PDA

View Full Version : One more reason.....

Ken
10-21-2009, 08:37 PM
One more reason to carry concealed:

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1206282

Funny. During the holidays, when the malls and stores are packed (and I can conceal it better) I usually carry my .40 cal. instead of my usual .32. :innocent:

I hope they fry this b@stard.

crashdive123
10-21-2009, 08:44 PM
My first thought when I saw the story earlier today was - you try that around here and there are enough cc folks that you may get to see your 72 sturgeons quicker than planned.

glockcop
10-21-2009, 09:06 PM
Ken, Isn't it funny whenever some piece of sh*t criminal dirtbag gets killed or arrested their mother always say, ''He was/is such a good boy"...."Everybody loved him"......"Not my son"....."He was a perfect child" or whatever. You get the picture. I'm sure glad these mothers do not get used for character references often because their word is trash in my mind. If that is being "A good boy" I hate to see what a really bad one is in their mind. Hitler maybe. Or possibly not. I'm sure Hitler's mom said he was "A good boy" too. People lie to themselves and expect we unacolluded few to follow their love for their criminal piece of crap. When we do not we are called "racist", "religious biggots", or just plain "haters". Maybe the last example of "hater" is correct because in my untrammeld reasoning, I can say without a doubt that I hate murderous, felonious criminals. That can be done without being a "racist" or "religious biggot". Last I checked the term "criminal" had absolutely nothing to do with race or religion, even though some statistics may reflect criminal activity comming predominately from a particular race or a particular religion. God forbid if you actually quoted those statistics. You would immediately be called a "racist" or "religious biggot" even though you are just quoting a number that has been validified and accurate. It has become taboo to hurt peoples feeling in this country even when the facts/numbers speak for themselves. I hope they fry that d*ck head too. I also urge everybody to get trained and arm themselves accordingly. You may just save more than your own a$$ one day. I sure would want one of you actual good guys to be armed and on scene if my family were suddenly in danger and beyond my protection. I'm sure we all could understand and agree with that thought. Stay safe, Brother.

Ken
10-21-2009, 09:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHDY9nbdngQ

Ken
10-21-2009, 09:27 PM
With some exceptions, mothers will almost always tell you that their son/daughter is a great kid.

The exceptions include those instances when the child has murdered the mother. :innocent:

Ken
10-21-2009, 09:44 PM
We've had a significant increase in armed robberies in this area over the past few months. Banks, convenience stores, private citizens.....

There's very little CCW in this area. Still, it's only a matter of time before some slimeball selects the wrong target and ends up dead. The sad thing is, even with a CCW license, the victim will probably still be arrested and charged with murder.

Why is it that, if a police officer shoots and kills an armed criminal in the act of commiting a violent crime, the officer is portrayed as a hero, but if the shooter is a private citizen, in the same circumstances, he's arrested and charged with murder by the police? :sneaky2:

crashdive123
10-21-2009, 10:02 PM
Why is it that, if a police officer shoots and kills an armed criminal in the act of commiting a violent crime, the officer is portrayed as a hero, but if the shooter is a private citizen, in the same circumstances, he's arrested and charged with murder by the police? Not around here.

glockcop
10-21-2009, 11:46 PM
Not around here.

I agree big time with Crash. As a police officer I can tell you that if you use deadly force in the line of duty you will be GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT. Police officers have LESS RIGHTS than a citizen. It is not written so to speak but the after effects speak it loud and clear. On the scene your weapon is stripped from you in plain view of the public and coworkers displaying an udertone of mistrust and misjudgement. You will be FORCED to give a written and recorded statement immediately following the incident (accompanied by your lawyer and or supervisor of course). You will undergo interrogation by the assigned Detective. You will be investigated by Internal Affairs. You will have to undergo phyciatric council. Then if you have not been hung out to dry by a Detective, I.A., possibly the FBI, and a head shrink, you will be subjected to a Grande Jury Hearing. The media and local "Reverands/community leaders" will also brand you a "murderer". This leads to political pressure that could cost you your career. Then the inevitable civil litigation were a dirt bag's family tries to get rich from you and the department. Average citizens do not have the multitude of hurdles to contend with. A citizen will have his weapon taken, VOLUNTARY statement taken. An INTERVIEW not INTEROGATION (there is a difference) by Detetives, and then Grande Jury. "Hero" treatment? Hardly! It is a degridation no police officer should have to endure, believe me. All for doing your job. All for serving and protecting. All for following Law Enforcement rule number one...."Go home at the end of your shift". We do not want or expect "hero" treatment. We want to do our job without a crucifix involved. The D.A. and independant lawyers have months or sometimes years to nitpick your actions. Actions backed up by circumstances, thoughts, emotions, and descisions that may be extremely difficult to verbalize. Painting the proverbial "picture" of the incident to a jury, who probably know nothing about law enforcement, may not be possible. Good luck to all of the good guys. Your gonna need it if you ever have to "tune up" a felon. Godspead.

nell67
10-22-2009, 06:46 AM
Wonder if that also happns to the "SWAT" team members who have to take out the bad guy in a hostage situation??

crashdive123
10-22-2009, 07:40 AM
Glockcop - I have the utmost respect for personnel in law enforcement and the job that they do. I serve on the Sheriff's Advisory Council and do what I can as a civilian (sounds weird calling myself a civilian after over 20 years in the military). The process you describe is similar here. Not sure about any of it taking place in plain view of the public though. My response though was referring to Ken's comments about civilians being arrested and charged with murder. While if the evidence shows that is the case an arrest will take place but, the Florida Castle Doctrine Law is pretty good a protecting the citizens for the "lawful" employment of deadly force.

Ole WV Coot
10-22-2009, 08:47 AM
Love the Castle Doctrine Law and in my area the "little ole lady" in WalMart probably has a 44mag in her purse.

Old GI
10-22-2009, 09:19 AM
With some exceptions, mothers will almost always tell you that their son/daughter is a great kid.

The exceptions include those instances when the child has murdered the mother. :innocent:

Brings to mind the Menendez brothers. Killed both their parents and ask for leniency because they were orphans.

GC and other LEOs: I have worked with LEOs and I still don't know how you guys cope. 1) Not wailing on a guy after a high speed nearly killing or nearly killing innocents and 2) going through the shooting board process.

Example, when I was looking for work in the FL panhandle, I saw numerous positions for Child/Elderly Abuse investigators for which I was qualified. I didn't pursue that because the first time I saw an infant with cigarette burns or the like, I know what I would do. You lose your military retirement with a felony conviction.

glockcop
10-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Wonder if that also happns to the "SWAT" team members who have to take out the bad guy in a hostage situation??

Yes they go through it too.