PDA

View Full Version : Glock Owners Sound Off!

TangoFoxtrot
11-17-2009, 08:01 PM
Glock Owners Sound Off! Which models do you own?

I own models in 9mm, .40 S&W and .45ACP ..NO not GAP ..ACP
G17 G22 G21
G19 G23 G30
G34

klkak
11-17-2009, 10:53 PM
I have a Glock 23. I feed it 180gr. Winchester SXT's

glockcop
11-18-2009, 02:24 AM
17, 19, 22, 23, 26, 27, 21, 30, 34. The compact 23 and 19 are the most versitile combat pistols on the planet. The 34 is just plain and simply easy to hit with. The 21 and 30 are more accurate than a combat pistol has business being. The 26 and 27 are just sooo easy to carry all day. The 17 is combat pistol perfection. The 22 is America's Police side arm of choice for damn good reason....It like all Glocks work EVERY TIME no matter what! That about sums it up. Ya'll stay safe.

P.S. If you do not own a Glock, get one (or two) NOW and you'll thank me later.

Pal334
11-18-2009, 06:38 AM
17, 19, 22, 23, 26, 27, 21, 30, 34. The compact 23 and 19 are the most versitile combat pistols on the planet. The 34 is just plain and simply easy to hit with. The 21 and 30 are more accurate than a combat pistol has business being. The 26 and 27 are just sooo easy to carry all day. The 17 is combat pistol perfection. The 22 is America's Police side arm of choice for damn good reason....It like all Glocks work EVERY TIME no matter what! That about sums it up. Ya'll stay safe.

P.S. If you do not own a Glock, get one (or two) NOW and you'll thank me later.

A blasphemist post:innocent:

Pict
11-18-2009, 07:10 AM
I have a 1st Generation 17 that is still going strong and a 19. I can recall one jam with my G17, it choked on some 95 grain reloads that wouldn't cycle. Other than that and some Egyptian SMG ammo we couldn't get to go off in any handgun (rock hard open bolt primers) it has eaten everything I've fed it with no complaints.

Mac

your_comforting_company
11-18-2009, 07:54 AM
Glock 22 .40 S&W
full clip of hollow points and a full clip of wad-cutters.

this is a death machine; bullet goes in the size of your pinky and comes out the size of a softball.
try and mug me... just go ahead and try...

Sourdough
11-18-2009, 08:44 AM
G35 and G24C (They are "Two'Baggers" they are Sooooo Ugly).

glockcop
11-18-2009, 10:17 AM
A blasphemist post:innocent:

Common Pal, we all know that is not blasphemis. I am spreading the good word of the combat pistol Gods. It is written in the "Glock Bible" aka "The truest book ever written". You mean to tell me you have not read it? Say two "our Father" and one "Hail Mary" and you will be forgiven. Now give in, buy a Glock, and your place at God's side will be reserved when your time comes. Who knows, with a Glock you just may live forever :). I know if you have the misfortune to die by violence it won't be because your Glock did not work when needed. OK....I'll say it, your 1911 is a good pistol too. Now happy :)? Stay safe, Brother.

Old GI
11-18-2009, 10:28 AM
I've already asked GC, do any of you Glock guys know anything about SK Industries in Anaheim that makes/sells the LAW-17 laser system for Glocks? I'm having trouble with the company.

glockcop
11-18-2009, 10:40 AM
I've already asked GC, do any of you Glock guys know anything about SK Industries in Anaheim that makes/sells the LAW-17 laser system for Glocks? I'm having trouble with the company.

Man, your still having problems with those clowns. Report your weapon stolen and then call them and inform them as such. That is if you can get through on the phone or email. Then call the ATF and let them know the stolen gun's whereabouts. That ought to get things cooking. You could also call their local juristiction LE agency and tell them it's location. I'm sure a judge would sign a search warrant in that case. Good luck.

Pal334
11-18-2009, 10:55 AM
Common Pal, we all know that is not blasphemis. I am spreading the good word of the combat pistol Gods. It is written in the "Glock Bible" aka "The truest book ever written". You mean to tell me you have not read it? Say two "our Father" and one "Hail Mary" and you will be forgiven. Now give in, buy a Glock, and your place at God's side will be reserved when your time comes. Who knows, with a Glock you just may live forever :). I know if you have the misfortune to die by violence it won't be because your Glock did not work when needed. OK....I'll say it, your 1911 is a good pistol too. Now happy :)? Stay safe, Brother.

