PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Knives Saved

Rick
12-22-2009, 06:46 PM
Of all the dirty, low down things. The U.S. Customs tried to reclassify any knife that could be opened with one hand as a switchblade. That's just about every folder made today! The good news is Sens. John Cornyn (R. Texas), Mark Pryor (D - Ark) and Orin Hatch (R-Utah) successfully blocked the attempt by adding an amendment to the Homeland Security appropriations bill to protect the use of pocketknives. Apparently it was signed into law in October. I hadn't even seen anything on it.

Good to see a bi-partisan effort as blocking the jerks. Excellent that they use the Homeland Security bill to do it (oh, the irony).

The heathens are at every turn.

Camp10
12-22-2009, 06:53 PM
I had been following this fairly closely when it was going through the process. What a dirty trick and they tried to sneak it through without it getting noticed but Blade magazine's staff and the NRA both picked up on it and made some noise. Good thing there are people paying attention!

panch0
12-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Yup, I sent letters to my Senators, and didn't recieve any replies. I am glad that this was defeated.

SARKY
12-22-2009, 09:36 PM
I'll tell you Rick, and i know you don't want any politics on the forum, but take a close look at obama's administration.... his homies if you will. They are the worst pieces of liberal crapper heads if have ever seen given power in this country. Only 8% of his homies have ever worked in the private sector (that means that 92% have been leachs, sucking on the taxpayer teat!)

Rick
12-22-2009, 09:41 PM
We have crapper heads around here, too. And a few water moccasins.

Ole WV Coot
12-22-2009, 10:46 PM
I'll tell you Rick, and i know you don't want any politics on the forum, but take a close look at obama's administration.... his homies if you will. They are the worst pieces of liberal crapper heads if have ever seen given power in this country. Only 8% of his homies have ever worked in the private sector (that means that 92% have been leachs, sucking on the taxpayer teat!)

That isn't politics, I don't read anything in the post that's the least bit controversial except that 8% is a little high. Now my opinion I will keep to myself:innocent:WV & KY were the first two states to report in on the wrong side of the fence.:sneaky2:

glockcop
12-24-2009, 06:34 AM

You hit the nail on the head, Sarky. Well put.

pocomoonskyeyes
12-24-2009, 09:06 AM
There is another organization that deserves some credit for helping to save one of the oldest TOOLS known to man. The Organization is American Knife and Tool Institute or AKTI. This is their website.
http://www.akti.org/

Now something on this Topic that I am kinda' sorta' glad about. There is a Pawnshop that I visit fairly regularly that gets knives that are Taken at airports. These are sold really cheap(compared to what you would pay retail), while I don't agree that someone is making money from confiscated knives,I think it better than them being destroyed. I bought 2 SAK's for $20. Yes they had some wear,but were in really good shape!

Winnie
12-24-2009, 02:15 PM
You guys keep fightin' you know what it's like over here! I'd hate to see you all in the same boat.

Survival Guy 10
12-24-2009, 03:34 PM
the 90 10 rule 90% of people get some kind of assistance form the gov only 10% dont

crashdive123
12-24-2009, 07:20 PM
The rest get an allowance from their parents.:lol: