PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use DPMS products?

SARKY
10-20-2009, 10:35 AM
So does anyone have a DPMS upper? if so which one? and how do you like it? I'm looking at getting a flat top bull barrel either 16 or 20 inch. I would much prefer to split the difference to 18 inches

glockcop
10-20-2009, 02:28 PM
Sarky, I do not own any DPMS weapons but have used the AP4 Carbine a bit. They are of the utmost high quality. Very nice fit and finish. talk about performance....These sucker flat out shoot. Never had a jam w/ one and they are very accurate. In total I put about 1000 rounds through three of them when the department was looking for a contract. In accuracy testing I was getting 7/8''-1 1/4'' groups @ 100 yards all day long. Stopped to clean just the bore about every 50 rounds. We wound up going with the S&W MP15 due to a really great testing results, LE price quote, and armory support (stock of parts and armory training). Their performance has been every bit as nice as the DPMS or vice versa. Depends on how ya look at it, I guess :). Hope this helps your decision. Best.

tacmedic
11-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Sarky, I have a DPMS with a 16" bull barrel flat top upper. I haven't really put a lot of rounds through it yet but so far it has functioned very well no problems with feeding or jamming.

oldsoldier
11-03-2009, 06:46 PM
I have used several DPMS/panther weapons they are a very good quality well made dependable firearm. I personally prefer Stag arms but that's just a personal thing kind likw spme people here prefer a Glock hand gun. If I had to make a second choice after stag, I would go with a panther.

SARKY
11-04-2009, 01:08 AM
Thanks guys. Well my lower is a Stag arms and I just got my upper today, a DPMS 16 inch bull barrel. It looks nice, i'll let you know how it shoots.

Sourdough
11-04-2009, 09:57 AM
Thanks guys. Well my lower is a Stag arms and I just got my upper today, a DPMS 16 inch bull barrel. It looks nice, i'll let you know how it shoots.

What cartridge.......?

SARKY
11-04-2009, 12:38 PM
It's in .223 but i'm having it opened up (the throat) with a .223 Wylde reamer. It's not as long a throat as the 5.56 but longer than the .223

glockcop
11-04-2009, 05:29 PM
It's in .223 but i'm having it opened up (the throat) with a .223 Wylde reamer. It's not as long a throat as the 5.56 but longer than the .223

Good descision on the Wylde chamber. As I've said before, I will not have an AR without a Wylde chamber. Best of both worlds. Let us know how it shoots. Stay safe.