Aah, I see there is a chance (very slim though it may be) that you will see the light :) THe "Glock Bible" is a "feeble" attempt to live up to the writings of our "savour" Mr Colt :) Silly fellow, look at the pictures, HE has a 1911 under his robes. I have had many opportunities to meet my maker and it is the 1911 that" carried the water" every time without a hiccup. But our differences are the type that keeps the economy strong :)

glockcop
11-18-2009, 11:05 AM
Aah, I see there is a chance (very slim though it may be) that you will see the light :) THe "Glock Bible" is a "feeble" attempt to live up to the writings of our "savour" Mr Colt :) Silly fellow, look at the pictures, HE has a 1911 under his robes. I have had many opportunities to meet my maker and it is the 1911 that" carried the water" every time without a hiccup. But our differences are the type that keeps the economy strong :)

Oh, I see that you still worship through the Old Testament. The New Testament corrects the wrongs and malfuctions of 100 year old mistakes :innocent:. I'm still just playing with Ya. Take care.

Pal334
11-18-2009, 11:10 AM
Oh, I see that you still worship through the Old Testament. The New Testament corrects the wrongs and malfuctions of 100 year old mistakes :innocent:. I'm still just playing with Ya. Take care.

Oh ye misguided one :) Take care

Rick
11-18-2009, 11:33 AM
I think ye need to start a glockcop vs. Pal thread.

glockcop
11-18-2009, 11:49 AM
I think ye need to start a glockcop vs. Pal thread.

Rick, we are just playing around with each other. I do enjoy the back and forth eye poking. Pretty fun I tell Ya. Pretty fun. Maybe a torture test of mud, sand, drop testing, freezing, corrosion resistance, run wet, run dry, you name it, ect. between his old 1911 and my Glock (the inarguable winner) will settle the durability and reliability debate for once and for all. :). Sill playing with Ya, Pal. I really don't want to mess up your antique pistol :tongue_smilie:. Ya'll take care.

Rick
11-18-2009, 12:01 PM
Whew! For a moment there I thought you were going to suggest that torture treatment for the two of you!

glockcop
11-18-2009, 12:08 PM
Whew! For a moment there I thought you were going to suggest that torture treatment for the two of you!

Naw, too old for that sh*t. I'm getting to be and antique too :). Best.

Old GI
11-18-2009, 12:27 PM
Man, your still having problems with those clowns. Report your weapon stolen and then call them and inform them as such. That is if you can get through on the phone or email. Then call the ATF and let them know the stolen gun's whereabouts. That ought to get things cooking. You could also call their local juristiction LE agency and tell them it's location. I'm sure a judge would sign a search warrant in that case. Good luck.

Commenced. Thanks.

Pal334
11-18-2009, 12:27 PM
Glock,, "I really don't want to mess up your antique pistol "If I may paraphrase Coots signature : Watch out for old folks (my words: and their old toys) :)

And a little "eye poking" keeps everyone honest :)

sgtdraino
11-19-2009, 01:31 AM
17, 19, 22, 23, 26, 27, 21, 30, 34. The compact 23 and 19 are the most versitile combat pistols on the planet.

My duty weapon is a 23, which I own. I would also like to get a 19 someday for sentimental reasons. I used to have a 27, which was an excellent firearm, but I ended up selling it for another firearm I wanted more.

TangoFoxtrot
11-21-2009, 06:57 PM
The Army should dump the M9 Berettas and switch to Glocks.

Pal334
11-21-2009, 07:02 PM
The Army should dump the M9 Berettas and switch to Glocks.

At the risk of giving Glockcop apoplexy, I have to agree a change is needed. That M9 sucks big time. In my opinion is even worse than the M15 S&W .38 revolver we in the USAF were issued for years. So in order to get rid of the Berreta, I would vote for a Glock if there was no chance of getting the manly 1911 re issued (sorry, could not let Glock cop think he converted me :) )

glockcop
11-23-2009, 12:44 PM
At the risk of giving Glockcop apoplexy, I have to agree a change is needed. That M9 sucks big time. In my opinion is even worse than the M15 S&W .38 revolver we in the USAF were issued for years. So in order to get rid of the Berreta, I would vote for a Glock if there was no chance of getting the manly 1911 re issued (sorry, could not let Glock cop think he converted me :) )

