PDA

View Full Version : camo sunglasses

Bladen
10-24-2009, 01:59 PM
just got me a pair.
in a word: junk.
worst quality frames and lenses ive ever seen-
even on dollar store shades.

the camo pattern makes you feel like youre looking through a screen.

anywho, i read a bunch of reviews from multiple brand names and people pretty much agree that they are all junk.

my question is: has anybody found a pair that are of good quality and work well?

if so, please let me know the brand.

thanks.

finallyME
10-24-2009, 03:44 PM
The pair I bought mirrors your experience. The worst is that they don't shade my eyes from the sun, so what's the point?

Rick
10-24-2009, 03:53 PM
What's the point of camo shades? If you are in the woods and they are a dark color to begin with don't they blend in with the surroundings? (shadows)? I think sunglasses is one product where function is the most important aspect. They need to block UVA, B and C as well as blue light and if they are polarized, all the better. The rest is eye candy.

Matt86
10-24-2009, 04:24 PM
I have some realy cheap OSHA aproved style work/sunglasses that i have had in my car for years..i think i picked em up at a Lowes before i started a roofing job one summer. They work great when im driving or when im on the lake in my kayak. They block the reflection coming off the water REALY good but they are not so dark i cant see if im in the shade or something..i sure dont look cool wearing em though. LOL!

Rick
10-24-2009, 04:28 PM
Here's a pic of mine...

http://www.rainbowsymphony.com/3dglasses%20(2).jpg

Bladen
10-24-2009, 04:30 PM
on the same note-
if anybody knows of any shades that dont glare really bad or a method of cutting down sunglasses glare- that would be great also.

thanks again.

crashdive123
10-24-2009, 05:00 PM
Are you talking about reflection from the glasses that somebody else could see, or cutting down glare as you look through them? If it's the latter, use polarized lenses.

finallyME
10-24-2009, 05:02 PM
on the same note-
if anybody knows of any shades that dont glare really bad or a method of cutting down sunglasses glare- that would be great also.

thanks again.

http://www.lamood.com/images/500_lrg.jpg

http://dfcamoco.com/cart/products_pictures/hat1.jpg

Matt86
10-24-2009, 05:11 PM
The work glasses i have dont glare bad at all.

Bladen
10-24-2009, 07:02 PM
im talking about the reflection of the sun comming off of the glasses that might alert an animal.

there are times when you can catch a guys watch or glasses shining from quite a long ways away.

i understand that hats can help.

but im really wondering about the glasses themselves.

the glasses i bought had a camo pattern on the lenses and claimed that they wouldnt glare from the sun, of course, this wasnt the case.

i cant stress enough how much i like the people on this site.

thanks again to everybody.

crashdive123
10-24-2009, 07:04 PM
Gotcha. I'd go with FinallyMe's advice and wear a hat with a brim if that is a concern.

NCO
10-24-2009, 07:08 PM
Gotcha. I'd go with FinallyMe's advice and wear a hat with a brim if that is a concern.

Me too, and if you feel that your face should be camouflaged too, use camo-paints.

Rick
10-24-2009, 07:16 PM
I'm not certain what your application is but remember that sun glasses are not the only things that will reflect. Field glasses and scopes can both be faulted for that. Even the sun light on bare skin can really stand out.

Ole WV Coot
10-24-2009, 07:36 PM
I only wear sunglasses when I drive, on the water and the "can't see your eyes" type on the beach. I don't care for them in the woods, wear a hat most of the time. I kinda like
those I order from Australia, Jacaru name brand, last for years.

Rick
10-24-2009, 10:59 PM
Careful what you're lookin' at out there on the beach. The heart only has so many beats in it. Don't want to use them all up at once!