PDA

View Full Version : Going to Take Classes

Beo
10-26-2009, 10:09 AM
Most of you know I do a little Historical Trekking (no not reenacting) and I am going to a Woodsmens Weekend on November 7th and 8th in Kentucky.
Here you have to camp and live as they did between 1750 and 1790 and be in the dress of the time period. During the weekend you learn to do things like start a fire with flint and steel, skinning game and hide tanning, making moccasins, flint knapping etc. and learn the culture, skills, and processes used by woodsmen and others to survive on the frontier.
Also skills taught by Native Americans and their process of surviving which I have found to be the easiest and most sensible and pretty dang fun to learn.
If you can learn the skills in this setting you can do it in todays world too, a little easier in my opinion.
Just thought I'd post this in case anyone near here is interested. I have gone before and learned a lot and taught a few classes such tomahawk throwing, flintlock maintenence, fire starting and a few other classes.
It takes place at Fort Boonesborough and is a really good time.
Beo,

crashdive123
10-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Sounds like a cool time. Have fun.

pocomoonskyeyes
10-26-2009, 12:53 PM
Ft Boonesborough? Is that around Lexington?(South of there I mean)

Beo
10-26-2009, 01:04 PM
Just south of Lexington Ky, get off on exit 95 on to route 627 go about 5 or 6 miles and there it is on the right.

pocomoonskyeyes
10-26-2009, 01:18 PM
OK took a little searching to get the right map. I think I've got it figured out though. I may try to come if we can get moved in to the new farm we are going to be renting! It will be cutting it kinda' close though,so don't count on us making it. Farm comes first, as we have been trying to get this for some months. Finally got in touch with the right person,and we are going to be moving come the first or 2nd.
Oh yeah the map. If I've done this correctly.....
This is the area map around Lexington. Here (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Ft.Boonesborough,+Ky.&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl)

Beo
10-26-2009, 01:24 PM
Thats it, if ya come I'll ya there. I'll be in either a green kilt with blue laggins or a breechclout with blue leggings.

trax
10-26-2009, 01:50 PM
Thats it, if ya come I'll ya there. I'll be in either a green kilt with blue laggins or a breechclout with blue leggings.

Apparently the classes he's taking are fashion classes

Ole WV Coot
10-26-2009, 07:54 PM
Apparently the classes he's taking are fashion classes

And to think I grew up in KY. Guess those people that drive across the bridge from Ohio are flatlanders for sure. Dress like that in E. KY and you will make a statement for sure, and it ain't fashion. :sneaky2: Just kidding Beo, hope you are all healed and back chasing "bad guys".:)

Rick
10-26-2009, 11:06 PM
I won't be around come Sadie Hawkins Day and you can bet on that!

Beo
10-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Keep on poking fun ya bunch of goofs, but real men wear kilts!

gryffynklm
10-27-2009, 11:52 AM
Sounds like a great time. I'm going to aim for next year.

Here is a link to the Fort Boons borough living history schedule. There is a contact at the end of the page for this event.
http://www.fortboonesboroughlivinghistory.org/html/_event_schedule.html

I'd love to do something like this.

2dumb2kwit
10-27-2009, 03:02 PM

Hmmm.....KY........isn't that where they make that jelly??? LOL

Have fun!:innocent:

Winnie
10-27-2009, 03:25 PM

Ah yes but do you wear it the real man's way???:innocent:

Rick
10-27-2009, 03:56 PM
http://smileydatabase.com/s/493.gif This girl is fuuuuuuuny!!!!!

Old GI
10-27-2009, 04:15 PM

What do you expect from an old 101st guy? (It's OK, I were one, too. No Rick, not "wore")

2dumb2kwit
10-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Hey, Rick......It looks like cowboy can go, if he wants! LOL:innocent:
(Sorry cowboy.....I couldn't help it!)LOL
http://www.pinkkilt.com/

Rick
10-27-2009, 07:43 PM
I don't know, 2D, I guess REAL men need support. Can't be flyin' in the breeze so to speak wearing a skirt. Of course, a thong would help. Hmmmmm.

Ole WV Coot
10-27-2009, 10:48 PM
I don't know, 2D, I guess REAL men need support. Can't be flyin' in the breeze so to speak wearing a skirt. Of course, a thong would help. Hmmmmm.

I finally understand. He wants to show everyone where he was shot and being the kind person that I am, I would never mention the location.:blushing:

crashdive123
10-27-2009, 10:53 PM
Well ----- being the kind of person I am.....

He got shot in the arse!

Ken
10-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Well ----- being the kind of person I am.....

He got shot in the arse!

Therefore, he is NOT a perfect Arse. Unlike 2dumb and Rick........ :innocent:

Rick
10-29-2009, 07:48 AM
Did a lawyer just call me a perfect arse? Hard to believe that a lawyer would be that astute to know I'm perfect. Sweeeeet!

Winnie
10-29-2009, 09:19 AM
Did a lawyer just call me a perfect arse? Hard to believe that a lawyer would be that astute to know I'm perfect. Sweeeeet!

Just don't bring out that thong to prove it!! NO, no:blushing:

Rick
10-29-2009, 10:53 AM
(snicker....)