Pal, I would never try to convert you from your darling. Besides, my chidding excluded, the 1911 really is a good weapon anyway. You will not see the military go back to the 1911 because average joe soldier is not the most trainable monkey on the planet. The 1911 is just a little harder to learn. "Cocked and locked" with minimal training is SCAREY indead. I know the military mandates an empty chamber for carry but you know some jackhole will break the rules and blow a hole in his leg with a cocked and locked 1911. This is not going to surprise you but I disagree about the M9. I think it is a fine weapon that truth be told did just as well as the 1911 in mud/sand contaminate testing, and mean rounds between malfunctions done by the military back in the 80's. I said it before and here goes again...If the Glock was tested along side the other pistols in the military trials, our boys would be carrying polymer pitols today. The lack of an external safety ensured the Glock would not be allowed in the tests as mandated by military requirement. The recent problem with the M9 was that the military received some non mil spec mags from an independant vendor which clogged with sand. This problem has been resolved with modified FACTORY mags with a sand groove. The military reissued all FACTORY mags then pulled the NON factory (garbage) mags and the problem is history. Like anything else, once bad press hits a product's name, the sheeple can't get passed it. I fully understand that you will not agree :). And that is OK too. Stay safe, Brother.

Pal334
11-23-2009, 02:29 PM
BINGO!!!!! AGAIN :) "I fully understand that you will not agree "

Magazines are the least of its problems. Is garbage, beginning to end. I have said in the past that I qualify well with it, but would never rely on it. It is :innocent: So bad, I would even use a Glock before one!!!!!! (imagine that :) ) :innocent:

glockcop
11-23-2009, 03:48 PM
BINGO!!!!! AGAIN :) "I fully understand that you will not agree "

Magazines are the least of its problems. Is garbage, beginning to end. I have said in the past that I qualify well with it, but would never rely on it. It is :innocent: So bad, I would even use a Glock before one!!!!!! (imagine that :) ) :innocent:

To play The Devil's Advocate for a moment.....I wonder how the Beretta 92 beat out several major companies THREE times for the military contract? It beat those other companies THREE times with the 1911 used as a baseline. How could this be. I'll tell Ya how. The contract goes to the lowest bidder, right? Well the numbers on paper don't lie and it won plain and simple. It also just happened to cost the least amount. Does that in itself make it a bad weapon. NO. Even Ray Charles could see that! The Glock is unquestionably better with Sig every bit as good but it (the Beretta) is not a bad weapon obviously. This is a classic example of nearly 25 year old sour grapes. 1911 guys can't stand the fact that the 1911 was replaced by something at least as good as what the military already had. Certain military branches resisted the testing and even tried to "manipulate" the outcome. Well that didn't work either. The Beretta still won. It even won out over the 1911's baseline numbers and that is just hard to swallow. Even a quater of a centry later their feelings are still bruised. I know, I know. I was not there but the easily found records show the facts, conspiracies, and triumph behind the whole endevor. If we listen to all of the armchair warriors out there our military would still be using M1 Garand's and inaccurate, rusting single stack pistols with ammo (.45 acp FMJ) that won't penetrate auto glass reliably. Oooops. I forgot to mention the .45 acp won't reliably go through two car doors and the 9mm will. I've witnessed it on the street and in department ammo tests. The .45 acp is NOT very good at penetrating vehicles. Reminds me of why so many cops got away from it during Prohibition in favor of the .38 super (ballistric twin of 9mm plus P). Isn't that a MAJOR complaint in the sandbox. Ammo without enough penetration through medium barriers. Well I guess that's been fixed now too. For the record I like the 1911 just fine. Remember, I'm just playing the "advocate". The devil is now signing off :). Stay Safe, Brother.

P.S. The Beretta 92 fs is soooo bad that it was recently awarded another military contract for a half million more pistols. This is the largest small arms contract since WW2. This is all after several DOD investigations pushed through by a couple of Army Colonels with 25 year old sour grapes regarding complaints about the Beretta. The complaints were ultimately discovered to be unfounded or unreasonable. Man, that Beretta 92 FS sure is a sh*tty pistol. :)

aflineman
11-23-2009, 04:00 PM
I don't own a Glock. Grip angle just does not fit me. Always shoot the darn thing high. That is me and not the firearm. If I owned one, it would be the Glock 19. Good balance, nice size, and just plain works. As far as tools go, the Glock is the Estwing of firearms. Darn hard to break, but not for everyone.

