PDA

View Full Version : Popups

Chris
12-01-2009, 01:36 PM
I made the decision today to remove the popups from the main site. Let me know if you still see any so I can track it down.

Note... floating/expandable/layer fancy schmancy ads are still possible, just the ones that actually open up a new window are not.

Of course, the site still needs to pay the bills and whatnot. So please remember the existence of the forum shopping mall at the bottom of the forum list, since most of you will be shopping right now anyways.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/index.php

Bladen
12-01-2009, 02:01 PM
hey hey,
thanks for trying to keep the site looking slick.

take care,

Old GI
12-01-2009, 03:00 PM
The only pop-ups I know about are targets, You don't get rid of them, just repair after shooting. Oh, you mean ........ :blushing:

Sourdough
12-01-2009, 03:22 PM
What pop-ups......

Rick
12-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Some sites have a window that opens when you access the site. Some have a lot that open. They "pop-up". Technically, there are pop overs and pop unders but that's a whole other ball game. Anyway, they can be annoying and most browsers have a setting that allows you to prevent them. If you don't see other screens opening when you surf the web then your browser is problem preventing them from opening. If it does, then you will generally see a yellow bar across the top of the browser that let's you choose what options you want for a particular web site.