PDA

View Full Version : is it me?

wareagle69
11-05-2007, 06:17 PM
or am i the only one who kind of hopes we could have a mini scenario sort of power outage for about two months just to test myself, now i know that would put us in a major meltdown if that happened but sometimes when i hit the pillow at night i run thru this in my head ( would have said fantasize but there was this whole thing with trax and owl girl cuddling that we don't want to go thru again)

always be prepared..

trax
11-05-2007, 06:25 PM
about you and Norm, now I'm going to have them about scout leaders with razors, me and owl _girl cuddling are pretty normal all things considered (and that's normal, bro..not NORM al)

power outage? been there, done that. I had a good wood stove so it wasn't too unpleasant.

nell67
11-05-2007, 06:58 PM
you guys are rotten LOL

trax
11-05-2007, 07:33 PM
you guys are rotten LOL

Why thank you nell (kicks WE under the table...psst say "thank you nell")

wareagle69
11-05-2007, 07:34 PM
uh ah ya thank you nell ( kicks back under table toe to shin)

Beo
11-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Yeah sure blow the power for about two months, I could careless cause I don't pay my bills anyway, lol... I'm headen up there with ya Cannicks! :D Tell Trapper Girl I'll be right there :D

trax
11-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Called us Cannicks, dude, them's fightin' words..Canucks...Canuckistanians...but Cannicks? ewww.... :D

wareagle69
11-05-2007, 07:49 PM
being a fellow black hat (i'm assuming your of the older rangers) and also a buckeye(lived in ohio for about 8yrs) your dissapointing me here. a canick lord tundering wheres my touqe eh i'm going to get my double double and head down thar and show ya a canick..

Beo
11-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Damn my bad I meant Canucks, but screw it ya damn Cannicks bring it on maple leaf wearing freaks... lol...lol :D

HOP
11-05-2007, 08:43 PM
The area my sister lived in TX had power out for about 3 or 4 weeks during Katrina, I t was a mad house theivery and robbery all over tyhe place National Guard pasing out MREs they lost 2 big chest frezzers ful of meat and vegies heat was a big issue. I have just picked up a gas generator 3700 peak load 3000 steady run . Loss of power doesn't bother me but it sure brings out the worst in many. If I head for the hils the generator is staying where it is at.

LadyTrapper
11-05-2007, 09:41 PM
I agree with HOP, it would cause alot of panic in the lives of the "other" people. In this time of electonics, things would grind to a stop and you would want 'Ol Bessie by the bedside for protecting what was yours. We spend weeks in the summer at our shack in the woods with no power or running water, and a few more weeks in the winter trapping season. It is therapy for the soul. Bathing in the 'crick will bring ya around in the morning, let me tell ya.
If it had to be no power, I would want it to be in the cold weather so we dont lose our winters supply of meat. Alot of work raising a hog and hunting down a deer and bear to lose it to rot. Nothing like cozying up near a wood fire while chops are sizzlin in the pan on top of it.
There's always room for one more up here in Canuckland...but honestly...instead of the maple leaf flag, there is a redneck flag flying off mine. High and proud! Honest! LOL

trax
11-06-2007, 05:07 PM
I agree with HOP, it would cause alot of panic in the lives of the "other" people.

--part of the "training" that WE mentioned should certainly include gaining an awareness of how those around you are going to respond to a crisis.
If it had to be no power, I would want it to be in the cold weather so we dont lose our winters supply of meat.

--Yeah, but there's other ways to store meat and that wood fire might not be available to a lot of people to help stay warm, again...helps them prepare for a longer term crisis
Nothing like cozying up near a wood fire while chops are sizzlin in the pan on top of it.

--What time's supper? Nell, I could be late.
There's always room for one more up here in Canuckland...but honestly...instead of the maple leaf flag, there is a redneck flag flying off mine. High and proud! Honest! LOL

--I'm still kinda partial to the ol' Maple Leaf, call me a weepy eyed sentimentalist. And Lady, quit encouraging them! I kinda like the way teh population breaks out in North America, leaves me plenty of elbow room LOL

but yeah, other than that ....it's probably just WE that would want this mini-scenario thing to happen What can I say? The man's a brother to me, but he does spend a lot of his spare time hanging out with a moose :D:D (and that kick under the table? OW!)

LadyTrapper
11-06-2007, 08:48 PM
I musta missed a post here?
I was just giving a personal account of how I might want this scenario to go.

jose lobo
11-06-2007, 09:50 PM
when the power goes (just a dam or two) things will change everywhere, in every way.
the time will come, when mans demands can not be met. it is get more fragile every day.

Im sitting on a 75 kw hydro plant. back up solar, and year round growing season.
and more different kinds of yummy critters than anywhere on earth,, and they are all protected.. so they be ah multiplying. "be prepared"

i must admit i miss the snow, elk jerky, pine nuts, and smoked salmon,

good luck to you all

Stealth
11-06-2007, 11:46 PM
theres a trilogy starting with a book called "Dies the Fire" by SM Sterling that is based on some sort of electromagnetic anomaly that renders all technology useless permenatly. he also has the same anomaly destroy gunpowder too so firearms are out of the question and everything resorts back to medieval times with the plague and all. although highly improbable its a good read if you like that sci-fi/fantasy stuff.

corndog-44
11-06-2007, 11:52 PM
or am i the only one who kind of hopes we could have a mini scenario sort of power outage for about two months just to test myself, now i know that would put us in a major meltdown if that happened but sometimes when i hit the pillow at night i run thru this in my head ( would have said fantasize but there was this whole thing with trax and owl girl cuddling that we don't want to go thru again)

always be prepared..

Just pull out the house fuse, wareagle. Why should we all suffer? :D

wareagle69
11-07-2007, 10:04 PM
it's the mental thing hoss.
i live pretty basic now it's the same question i've asked myself before how good of a ranger could i be could i make a living riding bulls could i conquer myself in the cage these are all mental hurdles i have faced and thrived in so now i wonder about this type of scenario. just another test for me.

trax
11-08-2007, 11:23 AM
I lived through that particular scenario up north a number of years ago. It was a small town, 2500 people, most people pulled together, I was pretty ok with the wood stove for the most part. it was a week without electricity in February

Beo
11-08-2007, 11:27 AM
Bet you were a fine Ranger bro, and I too have wanted to test myself by just living off the land for a long time (different kinda Rangering there) and just surviving by my skills. Living the way you do is a "Lead from the Front" style for a group like this and my hats off to you. I understand the mental questions you ask yourself as I do the same everyday.

Beo
11-08-2007, 11:30 AM
I agree with HOP, it would cause alot of panic in the lives of the "other" people. In this time of electonics, things would grind to a stop and you would want 'Ol Bessie by the bedside for protecting what was yours.

Good let them panic and then they'll wanna know what we know and respect life as we do.
Can I come up to Canuckland... Pleeeeeeease:D:D:D:D

trax
11-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Good let them panic and then they'll wanna know what we know and respect life as we do.
Can I come up to Canuckland... Pleeeeeeease:D:D:D:D

welcome at my place anytime beowulf