Old GI
11-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Part of the story, GC. Politics played a VERY important part in the Beretta selection. Also, a significant portion of Spec Ops organizations are so impressed with the M9, they are going to the 45 ACP of various models.

glockcop
11-23-2009, 05:22 PM
Part of the story, GC. Politics played a VERY important part in the Beretta selection. Also, a significant portion of Spec Ops organizations are so impressed with the M9, they are going to the 45 ACP of various models.

I did say that I was playing "Devil's advocate". You say "part of the story"? Well here it is in it's entirety.... Nothing changes the FACT that the Beretta still scored better than the other guy's pistols including the 1911 (with exception to Sig Sauer who tied the Beretta scores). The Beretta still is, and will be for a long time, our broad scale military pistol no matter who does not like it. Sorry that is the way it is. The Beretta is a good pistol that has served our military well as witness by a half million MORE on order. The Beretta has survived futile attacks by biased military brass that want it gone for no other reason than, "it is not a 1911 .45". It survived those attacks and bogus complaints because it is unquestionably a reliable design. I hear the "1911 sour grapes" takes at least 100 years to get over. I don't think we will be around to see it :).

P.S. The move toward .45acp by some "special ops" groups has very little to do with the Beretta design but much more to do with their dislike for the 9mm FMJ cartriage. The .45 FMJ will also not impress them in the end. They unwhitingly think "bigger is better". In reality all pistol rounds (FMJ in particular), whether measured in standard or metric, suck. Criminals rarely use expensive HP ammo. I have seen more than a few "gang bangers" soak up .45 FMJ loads from their enemies and still live to fight another day. "They all fall to .45 ball"......Bullsh*t! Nuff said.

Pal334
11-23-2009, 05:30 PM

Total agreement. Guess it is a "house" with many rooms. Serious people WITH A CHOICE in combat situations do pick the .45 even in FMJ . It just works, and will be my choice again as it has been for 30 plus years if the need arises. The debate will never be resolved, so once again lets agree to disagree.

I hear the "1911 sour grapes" takes at least 100 years to get over. No sour grapes here, I vote with something nearand dear to me, "my butt" :)

glockcop
11-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Total agreement. Guess it is a "house" with many rooms. Serious people WITH A CHOICE in combat situations do pick the .45 even in FMJ . It just works, and will be my choice again as it has been for 30 plus years if the need arises. The debate will never be resolved, so once again lets agree to disagree.

I hear the "1911 sour grapes" takes at least 100 years to get over. No sour grapes here, I vote with something nearand dear to me, "my butt" :)

Pal, "serious people with a choice"? I like to think that being a Police Detective is serious. As a firearm instructor and Detective I can carry whatever I want. I am not so clouded as to think the .45 is the end all, do all of combat cartriages. The fact is that NO combat pistol caliber is the better in a fight than another. As an example I have seen .45 and just about all pistol ammo fail on the street. "Gang bangers" are no more dead when they are hit with a well placed shot from a .45 than from a 9mm. I have seen more than a few "gagstas" take .45 ACP FMJ rounds and live. 9mm as a matter of FACT penetrates car bodies and auto glass much better than .45 ACP. A State Trooper buddy of mine shot at a perp inside a vehicle seven times with only two penetrating the glass. A Deputy with a 9mm ended the fight with all three of his shots penetrating the glass and killing the perp. We and other departments have gotten very similar ammo test results. "Caliber love" reflects personal bias, NOT fact. It is your right to carry whatever caliber you want for no other reason than it makes you feel more safe. I, on the other hand, know they ALL fail. I will not lay the "My caliber is better than your caliber" blanket down. The .45 ACP is not the rule and 9mm is not a weaker sibling. Reread the "PS" from my previous post. For those that think the 1911 is better than the Beretta and say "The 1911 has protected my a$$ for xxx years". Well that is not a vindication for the 1911's outdated design. Jesse James said that his gun "protected his a$$ for xxx years" too. Jessie's Colt SAA and the 1911 are both in fact outdated designs no matter how many years they "protected a$$es". Stay safe.

