PDA

View Full Version : What did you get for Christmas.....????

Sourdough
12-25-2009, 08:08 AM
OK, What did you get from Santa or Loved ones......? What did you get?

Pal334
12-25-2009, 08:17 AM
Some big smiles from kids last night as I passed out the last of the wooden trucks I made. Was priceless. And of course the normal socks, t shirts, out landish ties :) Has been fun, the best to come when I go see the grand kids and god sons this morning

Winnie
12-25-2009, 08:18 AM
Almost everthing that I asked for and for that I am very grateful. Most importantly, Winnie jnr and I are spending Christmas together..... Didn't get the new woolly hat, but I did get the white Christmas I've been asking for, for years!
Hope you're not having one of your friends FOR dinner!LOL

nell67
12-25-2009, 09:09 AM
T-Fal cookware set,a food dehydrater,a Black Cherry scented candle,gift cards,and the Amish have been bringing goodies over for 2 days,what an awesome bunch of cooks,my favorite so far has been the sugar cookies,and the rice krispie treats smothered in caramel! Got a pie in the fridge one of them made and it is being added to the dessert list for today!

oly
12-25-2009, 09:34 AM
It didn't come in yet, hardwood flooring, soar back and knees.

crashdive123
12-25-2009, 10:12 AM
Good health and good friends. I hope you all enjoy the same.

mountain mama
12-25-2009, 10:15 AM
So far I am enjoying the silence before the children waken. Santa finished his job. Now the tree is lit, there's a fire roaring in the fire place, soft Christmas music playing softly in the background, and PEACE abounds.

red lake
12-25-2009, 10:38 AM
I got a "Holy Crap" from son #2 when he opened his gift and "Awesome" from the son #2 when he opened his.

For me I get most of my own stuff.

2005 Ski-Doo Expedition
2009 Yamaha Bravo - Brand New
Ice Fishing Tent
Ice Fishing Rod plus accesories
New Modular Helmut for the snow machine
Ostrom Wabakimi Pack, scored with this one. $468 new but I git a used one a few days before Christmas for $275. Used ones never show up for sale anywhere!

Sleds are more of a family gift but they sure are fun! Let it snow, let it snow!

2dumb2kwit
12-25-2009, 11:02 AM
Good health and good friends. I hope you all enjoy the same.

Yep...that's what it's all about, right there.

I got a pair of fleece lined jeans. My first pair. Of course it's gonna be in the 50's today, so I guess I'll just have to wait on some cooler weather, to try 'em out.:blushing:

tonester
12-25-2009, 02:43 PM
my fiance got me a beautiful mother of pearl barlow knife from great eastern cutlery! now i know how a girl feels when she get jewelry!

huntermj
12-25-2009, 04:39 PM
My family stopped giving gifts to each other.years ago,. but Santa bought me a remote car starter for the subzero mournings.

wareagle69
12-25-2009, 04:53 PM
new tatoo and a new job

2dumb2kwit
12-25-2009, 05:48 PM
new tatoo and a new job

Details man, details! What's been going on?:smash:

redwoodfox
12-25-2009, 06:55 PM
wife bought me a K-Bar heavy bowie.. and uhhh..well she might get mad if i say what else she gave me :innocent:

Camp10
12-25-2009, 07:04 PM
Santa sent a drill doctor my way! I also found a new kodak camera under the tree! Best of all though, I was able to have a nice, relaxing day with my brother and his family...great gift getting a hug from the nieces!

NightShade
12-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Most precious was the days spent with the family!... Under the tree at my house and my parents I was blessed with cash, books, booze, and chocolate!
Does it get any better?... Oh yeah, toss sum fishing lures in the mix! Man... Sittin' here countin' my blessings!

Rick
12-25-2009, 08:23 PM
I had a few moments alone to say Happy Birthday. I did get a few items but the kids have standing orders not to buy me anything. There really isn't anything I need or want. So a house full of kids and grand kids. A wonderful meal (ham, mmmmmmm) and played a few games. Lot's of laughs and at the end of the day a lot of I love you's. Yeah, pretty spectacular day all around.

oly
12-25-2009, 08:31 PM
I did get a few items but the kids have standing orders not to buy me anything. .

They never listen do they, I did get a shirt that says this is what a proud grandpa looks like.

nell67
12-25-2009, 08:43 PM
I got to relax today,while the daughter inlaw fixed dinner.....it was good,really,her first ever attempt and she did well.

