PDA

View Full Version : purchasing ammunition=fingerprinted and registered

kx250kev
10-15-2009, 12:48 AM
Wow, this ought to fuel the ammunitioin buying panic all over again.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=5164

As previously reported, the California Assembly passed Assembly Bill 962 by a 44 to 31 vote. AB962 now joins Senate Bill 585 on the desk of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger (R) where they await his consideration.

AB962 requires individuals purchasing ammunition be fingerprinted and registered at the time of sale, mandates that dealers keep these records and make them available for inspection by the California Department of Justice. Ammunition retailers would also have to store ammunition in such a manner that it would be inaccessible to purchasers. Finally, mail order ammunition sales are prohibited under AB962.

Rick
10-15-2009, 07:10 AM
California....That's in America, right? Perhaps they should dump fingerprint ink in the Sacramento River. Perhaps they should store politicians where they are inaccessible.

Ole WV Coot
10-15-2009, 09:07 AM
California....That's in America, right? Perhaps they should dump fingerprint ink in the Sacramento River. Perhaps they should store politicians where they are inaccessible.

Rick, you're getting mellow in your old age. I do believe you're way too kind.:innocent:

2dumb2kwit
10-15-2009, 10:15 AM
He signed that bill, into law.

(10-12) 18:28 PDT SACRAMENTO -- People buying ammunition in California will soon have to be thumbprinted and dealers will have to keep records of sales, under legislation that Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed into law.

Like gun transactions, all ammunition sales will have to be face-to-face, a requirement that will force online buyers to arrange delivery of ammunition to a seller in California.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/10/13/BA551A4M82.DTL

http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/NewsReleases.aspx?ID=12998

Old GI
10-15-2009, 12:16 PM
Any ammo not sold in CA due to this can be sent to Colorado.

Rick
10-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Someone could sure make some money selling ammo on the Oregon, California border!

Top it off - let it idle
10-15-2009, 01:32 PM
EDIT: Dang it! Rick beat me to the idea... partnership perhaps... or just a cut of the profits.

Talk about business opportunities. Just like liquor and fireworks - ammunition stands just across state lines! What a great way to drive revenue to Oregon, Nevada and Arizona.

It's unfortunate that the focus is always on guns and not about the root causes of crime and violence - poverty, lack of educational opportunity, disintegration of community and family. Nothing was learned from prohibition or the "war on drugs"... not a thing. Last time I checked, drugs are still illegal and still readily available and in abundance.

Rick
10-15-2009, 01:38 PM
It seems rational to me that since California sits on the west coast they would like be the very first ones to be invaded. You know, one if by land, two if by sea kind of thing.

In other news...Samoa invaded California this morning and captured the state while everyone was busy getting fingerprinted to purchase ammo. The folks in Nevada, Arizona and Oregon brought popcorn, soda and other snacks as they enjoyed the show.

2dumb2kwit
10-15-2009, 03:58 PM
AB962 requires individuals purchasing ammunition be fingerprinted and registered at the time of sale, mandates that dealers keep these records and make them available for inspection by the California Department of Justice.

Could you imagine the screams, if a state required this to vote?:innocent:

oldsoldier
10-15-2009, 07:25 PM
Well we are talking about Commiefornia afterall

Ken
10-15-2009, 09:11 PM
And so it starts in California. Soon it will begin to spread across the country. Not every state, but several - maybe even a majority.

Our government is out of control.

The vast majority of elected officials and judges should be thrown out of office.

LowKey
10-15-2009, 09:18 PM
Isn't CA a no-lead state too? Who wants to buy the expensive **** there anyway?
But you're right. This isn't really about illegal guns and crime, is it...:sneaky2:

dscrick
10-16-2009, 03:08 PM
CA has been a banner state for the Anti-Gunners for years. The state is bankrupt and all the legislators can come up with is this? Look at the bright side, in the new movie 2012 we get to watch CA slide into the Pacific (advance apologies to all the like minded folks in CA, I'm assuming you'll bug out).

I will miss the walnuts and avacados, and garlic, and cheap lettuce, etc.

Old GI
08-26-2010, 11:35 AM
http://www.nssfblog.com/epa-considering-ban-on-traditional-ammunition-take-action-now/

SARKY
08-26-2010, 12:05 PM
Yep, these A-hole poly-tick-ians (means multiple blood sucking tick) have figured out that they can't get rid of the guns. So to disarm us they plan on getting rid of the ammo.

Rick
08-26-2010, 12:16 PM
How did you get politicians out of this? The Center for Biological Diversity filed a petition with the EPA. They have to review it.

SARKY
08-26-2010, 12:24 PM
First, it started in CA, next it was this administration who has given unprecidented power to federal agencies. Also the CBD and the EPA have been working hand in hand. I would bet that the EPA told the CBD to file the petition. Also the present law exempts ammo from the toxic substance list. Talk about an end around stategery!

Sourdough
08-26-2010, 12:27 PM
How did you get politicians out of this? The Center for Biological Diversity filed a petition with the EPA. They have to review it.

Will the make WAR illegal..........? Military uses FMJ/lead core bullets

kyratshooter
08-26-2010, 03:56 PM
First, it started in CA, next it was this administration who has given unprecidented power to federal agencies. Also the CBD and the EPA have been working hand in hand. I would bet that the EPA told the CBD to file the petition. Also the present law exempts ammo from the toxic substance list. Talk about an end around stategery!

I just heard today (Glen Beck) that the EPA hs entered regulation to eliminate lead from all ammo use. Since this is regulation of toxic substance it does not have to go before congress for a vote.

I worked so well in California and the condors they realized they have missed an excellent back door gun control process.

Oh thank you Lord Czar of the Emvironment!

Rick
08-26-2010, 04:19 PM
They don't vote on it until November 1. The public discussion period is 8-1 through 10-31.

Sourdough
08-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Well, I only ever keep just one live cartridge. So I'll take that round to the dump ASAP.........:innocent:

Rick
08-26-2010, 04:43 PM
I have contacted my senators and representative on this as well as Lisa Jackson to make certain they know I am against the ban. I urge all of you that are like minded to take the time to forward a polite email to all of your representatives as well as Ms. Jackson. I'm just hopeful the NRA and ammo lobbies can put a stop to this.

The contact information for everyone is in the link provided above.

Winter
08-26-2010, 09:17 PM
Wow, how stupid are these people?

jgcoastie
08-27-2010, 03:16 AM
For more information on AB962; see this link: http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/OOIDA_v._Lindley

I am an active member of The Firing Line (http://thefiringline.com/forums/index.php) where pretty much all things firearm-related are discussed, including 2A court battles. For more information on most of the current 2A Court Battles; see http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=416973

This is not an ad plug for The Firing Line, I am not employed by, nor do I receive any sort of compensation (monetary or otherwise) for promoting TFL. I am only suggesting it as a resource of information for firearms enthusiasts of all types because of the inherent dependence on firearms for self-defense and defense of others in times where "survival of the best prepared" often becomes the "norm" vice the "exception".