PDA

View Full Version : question about friends

chiangmaimav
12-22-2009, 12:47 AM
I am sure this is a stupid question but I have to admit I am very ignorant about internet stuff. I received 2 friend requests. I would gladly have these people as frinends but am not sure what to do or what this involves. I clicked yes button and also wrote names in and sent them. However could you tell me what this means and what is difference between friends and contacts. Thank you.

crashdive123
12-22-2009, 01:00 AM
Well, now you have a third request coming in. Basically a contact is a one way friend request where you have put somebody on your list, but you are not on theirs. A friend is a two way contact where you are on each others lists. Where friends and contacts can be used - you can choose to only allow friends and contacts to view your albums, or you can make them public for all to see. I'm sure that there are some other features as well. One that I use is when you "view who is on-line" you will see a list of member names that are logged on. Those on your contact/friend list have a little + next to their name. It's an easy way to quickly identify somebody that you know on-line. As the forum grows and there are a few hundred people on-line, you can quickly pick out the +'s.

Sourdough
12-22-2009, 03:38 AM
And just like in real life, if you change, (for example your name), all your friends are gone, it is so sad. O'yes they will tell you Chris can make them all reappear, but Alas it never happens. "The winters must be very cold for those with no warm memories".

Rick
12-22-2009, 06:19 AM
Fortunately, that only occurs when we have to put someone in the "Forum Protection Program". We generally give them a new name and set them in up in a brand new place on the forum. In the most severe cases, we even assign them new wilderness interests. Some folks have a past, you know, so fagetaboutit. I mean......

crashdive123
12-22-2009, 09:08 AM
Fortunately, that only occurs when we have to put someone in the "Forum Protection Program". We generally give them a new name and set them in up in a brand new place on the forum. In the most severe cases, we even assign them new wilderness interests. Some folks have a past, you know, so fagetaboutit. I mean......

Yeah right........and I suppose this Forum Protection Program, in an effort to truly disguise the identity of all that enter, would take a rugged outdoors-man and do something like put him in a place with clean sheets and television.

Come on Rick. There are only so many things that we will believe.

Sourdough
12-22-2009, 10:03 AM
WOW, just like that I got 2 dozen friends, that I had lost. Happy days are here again, the skies above are clear again. Thank you everyone. Thank you Rick.

crashdive123
12-22-2009, 10:04 AM
You never lost em, that's for sure.

Camp10
12-22-2009, 03:38 PM
WOW, just like that I got 2 dozen friends, that I had lost. Happy days are here again, the skies above are clear again. Thank you everyone. Thank you Rick.

It's a Christmas miracle!:)

Ole WV Coot
12-22-2009, 05:23 PM
Just a personal opinion but that high living has kinda gone to your head and made you a little lightheaded. Guess old friends are forgotten when you move up the social ladder. Such is life I guess.

Rick
12-22-2009, 06:32 PM
At this point I think he and the geese are all lined up on the couch eating popcorn and watching AFLAC commercials. The geese all applaud when the duck comes on.

Swamprat1958
12-22-2009, 11:33 PM
The geese all applaud when the duck comes on.

Well at least something is not tired of seeing that !@#$ duck:online2long:

hunter63
12-23-2009, 02:56 PM
I glad this was brought up, as I too have had a few "friends" requests, which was rather flattering,.... so I said sure, cool, but didn't really know what to do next?
Actually I consider every one here a friend, and it seems a lot of us a like minded.

That said, I hope I didn't "step in it" with any of the requests.....just a MR. Dumas, I guess.