I got to play with the grandaughter,who had a blast with the wrapping paper,and the grandson,who got a lot of neat stuff...and a purple tea set courtesy of his other mamaw,gggrrrrrrr don't know what she was thinking.

Rick
12-25-2009, 08:48 PM
What? I got a purple tea set when I was a kid. He'll be fine. Look at me.

nell67
12-25-2009, 08:51 PM
What? I got a purple tea set when I was a kid. He'll be fine. Look at me.

Oh great,now why does that scare me to death????

Rick
12-25-2009, 08:52 PM
Oooh. Gotcha. I think an intervention might be in order.

nell67
12-25-2009, 08:57 PM
Oooh. Gotcha. I think an intervention might be in order.

yup,yup, I forsee lots of fishing trips,and taking him out hunting ginseng,he is old enough!

rwc1969
12-25-2009, 09:01 PM
Didn't expect to get nuthin' but, the ex and her kids got me a 5 gallon bucket wrap around ice fishin/ tool belt pouch thingee, fleece blanket, pez and santa dispenser, chocolates, and I think that's about it. Oh yeah, a big dinner w' family and friends, spiral honey baked ham. :tongue_smilie:

and one of them hunter's orange bean bag seat cushion thingees too.

crashdive123
12-25-2009, 09:12 PM
That's what she's worried about.

oldsoldier
12-25-2009, 09:39 PM
Wife got me a Rolex daytona hunter in black chrome, 3 good survival books, the new coleman folding camp sink I've had my eye on. Mom got me a $100.00 Gander mountian gift card, sister and brother in law got me a Colt fred carter custom tanto necklace knife with 5" blade, Mom in law gave me $50.00 cash. I guess I was a good boy after all :innocent: But most important after all was the time spent with the one's I love, Continued good health and being richly blessed with all the good friends I have made here.

Rick
12-26-2009, 09:14 AM
OS - If you sent those paired 1911s by registered mail please check on them. They have not reached me yet and I'm starting to get a bit concerned. By the way, thanks.

Rick
12-26-2009, 09:15 AM
Isn't today National Return the Stuff That Doesn't Fit day?

your_comforting_company
12-26-2009, 09:52 AM
I got meatloaf and mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie and a tummyache from eating too much. fellowship with the family, and a nice stroll through the woods. took some neat fungus pictures.

I must've been really bad this year. I didn't get any presents, but that meatloaf was delicious!

Ole WV Coot
12-26-2009, 12:08 PM
Every day above ground is a good one. I got to spend the day with my Mom & Dad. At my age having dinner with them and my wife is a real blessing. I didn't need or want anything material, got stuff anyway. Stuff don't mean much, have too much to be thankful for.

oldsoldier
12-26-2009, 05:32 PM
OS - If you sent those paired 1911s by registered mail please check on them. They have not reached me yet and I'm starting to get a bit concerned. By the way, thanks.
WHAT??? You mean crash didn't tell ya' I sent them to him??

doug1980
12-26-2009, 05:47 PM
Well I got:
SOG Seal Pup Knife
Wool Socks
Gloves and a Beanie
2 Long Sleeved Indianapolis Colts Shirts
Peyton Manning Authentic Jersey
Madden '10 for PlayStation
and some other stuff

crashdive123
12-26-2009, 06:31 PM
WHAT??? You mean crash didn't tell ya' I sent them to him??

And they are SAWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Rick
12-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Dang it!! This new ban button Chris gave me isn't working. Oh, wait. There's a wire loose. Hang on.

oldsoldier
12-26-2009, 09:16 PM
Dang it!! This new ban button Chris gave me isn't working. Oh, wait. There's a wire loose. Hang on.

:sleeping::laugh:

finallyME
12-28-2009, 02:37 PM
klean kanteen knockoff
coleman 115 lumen headlamp
sorels
a goofy tie from my 4 yr old daughter. I asked why she got that one, she said cause it looked funny. I wore it yesterday to church.

I was able to make one toy each for each kid. They were all made from wood. The boys got jet fighters with detachable missiles. The 4 yr old girl got a baby cradle (my wife sanded and painted it pink and the sewed a blanket and matress for it). And the oldest 8 yr old girl got a wooden weaving loom. She didn't know what it was at first, and was a little disappointed with getting a wooden square. But, when I showed her what it is used for, and how to work it, she loved it and has been using it. Wooden toys are so much better.