TangoFoxtrot
11-23-2009, 07:30 PM
Hey Pal334, Once you go Glock you'll never go back! Come to the dark side!

Pal334
11-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Hey Pal334, Once you go Glock you'll never go back! Come to the dark side!

Naah,, too old to want to change. Besides, who is going to tweak Glockcop and the other kids?:sailor:.

glockcop
11-23-2009, 08:37 PM
Naah,, too old to want to change. Besides, who is going to tweak Glockcop and the other kids?:sailor:.

We love ya just like you are. Don't change a thing Pal. Don't worry about me though. I have outgrown a baby sitter and learned a few things along the way. Especially from the baby sitter:).

xj2000
11-25-2009, 08:39 PM
I love Glocks. At one point I had a G22 and two G27s, but traded one of the 27s. So now i'm just down to the 22 and 27. But they're great guns.

glockcop
11-25-2009, 09:08 PM
I love Glocks. At one point I had a G22 and two G27s, but traded one of the 27s. So now i'm just down to the 22 and 27. But they're great guns.

You ,my friend, are obviously a wise man :). If you ever have a few extra bucks to spend on a pistol, I also recommend you try Glock's prettier sister....The Sig 220/226/229. After 15 plus years as a LE firearms instructor, a few hundred thousand rounds, and a few hundred cadets later I can confidently say that these are the two absolute BEST combat pistols in the world, PERIOD! They don't ever break and rarely, if ever, malfunction NO MATTER the conditions. Accept no substitute. Your life is worth the best the firearms industry has to offer. Stay safe.

Rick
11-25-2009, 09:10 PM
But what he didn't say, GC, is that he prefers an outstanding 911 to a great Glock.

xj2000
11-25-2009, 09:14 PM
You ,my friend, are obviously a wise man :). If you ever have a few extra bucks to spend on a pistol, I also recommend you try Glock's prettier sister....The Sig 220/226/229. After 15 plus years as a LE firearms instructor, a few hundred thousand rounds, and a few hundred cadets later I can confidently say that these are the two absolute BEST combat pistols in the world, PERIOD! They don't ever break and rarely, if ever, malfunction. Accept no substitute. Your life is worth the best the firearms industry has to offer. Stay safe.

Well, thank you for the compliment but, I have to respectfully disagree with you on the sigs. I also work in law enforcement and i'll tell ya, not many guys carry sigs on or off duty at my department at least. I have fired a sig, and it wouldn't stop jamming. Then again, it was only one sig i shot, so i could be wrong.

Beo
11-25-2009, 09:17 PM
I happen to own a Glock 22 .40 and it's a good weapon. Although I don't swear by it, it does do the job and take a beating. I simply prefer the H&K USP .40 or my all time favorite the standard Colt Competition .45 as my first choice. I also prefer nothing smaller than a .40 as I want the muzzle velocity to knock Johnny Bad Guy on his azz and never get back up. But thats just me.
My next handgun will be the FN Five Seven, it's 5.7 x 28mm and a real great weapon. I have shot the crap outta the one we have at work and it is the next best thing to an H&K I have found. We beat the snot outta the thing and kept going and didn't clean until it stove piped on the 238th round, no crap!
Only thing is the smaller caliber that gets me but it went through one of our old duty vests at fifty feet, nice for us but bad if the Johnny Bad Guys have them. Of course I can hit what I aim at though.
Beo,

glockcop
11-25-2009, 09:22 PM
But what he didn't say, GC, is that he prefers an outstanding 911 to a great Glock.

Hey Rick, I love the joking around but to each his own. I know the only two pistols in the world I have absolute trust in have "Glock" or "Sig" on the slide. I will recommend, but never tell someone what to carry (with the exception of my rookies of course). My life is worth the best :).

xj2000
11-25-2009, 09:25 PM

911s are great firearms, I prefer my Glock though.

Beo
11-25-2009, 09:30 PM
not many guys carry sigs on or off duty at my department at least. I have fired a sig, and it wouldn't stop jamming.

Heck at least it sounds like you can choose in your department, here in the Sheriff's Office we are issued a S&W .40,,,,, what a hunk of crap.

xj2000
11-25-2009, 09:43 PM
Heck at least it sounds like you can choose in your department, here in the Sheriff's Office we are issued a S&W .40,,,,, what a hunk of crap.

Yes, we can choose, as long as it's double action only. But they will issue. We have S&W 4046s at the moment, but we just got a shipment of M&Ps. The general consensus is that the M&Ps are good guns. So we'll see.

Beo
11-25-2009, 09:46 PM
We have the S&W 4046s here, hate that hunk of tin piece of crap, although I shoot either 98 or 99% everytime at the range and know my weapon I and most of us hate the thing.
Man I can remember the days we carried what we wanted... sure do miss those days.
Beo,

xj2000
11-25-2009, 09:51 PM
the general opinion is 4046s are crap, but some guys in the sheriff's office love them, and like you say, they shoot good with them. It's all a matter of opinion i think.

Beo
11-25-2009, 09:58 PM
Yup.......

glockcop
11-25-2009, 09:59 PM
The S&W third generation autos are very reliable and very heavy weapons. If you can take the weight there really is nothing wrong with it. As a rookie I carried a 4006 and it is one of the most pleasant pistols around to shoot because of the weight. Damned fine weapon I tell ya, Damned fine weapon. S&W discontinued the all stainless autos because of cost, no other reason. Thay are great pistols and love the 4 stainless Smith auto's I own. They will never be for sale. Best.

glockcop
11-25-2009, 10:10 PM
Well, thank you for the compliment but, I have to respectfully disagree with you on the sigs. I also work in law enforcement and i'll tell ya, not many guys carry sigs on or off duty at my department at least. I have fired a sig, and it wouldn't stop jamming. Then again, it was only one sig i shot, so i could be wrong.

Most LE's are not gun guy's so they don't carry anything but the "issue weapon". That reason and high cost keep the Sig out of the holsters of alot of cops. You must have gotten the only jamming Sig on the planet. I personally have never met one. Hundreds of thousands of rounds and a few hundred pistols have proven this to me over and over. As reliable as tax season. Sigs and Glocks flat out shoot anything (garbage reloads included). I don't question your bad experience but you should try another Sig one day. I bet my third born son that it will perform with utter reliability. I also agree that the H&H USP (I own two presently) is a fine weapon which rests solidly third in line of today's most reliable auto's. Stay safe.

PS Most cops that wine about S&W 3rd generation stainless auto's are not unhappy with it's reliability or shootability but rather it's heavy weight. All you LE's forced to carry a S&W 4006 or 4046 can rest assured that you are well armed. Those suckers will outlast your career. Nearly indestructable, ball bearing tough. Trust me. In the unlikely event you have one that jams, change your recoil spring and mag springs to restore it to a highly reliable condition. It's that easy. Be safe.

Beo
11-25-2009, 10:35 PM
Most LE's are not gun guy's so they don't carry anything but the "issue weapon". That reason and high cost keep the Sig out of the holsters of alot of cops. You must have gotten the only jamming Sig on the planet. I personally have never met one. Hundreds of thousands of rounds and a few hundred pistols have proven this to me over and over. As reliable as tax season. Sigs and Glocks flat out shoot anything (garbage reloads included). I don't question your bad experience but you should try another Sig one day. I bet my third born son that it will perform with utter reliability. I also agree that the H&H USP (I own two presently) is a fine weapon which rests solidly third in line of today's most reliable auto's. Stay safe.

PS Most cops that wine about S&W 3rd generation stainless auto's are not unhappy with it's reliability or shootability but rather it's heavy weight. All you LE's forced to carry a S&W 4006 or 4046 can rest assured that you are well armed. Those suckers will outlast your career. Nearly indestructable, ball bearing tough. Trust me. In the unlikely event you have one that jams, change your recoil spring and mag springs to restore it to a highly reliable condition. It's that easy. Be safe.

I cosign on that, it is so true. But I do happen to be one of the few cops who is a gun guy. In the end it is what each person prefers. Personally I would and have staked my life on my H&K USP and feel it is the best weapon hands down, but again that is my opinion and liking, a person will shoot and like what they like so it is what it is, opinion. But the Glocks and Sig's are great weapons.

Beo,

glockcop
11-25-2009, 11:29 PM
I cosign on that, it is so true. But I do happen to be one of the few cops who is a gun guy. In the end it is what each person prefers. Personally I would and have staked my life on my H&K USP and feel it is the best weapon hands down, but again that is my opinion and liking, a person will shoot and like what they like so it is what it is, opinion. But the Glocks and Sig's are great weapons.

Beo,

Hey Brother you should definately carry what you like and trust. I have no argument over your choice with the H&K. It is one of my favorite pistols. Not long ago I started a thread about it. It will definately be good to you. Glock, Sig, & HK are like Ford, Chevy,and Dodge. Nowadays they are all really good. Just pick from the top three trucks/pistols on earth and there are no bad choices IMO. I have also and will continue to stake my life on the "Top Three" ever made. I carry Glock and Sig most often but my HK's get out pretty often too. Be safe.

glockcop
11-26-2009, 01:24 AM
I happen to own a Glock 22 .40 and it's a good weapon. Although I don't swear by it, it does do the job and take a beating. I simply prefer the H&K USP .40 or my all time favorite the standard Colt Competition .45 as my first choice. I also prefer nothing smaller than a .40 as I want the muzzle velocity to knock Johnny Bad Guy on his azz and never get back up. But thats just me.
My next handgun will be the FN Five Seven, it's 5.7 x 28mm and a real great weapon. I have shot the crap outta the one we have at work and it is the next best thing to an H&K I have found. We beat the snot outta the thing and kept going and didn't clean until it stove piped on the 238th round, no crap!
Only thing is the smaller caliber that gets me but it went through one of our old duty vests at fifty feet, nice for us but bad if the Johnny Bad Guys have them. Of course I can hit what I aim at though.
Beo,

The Five Seven is a beautiful weapon if you are Stevie Wonder :). They look like a mutant. Looks aside, 238 rounds and a stove pipe is P*ss poor reliability. Anything short of taking an 8 lb maul to it should not have caused an $890.00 weapon to stop at 238 rounds. Hell, a piece of sh*t $149.00 High Point can do better. Not exactly bragging rights IMO. At 238 rounds a Glock or Sig is just warming up. I have a rule of thumb for pistols used for self defense. The pistol has to be reliable with a minimum of 500 rounds fired through it without cleaning and without malfunction to be "street worthy". I have used a Five Seven that belongs to a buddy of mine quit a bit. The ammo is really dirty and it penetrates car bodies terribly. Not to mention expensive. Shoot some water filled milk jugs. Talk about unimpressive. My .38 snub nose does much better. The Five Seven will not penetrate through to the third jug no matter what ammo you use. Stick with Glock, Sig or your HK, Brother. The HK is a better S/D or duty pistol IMO. Also, you say you don't want anything smaller than a .40 because you want the "muzzle velocity" to "knock" "Johnny Bad A$$". Well 9mm, 38 super, .357 mag, and .357 sig best the .40 in velocity all day long. Many .22 LR loads will best the .40 in velocity. I sure won't be carrying a .22 LR on my next "no knock warrant". Velocity is only about 1/3 of the equasion to stop a felon reliably. What point exactly are you trying to make about muzzle velocity? I believe you intended to site it's energy rather than it's "velocity". As common police calibers go, the .40 is very respectable in the energy department. I carry a 40 because that is the ammo I get for free not because of anything else. I can't beat the price though. Don't be fooled that it is "better" than the others. That my friend does not exist. Proclaiming one combat cartriage over another to be "best" is just a little too irrational for real life. Don't trust any of them to save your skin. We carry pistols because they are small and carryable. Bring a long arm when you head into trouble if ya have a choice. To think otherwise is not especially condusive to self preservation. Not Knocking your choice in rounds at all, just questioning your reasoning. I am also not intending to offend you either. Just don't fall for the gunshop, armchair allstar bullsh*t. Also, what has your Glock done to prevent you from "swearing by it"? 99.99% of the time Glock malfunctions are user induced IME. Stay safe, Brother.

chiye tanka
11-27-2009, 11:38 AM
Currently I own a 23 and 35.
I've owned 19, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 36.

crashdive123
11-27-2009, 06:57 PM
Currently I own a 23 and 35.
I've owned 19, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 36.

Got rid of the junk ones huh?:lol::lol::lol:

tacticalguy
11-30-2009, 08:31 PM
Compact 36

Huntinfool
12-03-2009, 01:26 AM
I have two G19s and two G21s with plenty of extra mags!

One is none two is one!

~HF~

cranky1
12-26-2009, 05:59 AM
17 9s beat 7 45s any day. did i say i like glocks? oh yea, i do.

Rick
12-26-2009, 08:44 AM
And the smallest amount of ammunition on you beats the largest amount at home. Did I mention an Introduction?

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7813

Pal334
12-26-2009, 06:41 PM
17 9s beat 7 45s any day. did i say i like glocks? oh yea, i do.

One hit beats 17 misses. To quote a famous shootist, No one has ever been killed by a loud noise :)

Sourdough
12-26-2009, 07:47 PM
No one has ever been killed by a loud noise

Clearly you have never been with-in a 1/2 mile of my ex-wife at the wrong time of the month..........:innocent:

glockcop
12-26-2009, 08:08 PM
One hit beats 17 misses. To quote a famous shootist, No one has ever been killed by a loud noise :)

Pal, if he misses 17 times he don't need a gun. He needs grenades :). Any way you look at it though 17 "chances" are way better than 7. If you walk into a crowded bar and proposition 17 women your chances of waking up in a warm bed with company are better than if you propositioned just 7 women. Think about it :). No, this is definately not gentilemanly behavior but your chances are still greater with 17 no matter how ya look at it. And yes, a miss is still a miss no matter how big or small the bullet. I train for accuracy but the laws of probability still apply. I DO NOT advocate "spray and pray" but there is no such thing as having too much money or too much ammo. The proof is in the fact that modern man does not go into harms way with a muzzle loader (one shot) any longer. If Daniel Boone had his way I'm sure he would have traded in his front loader for an M14 right away. Take care, Brother.

Pal334
12-26-2009, 08:46 PM
Pal, if he misses 17 times he don't need a gun. He needs grenades :). Any way you look at it though 17 "chances" are way better than 7. If you walk into a crowded bar and proposition 17 women your chances of waking up in a warm bed with company are better than if you propositioned just 7 women. Think about it :). No, this is definately not gentilemanly behavior but your chances are still greater with 17 no matter how ya look at it. And yes, a miss is still a miss no matter how big or small the bullet. I train for accuracy but the laws of probability still apply. I DO NOT advocate "spray and pray" but there is no such thing as having too much money or too much ammo. The proof is in the fact that modern man does not go into harms way with a muzzle loader (one shot) any longer. If Daniel Boone had his way I'm sure he would have traded in his front loader for an M14 right away. Take care, Brother.

As famous man once said (John Wayne) windage and elevation, windage and elevation. >:)

Pal334
12-26-2009, 08:47 PM
Clearly you have never been with-in a 1/2 mile of my ex-wife at the wrong time of the month..........:innocent:

Then I do humbly apologize and stand corrected :)

Rick
12-26-2009, 08:48 PM
Or stand further away...whichever.

2dumb2kwit
12-26-2009, 09:07 PM

As famous man once said (John Wayne) windage and elevation, windage and elevation. >:)

As another famous man once said, "Go ugly, early!"........oh, wait....y'all were back to talking about shooting....nevermind.:blushing:

Pal334
12-26-2009, 09:34 PM
As another famous man once said, "Go ugly, early!"........oh, wait....y'all were back to talking about shooting....nevermind.:blushing:

Puhleeessse,, the proprieties:) If I wanted to "Go ugly early", I would have bought a Glock :innocent:

glockcop
12-26-2009, 10:20 PM
Puhleeessse,, the proprieties:) If I wanted to "Go ugly early", I would have bought a Glock :innocent:

Don't do it man!....Back away from the Glock slowly before somebody gets hurt:)!! No doubt, a Glock is not perdy but she is like that "beer goggle" one night stand that your buddy warned you about....worked flawlessly and sure was fun. Just buy one already and stop denying yourself one of life's simple, innocent pleasures. Take care, Brother.

2dumb2kwit
12-26-2009, 10:35 PM
Don't do it man!....Back away from the Glock slowly before somebody gets hurt:)!! No doubt, a Glock is not perdy but she is like that "beer goggle" one night stand that your buddy warned you about....worked flawlessly and sure was fun. Just buy one already and stop denying yourself one of life's simple, innocent pleasures. Take care, Brother.

So, a glock is like a moped, too???:innocent: LOL

glockcop
12-26-2009, 10:41 PM
So, a glock is like a moped, too???:innocent: LOL

Ya, I guess but the chicks really do dig Glocks :). I could never get a "hotty" to pose with my moped though :ladysman:. Take care.