direction is not defined...and this direction even if very small and fragile, is a priority.

All of our talks about survival, that you see as an external affair can be understood internally...the sky or your molecules tell the same stories. The cohesion of a group, or the cohesion of your organs tell the same story.

I say that beliefs are a vision, a prophecy steaming from our archaic instinctive nature which could be close to our spine. The source of our beliefs is a "safe conduit" to assure ourselves of a certain security which is in itself auto-hypnotic.
Auto-illusions are in nature, in "the wild" the core of any actions made by any living organism.

This belief, when "colored" or "twisted" by emotions or feelings generated by our "humanity" in order to obtain a certain continuity, can become a pile of "gull-abilities"
which become aptitudes to suffer more or less the manipulation of events or other organisms.
Also, when this belief gets "tense", when this belief closes onto itself, it becomes "self-sufficient" without receiving any criticism...and becomes obsession and psychosis.

Gullibility and submission to manipulation and the violence of a belief will automatically declare war to one another. Always under the pressure to belong to a group, to identify oneself as...
And the game starts, and bombs follow.
The common belief dislodged...and instead of getting defined, refined into a sacred being shareable, this common belief is dissolved in intestine wars and suicidal behaviors, in a dark brilliance of a life without direction.

I am between the for and the against, because i am a traveler.
If there can be a gain within reciprocity, it can only exist in the polyphonic confrontation of beliefs...like in aikido, where the enemy becomes an ally.

Confrontation and affirmation of beliefs, in spite of the main principle of science which is incertitude, and which reminds us at all time when we look at the horizon of knowledge, becomes then a process of purification and openness towards complementarity.
For this to happen, reason (comparing images) must be rid of sentimental colors and emotional snobbism, and reason must be the engine of the confrontation of ideas or mental expressions painting beliefs with words...

Just like an organism striving to survive in homeostasis...the beliefs of those organs cannot be incoherent without creating a certain dis-order.
The docility of Man is such, that it is very rarely that we have the idea to live outside of our own habits. To confront our beliefs in a critical way, by-passing emotions, and putting aside sentiments that nourish our "human form", will lift the human mind slumped over formalism and normative concepts.
Formalism and normative concepts that the media maintains in a purely economic manner, putting us to sleep and making us belong to ideas like domination and institutional protection...invading our freedom with night sticks and hypocritical minds hiding behind titles more ridicule than the next.

That is survival.
There is nothing "wild" about nature...nature is in itself consistent and coherent, it is cold, you implement technics to get warm...it is hot, you seek shade, you are hungry, you seek food...survival is much more than implementing technics, all based on the taming of nature itself. Well, we've known that for thousands of years, defying the laws and the rules nature itself put in place...defying further and further the line between surviving and imposing. Bending coherence and denaturing our own biology in order to find comfort.

No wonder your teenagers are wild...and you can barely survive them without the help of chemicals and "education".
We are so afraid, that we even pretend to not read one-another...if i challenge your comfort, it is not to put in place a well organized "rant"...if that was my intention, i would write a book in the solitude of my eyes.
No, if i challenge your comfort, willingly making it long and painful, it is to remind myself of this comfort and the impact it has on your survivability...all while giving you my experience for you to piss on, or integrate...and what you do with this experience is not my problem.

I don't care if i was given a warning or not, or who gave it and why...everything you give me i use to create questioning...all linked one way or another to survival.
"Ignore", that is what we do isn't it...as soon as we feel threatened or the object in front of us does not "comply" to our own beliefs, we ignore...globally...royally.

It is the liver ignoring the stomach.
It is you ignoring your neighbor.
It is your community ignoring the city.
The city ignoring the country.
The country ignoring the continent...and the continent ignoring the world.

Why not.

volsouth
11-14-2007, 05:00 PM
Oh...i forgot...
In 24 hours...this thread got more than 300 views, and already 44 replies.
I wonder why.

Beo
11-14-2007, 05:03 PM
Blahh blahh blahh now that's babbling on. No one ignored you (well maybe Sarge) but you blather on about bulls**t thinking you are the smartest one here, I think you come here to blather and bleat this junk cause it makes you feel smart. Apply this in nature, the Art of War by Sun Tzu has nothing to do with these forums, I studied it in college and in the military, and in martial arts (although I never kicked in the side of a wolverine with metal boots using my Taekwondo) it has to do with waging and winning war, thus The Art of War is a Chinese military treatise written during the 6th century BC by Sun Tzu. Composed of 13 chapters, each of which is devoted to one aspect of warfare, it has long been praised as the definitive work on military strategies and tactics of its time and is used by the military and businessmen today.
But that don't mean I want you to leave :D Just my opinion on certain things.

owl_girl
11-14-2007, 05:13 PM
Ok seriously I don’t think vol is or was trying to troll. He just rubs some people the wrong way. He hasn’t really pissed me off but then again no one on this forum has (besides otay when he posted that sick stuff about people)

Beo
11-14-2007, 05:18 PM
But there's no real info in some of his rants, I don't think he's trolling just talking about whatever and he never really pissed me off either. Yeah Otay pissed me off too.

nell67
11-14-2007, 05:31 PM
Whhhtttch *cracks a whip* lol

HEY HEY NOW!!

nell67
11-14-2007, 05:33 PM
[quote=owl_girl;11655]Ok seriously I don’t think vol is or was trying to troll. He just rubs some people the wrong way. He hasn’t really pissed me off but then again no one on this forum has (besides otay when he posted that sick stuff about people)[/quote

I totally agree with you.

owl_girl
11-14-2007, 05:34 PM
HEY HEY NOW!!

Just kidding don’t get caty :p

trax
11-14-2007, 05:35 PM
HEY HEY NOW!! thank you very much ma'am..

trax
11-14-2007, 05:44 PM
Oh...i forgot...
In 24 hours...this thread got more than 300 views, and already 44 replies.
I wonder why.

MUHAHAHAHAH, it's working....they flock to the controversy....my evil plan is working...exsssscellent.

nell67
11-14-2007, 05:44 PM
thank you very much ma'am..

YOur welcome.

Was I being catty.......?:D

owl_girl
11-14-2007, 05:57 PM
Nell I wasn’t exactly aiming my comment at trax or anyone specifically, just a joke off his comment. Sorry if I looked like I was stepping on your turf lol :o.
Sorry if I disturbed you trex.

trax
11-14-2007, 06:07 PM
Nell I wasn’t exactly aiming my comment at trax or anyone specifically, just a joke off his comment. Sorry if I looked like I was stepping on your turf lol :o.
Sorry if I disturbed you trex.

no worries, can nell borrow that whip?

owl_girl
11-14-2007, 06:09 PM
Lol I’m not gona want it back.

Sarge47
11-14-2007, 06:21 PM
1st, I never used the word "Ban", I said "Block". and, I personally warned you with a light infraction that you openly mocked. Why would I want to speak to you any further? 3rd, you just turned on Chris, bad move. You say you're going to leave after this thread is done, well son, it's done, as are you. Say G'bye. Let's see if you can really be a man of your word. I don't think you'll leave, I think you'll always want the last word. You're acting like a spoiled child who wants his way but can't get it.:cool:

trax
11-14-2007, 06:22 PM
guess no campfire singing huh?

Chris
11-14-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm a fan of "The Art of War"

The methods within it are specific to warfare, but the concepts illustrated by those methods can be applied to any struggle or task.