Rick
12-28-2009, 05:49 PM
That's super!! And...not only are they great toys but they will get passed down to future generations with stories like, "My dad made this", "My grandpa made this", "My great...."

Good for you!!!

mountain mama
12-28-2009, 06:09 PM
my fiance got me a beautiful mother of pearl barlow knife from great eastern cutlery! now i know how a girl feels when she get jewelry!

I can tell you exactly how a girl feels! Well, I didn't get it for Christmas exactly, but my anniversary is only 3 days away and I got my gift early....a new upgraded wedding ring (the diamond fell out of my ring a year and a half ago and I've been making payments on a replacement for a couple of months now).

For X-mas, my parents gave me a new leather office chair (which I am now comfortably sitting in) and my husband is currently installing keyless entry and start in my car.

The little guy was pretty pleased with his haul until he broke most of his new toys (remote control car and helicopter). Next year he gets his first pellet gun (gotta wait until he turns 8). The pre-teen got a new bicycle and the teen got an ipod auxillary port and keyfob for her vehicle.

I made a wonderful ham for Christmas dinner, complete with baked sweet potatoes and green beans. I'm now using the ham bone with beans and will complete the meal with corn bread for dinner tonight. Yummmmm

laughingbeetle
12-28-2009, 06:41 PM
i got lots of snow, and good times...all is well...:)

Rick
12-28-2009, 07:23 PM
WW - I deboned the ham and we'll use it for ham and beans on New Years Day. My mom always said if you start the year with a sparse dinner then you'll be well fed through out the year. It's worked so far so we'll have them on 1/1!.

Camp10
12-28-2009, 07:32 PM
WW - I deboned the ham and we'll use it for ham and beans on New Years Day. My mom always said if you start the year with a sparse dinner then you'll be well fed through out the year. It's worked so far so we'll have them on 1/1!.

I've never heard of that tradition. I also eat very little on new years day but for a different reason!:wine:

Rick
12-28-2009, 07:41 PM
I gave that up years ago. Well, okay, there was that one New Years that I did the lemon drops with my co-worker's wife until after midnight but my wife was there, I swear and so was her husband. Honest!

mountain mama
12-28-2009, 08:33 PM
We always start the new year with black eyed peas (the food, not the musical group)

mountain mama
12-28-2009, 08:34 PM
http://www.epicurious.com/articlesguides/holidays/newyearsday/luckyfoods

mountain mama
12-28-2009, 08:38 PM
Hoppin' John Recipe

Ingredients
2 tablespoons butter
1 small onion, chopped
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
Garlic powder
2 cups black-eye peas, cooked
2 cups cooked rice
House Seasoning, recipe follows
8 sprigs fresh parsley, for garnish
Directions
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic powder, to taste, and cook for 5 minutes. Add peas and rice and cook an additional 10 to 15 minutes. Be careful not to overcook; this dish is best if the bell pepper and onion still have a crunch to them. Add House Seasoning, to taste. Garnish each serving with sprig of parsley.

House Seasoning:

1 cup salt

1/4 cup black pepper

1/4 cup garlic powder

Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.

canid
12-28-2009, 09:32 PM
i got a nice heatgun, which i'm already putting to great use, a nice gift certificate, which i've already used to get more sandpaper, sanding belts, epoxy, a smooth mill file, etc.

i also got some cozy socks.

rwc1969
12-28-2009, 11:15 PM
Got myself a 10/22, gun cleaning supplies, magnesium fire starter, small cooking pot for camp and a bedmat.

canid
12-29-2009, 12:36 AM
i miss my 10/22 soooooooo badly.

congrats to the both of you. one of the best .22s on the market.

oldsoldier
12-29-2009, 07:47 AM
We always start the new year with black eyed peas (the food, not the musical group)

Yeah us as well. Seems to work. Over all we have had 9 prosperous and wonderful years.

Rick
12-29-2009, 08:56 AM
RWC - Congrats on the 10/22. Do yourself a favor and invest in an extended mag release if the new one doesn't have one. You won't regret it.

mountain mama
12-29-2009, 01:31 PM
Mountain Momma,

It has always been black eyed peas and cornbread for me.

sjj, out of curiosity and completely off-topic, but just how "far north" are you? Do you actually call it "corn bread" or do you refer to it as "johnny cake"?